Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Yeah I figured that most bands wouldn't be there for Thursday, wishful thinking though.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 AM
N00B

Might go watch to camden yard to watch a baseball game instead... or hockey game in a pub. I just dont care for thursday anymore since I'll be seeing Coffins in new york tomorrow & friday at MDF.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I just realized the Tribe is playing the O's in Baltimore during this entire thing. I've always wanted to go to Camden Yards. I've seen games in about a dozen different MLB ballparks, and this is one of the nicest ones that I haven't visited yet. Both times I've been to MDF in the past, the O's were out of town, and this time not only are they in town, but they're playing my home team - and I can't go.

BRB going to cry like a little girl.
Camden Yards is pretty awesome, definitely worth a visit if you are in town at some point.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. roti View Post
Maryland Deathfest To clarify, we are not adding a band and we are not issuing refunds. Please be realistic. Money was spent on non-refundable airfare and visa costs, so the budget for a replacement is zero dollars.
Ahh the plight of the concert promoter. Book a show with a certain band advertised, get people to pay money on that premise, have act cancel (the main act no less) and offer no recourse. I guess it's always helpful to keep in mind you as the fan aren't just paying to see the band perform, you're entering into a contract unbeknownst to you as a third party travel agent in assisting in booking their travel, visas, hotel stays, etc.

It's cute when promoters give you no facts or information up front like this on this premise, and then proceed to ask you to be realistic, as if you knew beforehand you were entered into this arrangement.

How about Thursday is "1-free-beer" day? Surely that would please folks and increase ticket sales at the same time.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 AM
N00B

Checked out Solstafir's show in Boston last night, they were pretty good. Their style isn't really my thing, but they were well-received overall.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:11 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
It's cute when promoters give you no facts or information up front like this on this premise, and then proceed to ask you to be realistic, as if you knew beforehand you were entered into this arrangement.

How about Thursday is "1-free-beer" day? Surely that would please folks and increase ticket sales at the same time.
I like the 1-free-beer idea.
I don't think MDF's stance on this is ridiculous, though. If it's a regular show like a tour stop and the headliner cancels, yes, I expect a refund.
In a case like this, you're essentially buying a ticket for the whole event in general. I purchase the ticket with the understanding that if a lineup change causes me to decide not to go, then it's on me to try to sell my ticket in the secondary market.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrz View Post
I like the 1-free-beer idea.
I don't think MDF's stance on this is ridiculous, though. If it's a regular show like a tour stop and the headliner cancels, yes, I expect a refund.
In a case like this, you're essentially buying a ticket for the whole event in general. I purchase the ticket with the understanding that if a lineup change causes me to decide not to go, then it's on me to try to sell my ticket in the secondary market.
Not necessarily. I'm not buying a ticket for the whole event, I'm actually only going Sunday. Of course, the "festival" thing makes it much tougher when a lineup change occurs and that's understandable and puts the organizers in a bind PR wise, an uncomfortable situation indeed. But when it's your headliner and not some loser opening band or two that drops, to simply come out and essentially say "tough titties", I don't think that's right either.

It's the risk a fan takes I guess with the festival structure, but I don't think they should be so hard ass either.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

To be fair, in Europe if a headliner cancels, they will usually refund day tickets for that day, but not weekend tickets.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I'm not really expecting another band to take Triptykon's place. If there is, I seriously doubt it'll be one of Triptykon's size and caliber. I actually wouldn't mind one of the Wednesday bands performing again - I would hope for Black Breath.

Other than that, it'll probably just be extended sets. The only kinda crappy thing about that is I don't really want longer sets from Sourvein or Crowbar, haha.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm not really expecting another band to take Triptykon's place. If there is, I seriously doubt it'll be one of Triptykon's size and caliber. I actually wouldn't mind one of the Wednesday bands performing again - I would hope for Black Breath.

Other than that, it'll probably just be extended sets. The only kinda crappy thing about that is I don't really want longer sets from Sourvein or Crowbar, haha.
Goddamn I'd love a longer set from Crowbar, but mainly because "longer" when it comes to Crowbar means "over an hour".

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka