Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 AM
One who onions things

Anthrax -- San Francisco, CA -- March 28th, 2013

The clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks. The bands and the PR folks all thought that doors were at 5:30 and showtime at 6. The venue thought it was doors at 7, showtime at 8. It ended up being doors at 7, showtime at 7. Yes you read that right, Holy Grail started playing literally as people were being allowed in. Municipal Waste's tour manager was completely MIA, and the Exodus guys were too busy chilling with friends in the city to be bothered with already scheduled interviews. Because of the confusion with the doors, I completely missed Holy Grail's set, and because of my interview with Holy Grail I completely missed High on Fire as well. Again, the clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks.

I got to see a lot of friends at the show, it was nice to catch up with a lot of folks I hadn't seen in months. I also said what up to TonyD before the show, it was good to see you dude! I also said hey to slapguitarer as he and his friends drove by, but I didn't end up finding him inside. I spent most of the night trying to figure out all the previously mentioned interview bullshit. Sorry I missed you this time slap! I also ran into Ted Aguilar from Death Angel over at Tommy's Joynt before the show. It was really nice to talk to Ted again, even though we only chatted for like 20 minutes months and months ago he still remembered me and we talked as if no time had passed. Easily one of the nicest, most down to Earth people I've ever met, musician or not.

Waste were fun as always, nothing new or unusual here. They may have had a song or two cut, they were definitely strapped for time.

1. Intro
2. Unleash the Bastards
3. The Thrashin' of the Christ
4. Sadistic Magician
5. You're Cut Off
6. Authority Complex
7. Beer Pressure
8. Thrashing's My Business (And Business is Good)
9. Headbanger Face Rip
10. Mind Eraser
11. The Art of Partying

Exodus fucked the place up. Rick Hunolt was hanging out backstage and was airguitaring for the whole set. He later joined the band for Strike of the Beast and spazzed like a kid with ADD that's downed two cans of Red Bull when he was onstage. Lots of fun, and the band were as tight as ever. Lee Altus is an amazing guitarist, but no one can fuck with the H-Team when it comes to thrash tag-teams.

1. The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
2. A Lesson in Violence
3. War is My Shepherd
4. Piranha
5. Blacklist
6. Bonded by Blood
7. The Toxic Waltz
8. Strike of the Beast (with Rick Hunolt)
9. Good Riddance

Anthrax were great as well. Joey is sounding better than ever. Charlie Benante was completely missing at this show, instead Jon Dette was here. Jon did a surprisingly kickass job subbing for Charlie, although hearing "CHARLIE BEAT THE BEATS THE BEATS YOU BEAT" was weird without Charlie actually being there. Kirk Hammett also came out for TNT, which was fun. Anthrax have cut a lot of bullshit time wasting from the last headlining tour, this time the set felt much tighter and faster paced. The show overall was excellent, but I was too miffed from the crap that happened throughout the night to be able to fully enjoy it.

1. Among the Living
2. Caught in a Mosh
3. I Am the Law
4. NFL (Efilnikufesin)
5. Skeletons in the Closet
6. In the End
7. TNT (with Kirk Hammett)
8. March of the SOD
9. I'm Alive
10. Indians
11. One World
12. ADI/Horror of It All
13. Imitation of Life
Encore
14. I'm the Man
15. Antisocial
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 03-29-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Buahahahahaha

It's cool dude. I didn't make much an effort to look for people after the show I was dying of thirst so we booked to the car and got some life juice in our systems.

High on Fire was great as usual, but set got cut it was
Rumors of War
Frost Hammer
Madness of an Architect
Snakes for the Divine

Kinda bummed they cut Fertile Green.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

wtf Charlie's gone again

Tags