Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Stone Temple Pilots -- Ledyard, CT -- October 31st, 2014
Amon Amarth -- St. Louis, MO -- October 29th, 2014
Marilyn Manson -- Santa Ana, CA -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- San Francisco, CA -- October 30th, 2014
Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014

  #61  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
All MCR fans should be put down like rabid dogs.
Maybe you think that. But in the process you're also putting down fans of your own kind. I love Iron Maiden and Slayer and I'm sure I'm not the only MCR fan that really enjoys those bands. Your viewpoint is flawed, in my opinion.
  #62  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Mass murderers are a group of people. Saying they should be locked away in prison for life must be the same as saying all Jews should be locked away in concentration camps, yes?
So you're saying all MCR fans or fans of whatever band you don't like should be locked up and treated horribly like Jews were in WWII. Because that's sort of what your expressing with your analogy.
  #63  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
You compared being a fan of a band to being a member of a certain race of people. One is a choice, the other is not. If you choose to buy shitty records and go to awful concerts with the rest of the mouth-breathers, that's your choice. If you were born with black skin or white skin, that's not your choice, is it? Then again, if you were born an idiot with bad taste in music, I guess that's not your choice either. Sorry, I was wrong.
There's a operation to change that!


GET BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH!
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
  #64  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
So you're saying all MCR fans or fans of whatever band you don't like should be locked up and treated horribly like Jews were in WWII. Because that's sort of what your expressing with your analogy.
Troll confirmed.


Well done, sir.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
  #65  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I'm not talking about what kind of music you like, I totally agree with you liking a band or not is a choice. It's putting down a fanbase who are just a group of people, as putting African-Americans, Native Americans, etc... they are groups of people. If you don't like a band so what, but once you start saying they should have never existed that's where I see an issue.
I hate Insane Clown Posse fans.

I hate Asians.

I dunno, one kind of seems a little bit worse, no?
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
  #66  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Troll confirmed.


Well done, sir.
Assface

Anyhow, let's get back on topic, I don't want to piss off the moderators here
  #67  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,088
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Maybe you think that. But in the process you're also putting down fans of your own kind. I love Iron Maiden and Slayer and I'm sure I'm not the only MCR fan that really enjoys those bands. Your viewpoint is flawed, in my opinion.
no, they should all be put down.
__________________
11/01 - Carcass
11/02 - Four Year Strong
11/09 - Veara
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
  #68  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I hate Insane Clown Posse fans.

I hate Asians.

I dunno, one kind of seems a little bit worse, no?
Okay, one of my friends is an Insane Clown Posse fan. I can't stand them, but he has Tourette's and he's a really nice guy. Of course a lot of Insane Clown Posse fans do stupid things, but you could say the same about Pantera, a band I dig. I mean the guy who murdered Dimebag was a fan. But putting down an entire fanbase is just screwed up in my opinion.
  #69  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
^ Summary: that's an egotistic arrogant point of view.
You were the one who said it.
  #70  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,088
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Okay, one of my friends is an Insane Clown Posse fan. I can't stand them, but he has Tourette's and he's a really nice guy. Of course a lot of Insane Clown Posse fans do stupid things, but you could say the same about Pantera, a band I dig. I mean the guy who murdered Dimebag was a fan. But putting down an entire fanbase is just screwed up in my opinion.
You're really not getting this, are you
__________________
11/01 - Carcass
11/02 - Four Year Strong
11/09 - Veara
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008