War Inside My Head
Subliminal
Who's Afraid?
Send Me Your Money
??? didn't recognize it
Possessed to Skate
Slam City
Cyco Style
How Will I laugh Tomorrow...If I Can't Even Smile Today?
--------
Pledge Your Allegiance

Sold out show tonight at what has to be the worst venue in Salt Lake City, the basement stage of In the Venue. It has a listed capacity of 480 but it seemed like a lot more than that. Terrible view and sound from the bar so I had to pass up drinking for this show. I arrived my typical one hour late and was extremely worried when a three person band came out and started playing a few Suicdal songs interspersed with songs I didn't recognize. The singer kind of looked like Mike, the songs didn't sound good and I was wondering just what the hell had happened to Suicidal Tendencies and thinking I was about to witness the worst show of my life. I was extremely relieved when the singer said after about half an hour Goodnight everybody, Suicidal is up next. I was glad this wasn't the real show but what kind of opening band covers 3 of the main act's songs?

Fortunately the real ST (or the current 5 piece version of it anyway) came out and did not disappoint. Everyone was very engergetic and Mike was his typical manic self roaming back and forth across the stage. It was interesting to hear the older punk songs like War Inside My Head extended and funkified, which was the case with a few older songs. I think more groups should try stuff like this instead of just playing the songs note for note like on the album or maybe a little faster.

I am not crazy about the new album 13 and being an old man, I would have much preferred to hear more older stuff. Would have liked to hear anything off of the Controlled By Hatred EP too. Another negative on the night is I think Mike rambles way too much in between songs, he could shut the hell up and play another song or two. But the most glaring negative on the evening was no I Saw Your Mommy. WTF Mike that is like THE Suicidal song from back in the day.

Overall it was a decent show but I don't think I would see them again.
11-21 Judas Priest
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Fuck you.

I wonder if it was intentional to play 13 songs on April 13th in support of their new album 13.

According to setlist.fm, they did 6 more songs on the previous night.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Headbanger

Yeah the setlist.fm set looks much better. Last time I saw ST they only played an hour which sucked. Cut the rants down to 5 min total and play more shit. Last time he ranted for 15 min easily and it's not like you can understand any of it...
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
...being an old man, I would have much preferred to hear more older stuff...I don't think I would see them again.
Me, too. And I'm starting to re-think whether I want to bother with the Atlanta date. Considering the only time I've seen them was on the Join the Army tour, I don't know if I want to sully the memory of that show.
10/28 Priest
11/22 Slayer
Old 04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Last time he ranted for 15 min easily and it's not like you can understand any of it...
Well said, there was probably 15 min of ranting at this show if I added it up. Despite being only 13 songs, this set was a little over an hour and a half but definitely lost a little steam at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zla Vydra View Post
Me, too. And I'm starting to re-think whether I want to bother with the Atlanta date. Considering the only time I've seen them was on the Join the Army tour, I don't know if I want to sully the memory of that show.
Damn I'm jealous! I would probably not see this if you saw that tour, did he rant as much back then?
11-21 Judas Priest
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
N00B

Quote:
Damn I'm jealous! I would probably not see this if you saw that tour, did he rant as much back then?
I don't recall any ranting at all at that show, just a lot of thrashing. The upcoming Atlanta show does have DRI opening, so we have that going for us.
10/28 Priest
11/22 Slayer
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

What about Havok?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

I would still have fun seeing this set, but they could play a couple more songs. The sets on setlist.fm do look really cool though!
8/17 Jungbluth
8/23 Tercer Mundo/Muerte
9/27 GBH
Old 04-29-2013, 12:12 PM
N00B

You Can't Bring Me Down
Institutionalized
I Shot the Devil
War Inside My Head
Subliminal
Send Me Your Money

...were the first 6 songs in Atlanta. It went downhill IMO a bit from there, but I'm glad I went. DRI was the highlight for me, though. Their sound hasn't changed at all in 25 years, while ST "funkified" Subliminal. Make of that what you will.
10/28 Priest
11/22 Slayer
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 AM
RockersDigest Reviewer

Quote:
I arrived my typical one hour late and was extremely worried when a three person band came out and started playing a few Suicdal songs interspersed with songs I didn't recognize. The singer kind of looked like Mike, the songs didn't sound good and I was wondering just what the hell had happened to Suicidal Tendencies and thinking I was about to witness the worst show of my life. I was extremely relieved when the singer said after about half an hour Goodnight everybody, Suicidal is up next. I was glad this wasn't the real show but what kind of opening band covers 3 of the main act's songs?
That would be Waking The Dead, ex-Suicidal Tendencies' Mike Clark's new band that was meant to retain his original band's name No Mercy but couldn't. Below gives background...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=186983
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Mercy_(metal_band)

I'm assuming the 3 Suicidal songs, were actually No Mercy songs that Suicidal re-recorded on Controlled By Hatred / Feel Like S**t...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widespr..._Love_Runs_Red

Tags
suicidal tendencies