The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-05-2005, 07:00 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Me too, somehow I think you guys are blowing Bruce's complaing a little out of proportion.
He crossed the line between complaining and pissing people off for sport.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:05 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
He also whined about the venue name, "DTE Energy Music Theater, what kind of a fucking name is that for rock?" He mentioned it a few other times.
I think he just picks on venue names for fun. When I saw them on the GMETID tour, he talked about that when he heard the name of the place was the Tommy Hilfiger Theater he said to himself "Who the FUCK is tommy hilfiger?!" And then he told a story about how he went to look up tommy hilfiger on the internet and ended up finding half naked pictures of homosexuals.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Bruce is right, stop whining, just ask TP about the difference between US and Canadian Maiden crowds

We don't have second row concert goers eating hot dogs during the Trooper here, that said, I agree that he should keep is mouth shut, cause what possitive things can he get out of that ??? Nothing.

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden
Old 08-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Me too, somehow I think you guys are blowing Bruce's complaing a little out of proportion.
No, it is not getting blown out of proportion. In fact, it was probably worse than people are taking the time to describe. In Chicago he was complaining about something before, during, or after every song. Sometimes I could not even hear the guitar solo because Bruce was ranting. It gets really old. People generally go to concerts to have a good time, not get bitched at for an hour. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome set. You just have to ignore the angry old man with the microphone.

I still don't understand the rationale behind doing OzzFest anyway. How much energy are you going to get from a crowd that has been at the venue all day. I didn't get there until 5:00 and the place was already full. A lot of people were worn out before Maiden even hit the stage. Some were just hanging around to see Sabbath. Some were already completely wasted.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden
Bruce is right, stop whining, just ask TP about the difference between US and Canadian Maiden crowds

We don't have second row concert goers eating hot dogs during the Trooper here, that said, I agree that he should keep is mouth shut, cause what possitive things can he get out of that ??? Nothing.

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden

Why should we be "told" how to enjoy a concert? Maybe there should be an instruction manual passed out before the show. Read the manual and sign on the line or you can't enter the venue. If you don't agree to participate you can get a refund at the box office.

I can't sit still during a concert but that doesn't mean that other people can't just sit back and enjoy the show. You can't expect to berate the crowd enough to force them to participate the way you want them to. It's ridiculous. It actually makes me want to participate less.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:49 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
Why should we be "told" how to enjoy a concert? Maybe there should be an instruction manual passed out before the show. Read the manual and sign on the line or you can't enter the venue. If you don't agree to participate you can get a refund at the box office.

I can't sit still during a concert but that doesn't mean that other people can't just sit back and enjoy the show. You can't expect to berate the crowd enough to force them to participate the way you want them to. It's ridiculous. It actually makes me want to participate less.
I agree 100 % with you on this. But Bruce apparantly doesn't.

That being said I should specified that I was more refering to Ozzfest crowds that doesn't seems to get into Maiden's set with passion. And I'm only basing my comments over people that I've met in toronto that went to Ozzfest gigs (maybe 10 people) But they all seems to agree that if you get floor\pit tickets and you are gonna eat a hot dog during the show, get the fuck in the back or fuckin get in the mood !!!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden
Old 08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
No, it is not getting blown out of proportion. In fact, it was probably worse than people are taking the time to describe. In Chicago he was complaining about something before, during, or after every song. Sometimes I could not even hear the guitar solo because Bruce was ranting. It gets really old. People generally go to concerts to have a good time, not get bitched at for an hour. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome set. You just have to ignore the angry old man with the microphone.

I still don't understand the rationale behind doing OzzFest anyway. How much energy are you going to get from a crowd that has been at the venue all day. I didn't get there until 5:00 and the place was already full. A lot of people were worn out before Maiden even hit the stage. Some were just hanging around to see Sabbath. Some were already completely wasted.
Well put

It's also interesting to compare Bruce to Ozzy. Bruce just seemed pissed. Ozzy was smiling and having a good time. Ozzy looked like he enjoyed being there. Bruce didn't. While Bruce is definitely a better singer, attitude does make a difference.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Jedi Master

This is exactly how Bruce has acted since 1999 at almost all the gigs I've attended, Ozzfest or not. Perhaps, the difference might be that his on stage bullshit has boiled over into interviews now so people notice his stage behavior more.

I'm glad to see that almost everyone here is starting to smell the coffee on this matter. To those of you who don't, all I can say is

Something that I'd like everyone to consider is that Bruce's complaints about energy at the gigs seem to me to be something of a facade. Americans are at least as energetic, probably a lot more so than Japanese audiences. Go check your bootlegs to see how often per gig he cusses out the Japanese audiences compared to American audiences. After you do, I think you'll find that something else is going on here.

The bottom line is that Bruce is a dick. If some of you really want to continue making excuses for him, than go ahead, but it all rings very hollow.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
Well put

It's also interesting to compare Bruce to Ozzy. Bruce just seemed pissed. Ozzy was smiling and having a good time. Ozzy looked like he enjoyed being there. Bruce didn't. While Bruce is definitely a better singer, attitude does make a difference.

Compare Bruce to Ozzy, Dio, Halford, or Hetfield. They all seem to be having a lot of fun performing for their fans and appreciate the support. (It's also interesting that I've never seen anyone throw something at one of them on stage.)
Old 08-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Jedi Master

Another comment on Ozzfest crowds. Last year I saw 65,000 people hanging on every word and movement of Halford and Ozzy at the Devore gig. I didn't notice what looked like four genereations of people together having trouble rocking out.
Perhaps the problem is simply Bruce.

Tags
black sabbath, iron maiden, ozzfest