Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

  #41  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Statutory-Mike's Avatar
Statutory-Mike Statutory-Mike is offline
not a N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 242
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/cryptodira
cryptodira.bandcamp.com
  #42  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,997
Ok then
  #43  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,837
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
Back before I saw them live, I considered them the best (or least-worst) out of the MTV pop-punk-ish trio that was them, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. But now I'm thinking that maybe it was FOB all along who was the best.
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
  #44  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:04 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
I am definitely too cool to like them.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
  #45  
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
MCR was actually a really cool band. Half of these guys/gals saying they sucked have probably seen a handful of the videos that were on MTV years back and were/are way too cool to like them and that sucks. I always heard a ton of Queen influence but they still maintained an extremely original sound. They put out music 100x more interesting/cooler than almost every popular artist that's blowing up today the way they did back in the day.

RIP to a cool band.
Agreed. I never got to see MCR live, so I'm extremely bummed.

I understand the idea of not liking a band, personal preference, etc...I got it. But I guess online music websites are the "homes of disrespecting fans of other bands". Because you say "I'm glad (fill in a defunct band's name) are finally done", you're not only disrespecting the band you don't care for, you're also disrespecting their fan base and some fans of that band may have more in common in you than you think or know.

I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.
__________________
Rise Against (9/11)
Bastille (10/18)
Pearl Jam (10/20)
  #46  
Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.
That's fucking stupid.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
  #47  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
That's fucking stupid.
That's your opinion, I have mine.
__________________
Rise Against (9/11)
Bastille (10/18)
Pearl Jam (10/20)
  #48  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post

I don't like AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, One Direction, and so on and so forth, but I wouldn't wish those musicians never existed because that's putting down their fanbases, which is putting down different groups of people because you think you're cooler than them. It's no different than racism really. Anyhow, that's my rant of the day. Peace.
  #49  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
That's your opinion, I have mine.
Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
  #50  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Really, though. If you like My Chemical Romance you're a fucking retard! Oh fuck, was that a hate crime?
See, it's that attitude and that kind of sarcasm that causes discrimination in the world! And I like sarcasm as much as the next guy, if it's funny and in context. But I'm strong enough to say I still respect your opinion, I have to or then I'm going to start thinking I'm better than you, which is wrong. Point made, good day to you sir.
__________________
Rise Against (9/11)
Bastille (10/18)
Pearl Jam (10/20)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008