Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 05-27-2013, 09:16 PM
N00B

Down -- Augusta, GA -- May 27th, 2013

I'd never seen Down before, and was a big fan of their debut album, NOLA, but my interest in them has waned in the last many years, but given their reputation as a killer live band, I knew I couldn't pass it up. I actually revisited their second and third albums and bought the IV Ep to prep for the show, and have really grown to enjoy it.

1. Eyes of the South
2. Witchtripper
3. Lysergik Funeral Procession
4. Lifer
5. Hail the Leaf
6. Ghost Along the Mississippi
7. Pillars of Eternity
8. Losing All
9. New Orleans is a Dying Whore
10. Temptation's Wings

11. Stone the Crow
12. Bury Me in Smoke (extended, with Kirk singing a bit and members of Mount Caramel and Honky closing out the last few minutes of the song)

While I would obviously have liked a couple more songs, Down's energy totally made up for the semi-short set-- the NOLA-heavy set was also appreciated...

Liked the older-vibe of the clothing worn by the band-- Keenan wore a ZZ Top shirt, Windstein an Accept shirt, and the bassist a Trouble shirt. I believe Anselmo was sporting a Righteous Pigs shirt...

Last edited by zekeyou; 05-27-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Cowboy From Hell

As a big Down fan, who is seeing them tonight in Nashville, the short setlists suck. I agree they are full of energy but so are Maiden & AC/DC yet Angus & Dickinson both run around for at least 3 more songs longer. Glad I caught the fall tour when they played 4 songs from Down IV. They should add in a few more from Over the Under. I'm surprised they didn't play Open Coffins. Looks like you had fun and hopefully I will too in about 15 hrs.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 AM

MDF was the first time I've seen them since the fall 2009 tour and I forgot how good they were live. I'm sure if Phil kept his chatting to minimum they'd have time for at least one more song.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
As a big Down fan, who is seeing them tonight in Nashville, the short setlists suck. Looks like you had fun and hopefully I will too in about 15 hrs.
Are you from the area? Saw them before IV was released in Memphis last May and was 16 songs. You going to Scion Rock Fest this weekend?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorvatin View Post
Are you from the area? Saw them before IV was released in Memphis last May and was 16 songs. You going to Scion Rock Fest this weekend?
I live about 100 miles North of Nashville in KY. I was at the Memphis show too - it was like the 2nd time they played Misfortune Teller. Sadly I won't be making Scion Fest.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I live about 100 miles North of Nashville in KY. I was at the Memphis show too - it was like the 2nd time they played Misfortune Teller. Sadly I won't be making Scion Fest.
That's a bummer about Scion Rock Fest. Anyway, we probably go to a lot of the same shows around. I'm about 30 miles north of memphis. We should hook up at a show somewhere. Going to Maiden?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Cowboy From Hell

I will be at Maiden!!! PM me closer to time and if work allows maybe we can arrange a meet up.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:33 AM
N00B

When we saw em in Raleigh towards the beginning of this short tour Phil sounded great....probably the best out of anytime seeing them or with any band he's been in. At our show they played Open Coffins and it sounded really good live. They also covered a little KISS and Pantera. For the last encore song they jammed Bury Me in Smoke with members of C.O.C.

Tags
down