Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM
N00B

Tigers Jaw -- Ybor City, FL -- June 15th, 2013

We arrived early in Ybor city around 4pm to wait for the Tigers Jaw concert happening at the Orpheum that night, for an hour or so we roamed Ybor city looking for a record/music store (with no luck), until around 6:15 when we headed to get in line in front of the venue, which was aggravating because the line was split into two separate lines due to the owner of the painting gallery not wanting anyone standing in front of the store, and everyone that arrived after we did just chose to ignore the second line and slip into the back of the first line.

There was already a concert going on at the Orpheum, the "FL Rules Fest", some of the best local hardcore, punk and metal bands, so those of us who were going to attend the Tigers Jaw concert were moved to the up stairs balcony in the Orpheum and waiting for the last bands to finish, and I didn't catch the name, but whoever the last band to play were awesome, very pantera/slayer feel.

Once the crowd for the FL Rules fest were gone we all headed to the stage to await the first band Dad Punchers. I previously had never heard of this band, but I was told that their singer is Elliot from Touche Amore, a band I'm a big fan of so I was a little anxious to see what they were a about. When they came on stage ad started playing it was far from what I expected, but it was definitely good, more of a pop punk sound instead of T.A's chaotic post hardcore style, I wasn't blown away but it was still very well done.

After Dad Punchers it was time for a new favorite of mine, Pianos Become The Teeth. Even thought it was Tigers Jaw's show, it was obvious there were more people there specifically for PBTT, From the second they full band broke into the first song the crowd was chaos, I was in the dead front and center in front of the vocalist so I got the worst of it, but I still loved every second of it. It's rare to see new bands with the raw intensity and passion that PBTT put into their live performance, the high point for me was when they played their song "Hiding" off their split with Touche Amore, PBTT are definitely a band that any fan of theirs needs to see live.

And now it was finally time for Tigers Jaw, the show was much more intense and emotional because this was Tigers Jaw's farewell/hiatus tour, so everything was a step up more than usual. Throughout the entire Tiger's Jaw set, it was crowd surfers/stage divers galore, and everyone was singing along to ever song, it really sucks seeing a band you love for the first
time and at the same time for the last time, but it made all the more special, Tigers Jaw gave everything they had into thir performance and played a song that surprised me and probably most of the audience when they broke into "Chemicals" and many a tear was shed, but it was still one of the best and most intimate performances I've ever witnessed, I'm glad I got to see them at least once, and if you didn't get to se them I feel sorry for you.
--

Tigers Jaw

1)Return
2)Distress Signal
3)I Was Never Your Boyfriend
4)Test Pattern
5)Smile
6)Never Saw It Coming
7)No Mask
8)Jet Alone
9)Dent
10)Fake Death
11)Chemicals
12)Plane Vs. Tank Vs. Submarine
13)I Saw Water
14)The Sun

Pianos Become The teeth (not correct order/incomplete)

1)I'll Be Damned
2)Good Times
3)Filial
4)Hiding
5)I'll Be Fine
6)Shared Bodies
7)Cripples Can't Shiver

Last edited by TheNobleFaceHumper; 06-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Tags
pianos become the teeth, tigers jaw