Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-17-2013, 07:39 PM
with his arms outstretched

Dimmu Borgir -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 22nd, 2007

Dimmu Borgir
Support: Unearth, Devil Driver, Kataklysm
Date: Sunday April 22nd, 2007
Venue: the Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario

I’m not sure what possessed me to go to this concert. I liked Dimmu Borgir enough but wasn’t huge on anything except the Enthrone Darkness Triumphant album. At the time I think I’d only heard that album and Spiritual Black Dimensions, and Progenies of the Great Apocalypse. So I went in knowing very little of the headliners material. I guess it was on a Sunday, it was a concert and I was interested in Unearth and Kataklysm.

Kataklysm came out first to a very small crowd and really impressed me. They played a good brand of catchy death metal that leaned a bit more to the br00tal side of things. I’d just started going back to concerts a few months before this so at the time they were probably the heaviest band I’d ever seen live. I really enjoyed watching their drummer. I can’t find their set but they played the staples Like Angels Weeping (the Dark), As I Slither, Crippled & Broken and a few more.

I’ve never been a fan of Devil Driver. I don’t know what it is but I just can’t listen to them. Maybe it’s the memories of Dez Falafalawhateverthefucka jumping around in eyeliner and a bodysuit ten years earlier in Coal Chamber. Or maybe it’s because their music fucking blows ass?

Devil Driver
1. End of the Line 

2. Hold Back the Day 

3. Nothing's Wrong? 

4. Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

5. The Mountain 

6. I Could Care Less 

7. Clouds Over California 

8. Meet the Wretched

I was very interested in seeing Unearth that night but we were pretty far from the stage. For some reason I have no memory of their performance. I guess it wasn’t too good. I know now that I really like the Great Dividers and Zombie Autopilot so who knows why I forget watching it them. I blame Dez.

Unearth
1. This Glorious Nightmare 

2. The Great Dividers 

3. Endless 

4. Giles 

5. Sanctity of Brothers 

6. This Lying World 

7. Zombie Autopilot 

8. Black Hearts Now Reign

Dimmu Borgir surprised me opening with Progenies of the Great Apocalypse (or as I like to call it; Perogies of the Great Apocalypse). It’s a great opener but also their biggest hit so I thought it would be the closer for sure. After that they played eight songs I’d never heard and didn’t really care for. Some girl took her top off so I spent most of my time paying attention to her. She was hot. I was happy when they said they were going to play something older but Sorgens Kammer – Del II was so boring live. Finally they played something I knew: the Insight and the Catharsis. I didn’t think they would even be playing it and it’s one of the only songs by them I can say I love. ICS Vortex was still in the band at the time too. So that was awesome. But only two songs came after that so it was a little disappointing. The next time I saw a show with Dimmu Borgir headlining I stayed for Enslaved and left. Then found out the set was way better and they screwed up large during one song.

Dimmu Borgir
1. Progenies of the Great Apocalypse 

2. Vredesbyrd 

3. Cataclysm Children 

4. Kings of the Carnival Creation 

5. Sorgens Kammer - Del II 

6. Indoctrination 

7. A Succubus in Rapture 

8. The Serpentine Offering 

9. The Chosen Legacy 

10. The Insight and the Catharsis 

11. Spellbound (By the Devil) 

12. Mourning Palace 

(over the P.A.) The Fallen Arises

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 05-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

I dreamed of seeing Dimmu Borgir all high school long, but I everyone told me they were disappointing and I never had the occasion of verifying this myself.

Also the Kataklysm set must have looked like this:

Like Angels Weeping (The Dark)
Where the Enemy Sleeps...
Crippled & Broken
The Resurrected
Let Them Burn
As I Slither
In Shadows and Dust

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
with his arms outstretched

It's not that they sounded or performed bad. I just don't care for their music as much as I thought I did going into this show.

And that Kataklysm set is probably close but they didn't play that many songs. I think they played five.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 05-19-2013, 10:15 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

I remember this tour, I was a freshman in high school I almost went too, my friend said his mom was gonna pay for my ticket and when I asked my mom if I could go she was like "I don't want you to one of those black metal shows!" So I wasn't able to go. When I asked her later why I couldn't go, she said "oh, I didn't know she was paying for your ticket, you could have went"
Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I remember this tour, I was a freshman in high school I almost went too, my friend said his mom was gonna pay for my ticket and when I asked my mom if I could go she was like "I don't want you to one of those black metal shows!" So I wasn't able to go. When I asked her later why I couldn't go, she said "oh, I didn't know she was paying for your ticket, you could have went"
Is this the one that went to the Beaumont Club? I think it was in KC the day of my high school graduation.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Is this the one that went to the Beaumont Club? I think it was in KC the day of my high school graduation.
Yep, it was (not able to verify your graduation however) but yes it was at Beaumont. I really thought top to bottom it was a really good show.

Tags
devil driver, dimmu borgir, kataklysm, unearth