Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Yngwie Malmsteen -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 26th, 2013

This was a great show, but as with most shows I go to, I found it was way too late. Doors were supposed to be at 7:30 (based on the ticket) or 8 (based on the Facebook page), but it was closer to 8:15 or 8:30 by the time we got in there. The guy at the door said it's because Malmsteen had to get his 37 amps on stage

Yngwie's merch was ok. He had a few shirts, but none of them had tour dates, and one of them they only had in huge sizes. There were 5 CDs at $10 each, which is a great deal for him. I think they were: Perpetual Flame (I got this one), Unleash the Fury, High Impact, Angels of Love (?), and there was another one. There were a couple of DVDs available as well.

Martryd was up first. They played some standard thrash. Nothing too great, especially since the sound wasn't very good. The only song I know they played was Succumb.

Up next was Ethan Brosh and Burning Heat. He is a fantastic guitar player. It's pretty straightforward shred, although perhaps less metal than a lot of shred guys are. It was a good warmup for Yngwie, but I found that style didn't go over well.

Yngwie came on around 10:45 and put on a great show. The guy is unbelievably energetic even though he's playing crazy difficult parts. The singing was split between the bassist and keyboard player. The keyboardist did all of the songs of "Odyssey" as well as "I'll See The Light Tonight", and the bassist handled everything else. These songs were the highlight for me (mainly because I didn't know a lot of material outside the first four albums), and the keyboardist was an unbelievable singer. Yngwie should forget hiring someone new and just use this guy (or even the bassist; they're both great). Overall, this was definitely a great show. Yngwie's someone you need to see at least once; partly because he puts on such a great show, and partly because of how talented he is. I had hoped the show would be more based on his non-instrumental stuff, but there were still plenty of great songs played.

I think the set is the same as the previous night's:

1. Rising Force
2. Never Die
3. Spellbound (new song)
4. Overture
5. From A Thousand Cuts (new song)
6. Arpeggios From Hell
7. Crown of Thorns
8. Badinerie
9. Adagio
10. Far Beyond The Sun
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Dreaming
13. Gates of Babylon (Rainbow cover)
14. Into Valhalla
15. Baroque N' Roll
16. Masquerade
17. Trilogy Suite
18. Blue
19. Fugue
20. Drum Solo
21. Heaven Tonight

22. Black Star
23. I'll See The Light Tonight
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
This was a great show, but as with most shows I go to, I found it was way too late. Doors were supposed to be at 7:30 (based on the ticket) or 8 (based on the Facebook page), but it was closer to 8:15 or 8:30 by the time we got in there. The guy at the door said it's because Malmsteen had to get his 37 amps on stage

Yngwie's merch was ok. He had a few shirts, but none of them had tour dates, and one of them they only had in huge sizes. There were 5 CDs at $10 each, which is a great deal for him. I think they were: Perpetual Flame (I got this one), Unleash the Fury, High Impact, Angels of Love (?), and there was another one. There were a couple of DVDs available as well.

Martryd was up first. They played some standard thrash. Nothing too great, especially since the sound wasn't very good. The only song I know they played was Succumb.

Up next was Ethan Brosh and Burning Heat. He is a fantastic guitar player. It's pretty straightforward shred, although perhaps less metal than a lot of shred guys are. It was a good warmup for Yngwie, but I found that style didn't go over well.

Yngwie came on around 10:45 and put on a great show. The guy is unbelievably energetic even though he's playing crazy difficult parts. The singing was split between the bassist and keyboard player. The keyboardist did all of the songs of "Odyssey" as well as "I'll See The Light Tonight", and the bassist handled everything else. These songs were the highlight for me (mainly because I didn't know a lot of material outside the first four albums), and the keyboardist was an unbelievable singer. Yngwie should forget hiring someone new and just use this guy (or even the bassist; they're both great). Overall, this was definitely a great show. Yngwie's someone you need to see at least once; partly because he puts on such a great show, and partly because of how talented he is. I had hoped the show would be more based on his non-instrumental stuff, but there were still plenty of great songs played.

I think the set is the same as the previous night's:

1. Rising Force
2. Never Die
3. Spellbound (new song)
4. Overture
5. From A Thousand Cuts (new song)
6. Arpeggios From Hell
7. Crown of Thorns
8. Badinerie
9. Adagio
10. Far Beyond The Sun
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Dreaming
13. Gates of Babylon (Rainbow cover)
14. Into Valhalla
15. Baroque N' Roll
16. Masquerade
17. Trilogy Suite
18. Blue
19. Fugue
20. Drum Solo
21. Heaven Tonight

22. Black Star
23. I'll See The Light Tonight
I would go see Yngwie, but more stuff from the Odyssey NEEDS to be added in order for me to want to buy a ticket.

Tags
yngwie malmsteen