Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #341  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,976
No bias there at all
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM
sfhui sfhui is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 187
For just music, I love Maiden more than Priest. When it comes to concert, I def enjoy Priest more, they look just tight and have everything u would expect from a traditional metal band. But Maiden has better stage productions and stuff, more energy, what they bring is more like an ultimate concert experience.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
I mean I don't wanna be that guy but...

Judas Priest has some killer songs and they're one of my favorite bands and they destroyed when I saw them, but Maiden blew them away in every aspect of the live show. And not just because "ooh, lookit Maiden using animatronic puppets and props and fire" but in the performance too. I also think Bruce is a better live vocalist nowadays than Rob.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 AM
NickLed19's Avatar
NickLed19 NickLed19 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I mean I don't wanna be that guy but...

Judas Priest has some killer songs and they're one of my favorite bands and they destroyed when I saw them, but Maiden blew them away in every aspect of the live show. And not just because "ooh, lookit Maiden using animatronic puppets and props and fire" but in the performance too. I also think Bruce is a better live vocalist nowadays than Rob.
Thank you.
__________________
Boston
Nothing More?
Journey
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,326
Yeah, I mean I love Priest but Rob is a real drain on their live show nowadays in my opinion. He sounds really rough on a lot of the recent live recordings I've heard, plus he just sort of stares at the ground for half the set. Although I haven't gotten to see Priest live since 2009 so I dunno.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
If I had to nitpick just one issue with Maiden, I thought they slowed down some of their songs, especially Wasted Years. But they kicked straight into Phantom of the Opera and The Trooper and everything, so they've still got it!
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
he just sort of stares at the ground for half the set.
He uses a teleprompter also. I love Priest but I tell it like it is. As far as my experiences Maiden has much better stage presence and stage show. Priest is always tighter and never had the sound be off like when I saw Maiden a few times.
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
If I had to nitpick just one issue with Maiden, I thought they slowed down some of their songs, especially Wasted Years. But they kicked straight into Phantom of the Opera and The Trooper and everything, so they've still got it!
they did slowed some songs but that's because they thought they were playing them too fast not because they can't play them like in the 80's. That's part of the reason Adrian left back then as he said on the Maiden England documentary. Also Bruce would be able to sing these songs as fast a before for a whole tour.


and seriously I saw Priest twice in '86 et '88 and and even back then they were not even close to the mighty Maiden, but yeah that's just me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,724
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
they did slowed some songs but that's because they thought they were playing them too fast not because they can't play them like in the 80's. That's part of the reason Adrian left back then as he said on the Maiden England documentary. Also Bruce would be able to sing these songs as fast a before for a whole tour.


and seriously I saw Priest twice in '86 et '88 and and even back then they were not even close to the mighty Maiden, but yeah that's just me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Yeah, as soon as they went into The Trooper and Aces High and stuff, I knew they could play the fast songs just fine.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
Also Bruce would be able to sing these songs as fast a before for a whole tour.

I meant wouldn't

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008