Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute) -- Bloomington, IN -- March 29th, 2013

No you are not reacting to the acid I slipped in your Mike's Hard Lemonade, Zoso finally came back to Bloomington. And after tonight...I'm not sure they'll come back again. The crowd wasn't horrible, they reacted to all the songs the college kids are "down" with. But they were bad enough to the point where they dropped the last two songs they were supposed to play, which were Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love. Even though I found that out by peeking afterwards. I knew for a fact they were supposed to play Whole Lotta Love, as they tested the "effects" for it before going on (anyone who's ever watched/heard live versions of this song know what I'm talking about). But they didn't. Not to mention the gaps between songs were kind of dead and awkward, a group of girls started singing happy birthday to one of their friends in between a song break.

That being said....

ROCK & ROLL
GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES
ACHILLES LAST STAND
HEARTBREAKER
IMMIGRANT SONG
BLACK DOG
OVER THE HILLS & FAR AWAY
SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU
THAT'S THE WAY
GOING TO CALIFORNIA
HEY HEY WHAT CAN I DO
THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME
MOBY DICK
================
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love were also supposed to be played, but they weren't. Kind of a bummer. The "encore" break was also kind of stupid, especially since the first time couple of times I saw them they didn't even do an encore (though they also didn't do Stairway To Heaven the first couple of times either). They also played a lot of the songs suspiciously slow. Sort of took away a bit of the punch.

That said, this is by no means a bad set. Yea I'm sick of Over The Hills and Far Away but HOLY SHIT does Achilles, Good Times Bad Times and Hey Hey What Can I do make up for it. If this is the last time I see these guys (which very well may be a possibility due to how "casual" the crowd was in addition to other possible reasons), well, at least I got Achilles Last Stand.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Great review! It sucks that the crowd wasn't that into them, this sounds like it would have been a bit better if they had been. On the subject of Led Zeppelin tributes, I'd definitely recommend Led Zeppelin 2 if you get the chance to see them live (they usually tour around the beginning of the year). You won't regret it.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Old 03-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

The thing is, the only reason I saw these guys was because they were the only Zeppelin tribute that came into Bloomington.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 AM
N00B

I saw Led Zep 2 a few weeks ago at the HOB in LA. It was a little weird seeing them all dressed up like the real thing (this was kind of my first time seeing a bigger cover band of this nature), but they were very good. Only real complaint was the drummer hit a bit hard, more like a metal drummer and less like Bonham's looser style. very minor complaint, he was still tight overall. Good setlist, covered hits and deep cuts. Their performance of Stairway was really intense. The crowd loved it and gave them their biggest reaction for it. The crowd was pretty trashy and old. Buncha tourists too who I think were just looking for something to do in LA on a saturday night. They got REALLY into the show, which was sad to me bc this isnt the real band, so just calm down. Def. check them out though as it seems we'll never get to see the real thing again.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 AM
N00B

that is...unless Robert Plant really was hinting at a reunion next year in that Australian interview.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26

Tags
zoso