Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Deftones -- Springfield, MO -- April 29th, 2013

Man am I lame. Years almost half over and this is sadly my first show of the year. Pretty psyched that such a large band as the Deftones would actually play here. Surprisingly enough this was their first time playing in Springfield. Show didn't start out great. Oklahoma City got Periphery last night and we get some shitty local slapdick band. Showed up on their last song (thank god). Thanks to getting there early I still got almost on the rail.

Band was super tight as they have been over last few years. One thing I don't care for is Be Quiet as an opener. But then again I never have cared for that song, just think they could do better for an opener. Crowd was probably best behaved Deftones crowd I've ever ran into. Had some bad experiences before, glad everyone was so cool. Set wasn't mind-blowing but still solid. Chino was quite interactive with crowd. I was near mike and was screaming into it during Around The Fur! I still am bummed Romantic Dreams is being ignored. Wish they'd do more from new album. I honestly didn't think the new songs would go over so well, I was wrong. Poltergeist might have been one of my favorites of the evening. Outside of the new songs I still got to hear a couple songs I'd never heard before (Headup & Bloody Cape). Craziest part of the evening was Around The Fur then Headup, I was getting smashed but it was worth it. Crowd went crazy for Headup. We did get an extra song on the encore from the night before. All around a great night. Should have pics up sometime tomorrow.

Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Around the Fur
Headup
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape
--------------
Root
Engine No. 9
7 Words
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

OKC didn't get Periphery either. The local's last song was also by far their best song, so you didn't miss anything.

Would have liked Leathers or Entombed thrown in there, and where the hell was Passenger? Other than that, loved the show.

Last edited by anomynous; 04-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
OKC didn't get Periphery either. The local's last song was also by far their best song, so you didn't miss anything.

Would have liked Leathers or Entombed thrown in there, and where the hell was Passenger? Other than that, loved the show.
That's what I get for reading setlist.fm I guess.

Tags
deftones