Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

The Casualties -- Kansas City, MO -- May 22nd, 2013

So after getting a busy week of getting off from work for a concussion, seeing Bitter End and Take Offense just the day before, and turning 21, I FINALLY got to see The Casualties
These guys have been one of my favorite punk bands since i was 15/16 and after missing them plenty of times, I could not wait for this show.

We got the Record bar(which is tiny) a few minutes into the second band American Discord. Now I've seen punk bands before, but this was the first time I've been to an actual punk show, where the number of people in denim and Mohawks out number the people who aren't . And it was fantastic, a super cool atmosphere and people were even moving around for the locals. American Dischord was pretty good and had a pretty good amount of time to play for a local.

Second band was Violent Affair. I've heard the name before but never heard any of their music before. They were pretty sweet. Again the crowd dug them pretty well and there was a pretty neat little "Fuck Racism" chant where everyone sang along.

Their set included:
Abandoned Youth
Words Can't Describe

After grabbing a Violent Affair shirt and 7inch, we sat down and waited for the Casualties. In no time at all, Jorge hops on stage grabs the bass, and says "I'm bass tonight guys!" everyone else jumped onstage and then boom, they launch right into My Blood, My life, Always Forward. The energy from them was fantastic, and they kept it up all night. The whole crowd turned into a giant pit and everyone was having a good time. By the time they hit unknown solider, they started encouraging people to come up and sing, and boy did they. At one point, someone grabbed one of the other mics and just did the whole song. I think it was Made In NYC. Anyway, the show was fantastic, everyone was having a good time, and there was even a nice wall of death during Riot. Overall a fantastic show, and I cannot wait to see them again!

The Casualties
My Blood, My Life, Always Forward
Tomorrow Belongs To Us
Constant Struggle
Unknown Solider
Life On The Line
Criminal Class
Modern Day Slaves
Punk Rock Love
Brickwall Justice
Fight For Your Life
Resistance
Behind Barbed Wire
Get Off My back
Warriors On The Road
Underground Army
Looking Thru Bloodshot Eyes
Ugly Bastards
Made In NYC
Riot
We Are All We Have

Only complaints was there was nothing from Under Attack and no 40oz Casualty. Still a great set!!

American Dischord: 6/10
Violent Affair: 8/10
The Casualties: 10/10
Old 05-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Ive seen em 4 times and NEVER have they played Underground Army. Thats pretty cool!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Ive seen em 4 times and NEVER have they played Underground Army. Thats pretty cool!
No shit? I feel lucky now!
I really had no idea what to expect from them set wise, but I was pretty satisfied!

Tags
the casualties