Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
not a N00B

MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Ok then
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
Back before I saw them live, I considered them the best (or least-worst) out of the MTV pop-punk-ish trio that was them, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. But now I'm thinking that maybe it was FOB all along who was the best.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 03-24-2013, 01:04 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:

RIP to a cool band.
I am definitely too cool to like them.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
N00B

Quote:

RIP to a cool band.
Agreed. I never got to see MCR live, so I'm extremely bummed.

I understand the idea of not liking a band, personal preference, etc...I got it. But I guess online music websites are the "homes of disrespecting fans of other bands". Because you say "I'm glad (fill in a defunct band's name) are finally done", you're not only disrespecting the band you don't care for, you're also disrespecting their fan base and some fans of that band may have more in common in you than you think or know.

I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.
That's fucking stupid.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
That's fucking stupid.
That's your opinion, I have mine.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Quote:

Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
That's your opinion, I have mine.
Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?
See, it's that attitude and that kind of sarcasm that causes discrimination in the world! And I like sarcasm as much as the next guy, if it's funny and in context. But I'm strong enough to say I still respect your opinion, I have to or then I'm going to start thinking I'm better than you, which is wrong. Point made, good day to you sir.
Closed Thread