Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorvatin View Post
really? i believe i would have omitted this setlist as i would be too embarrassed to let anyone know i saw him, including myself. lol
Only someone who hasn't seen him would say that. Or someone with low self-confidence who has, I suppose. Best performer of SRF 2011, and one of the best this year too.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 06-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Only someone who hasn't seen him would say that. Or someone with low self-confidence who has, I suppose. Best performer of SRF 2011, and one of the best this year too.
True, I have never seen him live. My sister had all those albums in the early 80's rick springfield, olivia newton john, bee gees, grew me to despise this entire genre, and then albums like kill em all were released (as a 13yo) and i was saved. I have heard those albums over and over. still can't stand hearing any of that stuff.

on another note, (being that you profile says you are located across the ocean) have you ever seen Hanoi Rocks live? with Razzle?
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
True, I have never seen him live. My sister had all those albums in the early 80's rick springfield, olivia newton john, bee gees, grew me to despise this entire genre, and then albums like kill em all were released (as a 13yo) and i was saved. I have heard those albums over and over. still can't stand hearing any of that stuff.
Yep, his records suck. Live, he's one of the best out there.

Quote:
on another note, (being that you profile says you are located across the ocean) have you ever seen Hanoi Rocks live? with Razzle?
Sweet Jesus no. I have seen Michael Monroe solo though; he was awful and looked like a caricature.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 10-29-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:17 AM

First batch of photos. Lots more to come.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
This festival always seems to have an insane lineup!

If they drop Farewell and add in just about any other song from the last four records, this set would be perfect. I'm not expecting their full 3 hour set, but something like this would be totally satisfying!
So, you're driving all the way from Toronto to see Avantasia in Quebec City? Cool. The weather forecast is excellent so far. Let's hope it doesn't change. Looks like Ronnie Atkins won't be on Quebec City though. I'd have loved to see him...
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaleloi666 View Post
So, you're driving all the way from Toronto to see Avantasia in Quebec City? Cool. The weather forecast is excellent so far. Let's hope it doesn't change. Looks like Ronnie Atkins won't be on Quebec City though. I'd have loved to see him...
Yessir I am. I believe Maiden33 is going from Pennsylvania, and I read on the Avantasia forums that some guy is going from Seattle. I know another guy coming from Toronto as well. This thing is going to draw pretty well I'd imagine.
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Yessir I am. I believe Maiden33 is going from Pennsylvania, and I read on the Avantasia forums that some guy is going from Seattle. I know another guy coming from Toronto as well. This thing is going to draw pretty well I'd imagine.
Honestly, I really don't know what will be the draw. I mean, you gotta count on the "festival" attraction with the cheap 11-day ticket ($78), where loads of people who usually don't attend gigs do. I'd say for a "normal" show, Avantasia would draw no more than 300-400 in Quebec City, about the same as a band like Hammerfall do. But Hammerfall played the festival a few years ago, on the very same stage where Avantasia will play, and it was close to be sold-out (5,000 crowd). So, maybe Avantasia can be close to sell-out the place as well. Let's hope so. Voivod should draw some people in as well, even though it's a weird fit.

Last edited by metaleloi666; 07-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaleloi666 View Post
Honestly, I really don't know what will be the draw. I mean, you gotta count on the "festival" attraction with the cheap 11-day ticket ($78), where loads of people who usually don't attend gigs do. I'd say for a "normal" show, Avantasia would draw no more than 300-400 in Quebec City, about the same as a band like Hammerfall do. But Hammerfall played the festival a few years ago, on the very same stage where Avantasia will play, and it was close to be sold-out (5,000 crowd). So, maybe Avantasia can be close to sell-out the place as well. Let's hope so. Voivod should draw some people in as well, even though it's a weird fit.
That's a great crowd for HammerFall. I agree that most power metal bands will draw no more than 500 (maybe Helloween, and definitely Blind Guardian could do better), but this is a different situation. This is quite possibly the only chance a Canadian/American will ever get to see Avantasia, and I think a lot of people will be traveling to see it.

Either way, I plan to be in line before doors open just to make sure I get in and get plenty of merch
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 AM

Next set is up.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 08-29-2013, 06:28 AM

This month's spot of thread-necro for some more photographic goodness.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Tags
accept, audrey horne, avantasia, candlemass, civil war, demon, doro, europe, firewind, heathen, kiss, krokus, leprous, michael katon, morgana lefay, rick springfield, saxon, skid row, tankard, the quireboys, thunder, ufo