11. Cocainium
12. Eula
13. The Sweetest Curse
14. Isak
15. The Gnashing
---
16. The Line Between
17. Jake Leg

Awesome show, I'll post a full review and some pics (including merch pics) tomorrow. Really great performance. The set was the same as Baltimore minus Yellow Theme and Bullhead's Psalm but since both are about a minute and a half each it's really not even noticeable. They went on at 9:15 and went off at 10:55.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post

Awesome show, I'll post a full review and some pics (including merch pics) tomorrow. Really great performance. The set was the same as Baltimore minus Yellow Theme and Bullhead's Psalm but since both are about a minute and a half each it's really not even noticeable. They went on at 9:15 and went off at 10:55.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Bastard.

I originally went to this show just because it was local, I enjoy going to shows, and I have Yellow & Green and dig it. I didnít know a ton about Baroness and I had heard Blue Record but I didnít own it or anything. I got to the show right after Inter Arma had finished playing and checked out the merch. They have two different posters (although I think one of the posters is only sold on certain dates and then gets switched out for a different artists work), a tour shirt, about 4 or 5 other shirts, and all their albums on CD and vinyl. They had every edition of the Yellow & Green CD along with different editions of their albums on vinyl. The most expensive vinyls were $50 I believe. The CDs were $10, the tour shirt was $25, and they also had a 7 inch of A Horse Called Golgotha for $5. I got the 7 inch and a tour shirt. I walked right up to the front and got a spot to the left of John Baizley. The venue was pretty nice; it was just a restaurant though. But it was new and the stage was actually decent sized. There was a pretty solid crowd there considering Virginia Beach is not a real big music town, especially for Baronessís type of music.

The guys came out and tuned their instruments and fiddled with a few things and started their set at 9:15. I was very impressed right away, they had a lot of energy and they seemed to be really into it and having a great time. I thought almost all of the Yellow & Green material sounded really good live. Green Theme, Take My Bones Away, Board Up the House, and Eula were especially cool. I guess Little Things was just ok. The Blue Record stuff was really heavy. Swollen & Halo was probably the best song of the night and the rest of those tracks were great for headbanging. Isak was really heavy with really cool guitar work. Thatís one thing that stood out to me all night, just how good of players all the guys were but especially the guitarists. The sound was clearly mixed and it was loud as hell, I was glad to have earplugs. Having The Line Between as an encore was sorta weird and it probably would have worked better in the main set. John spoke at length about how happy he was to be touring again and how thankful he was for the support, it was really cool. He also mentioned how much he loves to play in Harrisonburg, Virginia which I thought was cool because I went to undergrad right next door to there.

The show was definitely better than I expected and I had a great time. I would go see them if they come to your town.

I tried uploading pictures last night but it was taking forever. Iíll try again in a bit.
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Yup, sounds great. Definitely would like to see pics of the merch etc to get an estimate on how much money to bring.

They sound great
Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 PM

Pics including merch pics:

http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/Ir...?sort=3&page=1
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Thanks for posting.

The tour shirt will be mine.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
N00B

Thanks so much for posting the pics. I'm having a tough time deciding between the two t-shirts. What was up with the editions of Green and Yellow? I didn't realize there was more than one edition.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 AM

Standard edition, deluxe book edition, and maybe one other if I remember correctly.
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 AM
N00B

Saw the same set in Charleston, SC on Tuesday night-- it was kind of like a hometown show for the band, being fairly close to Savannah. Baizley's parents and young nephew were in attendance, as was the recently departed bass player Mike.

First time seeing them, and definitely not the last. Yellow and Green completely renewed my interest in them with Red and Blue getting increased spins since its release last year.

Their guitar and vocal harmonies come across great in the live setting, and the new rhythm section is tight. I wish I could have swung hitting the Atlanta show last night...

Tags
baroness