Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-17-2005, 05:35 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Iron Maiden -- Quebec City, Quebec -- July 16th, 2004

Venue: COLISÉE PEPSI

PowerMaiden here, still alive in my QC hotel room, they completely kicked our asses last night, for 20 years of Maiden concerts, I admit it, there is nothing like a Maiden show in Québec city. And last night was the best !!!

They played with a fury that I rarely seen, they were on fire !!!! Dave completely smashes his guitar during Iron Maiden, I mean with anger like never seen before. WOW !!!

Full setlist, so I creamed my pants during WED, but even Wrathchild and Sanctuary were fucking great, so imagine the rest, songs like Murders, Another Life, fucking Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Phantom, Revelations, I mean non stop classics all night long, the crowd, again was NUTS, FUCKING SCREAM FOR ME QUÉBEC CITY !!!!

But the icing on the cake is that I met 'ARRY before the show !!!!!!! I get to talk to him for 2 minutes, I was nervous as hell, I showed him my tattoo , he enjoyed it, and I took pictures, and remember telling him, ''we're gonna make you proud tonight'', I thanked him for his time, (he came all the way from the other side of the street right to my table) so he answered ''No problem Mate !!'' , can you believe it, Steve Harris said to me NO PROBLEM MATE !!! My best friend's wife even kissed him on the cheek, hahaha I have a pic of this kiss, I also shook hands with Adrian and Jannick after the show but not pics of these 2.

As soon as I have a chance I'll post my pics of me and Steve !!! In the mean time, someone please post me a link where I can upload pics and you guys can see them, when I arrive home, I 'll try to post them.

so for the record setlist was:

Intro tape ( The Ides Of March)
1. Murders In The Rue Morgue
2. Another Life
3. Prowler
4. The Trooper
5. Remember Tomorrow
6. Where Fucking Eagles Dare
7. Run To The Hills
8. Revelations
9. Wrathchild
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Phantom Of The Opera
12. The Number Of The Beast
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden

15. Running Free
16. Drifter
17. Sanctuary

ps: I didn't get to see you TP, hopefully in Toronto, but Frank came to my seat just before Maiden, And I asked him about you, but I had no time to get to your seat cause we were just a few minutes away from Maiden.

Enought for now...

More later....

from Québec city...
Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden

Last edited by es156; 04-17-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Moved the venue info from the thread title.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Jedi Master

I'm glad things worked out in such a great way. I hope Tim made it ok.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:52 PM
N00B

I'm back home, thanks.

I've been up for 41 hours.

My review:

More later...

Nap time.

P.S. I'm sorry I missed you Fred.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I'm back home, thanks.

I've been up for 41 hours.

My review:

More later...

Nap time.

P.S. I'm sorry I missed you Fred.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:14 PM
N00B

I am fucking THRILLED for you PowerMaiden

At least Maiden still give a shit about one North American country
Old 07-17-2005, 04:25 PM

There you go guys, after 22 years of Maiden addiction, I finally get to meet the man

I'm the small one , the big guy is my best friend Mark, who's been addicted as long as me:

http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008372az.jpg

I can now die in peace...

Glad you enjoyed the gig TP, I have to go now, I'll do a review latter when I have time,

best gig ever !!!!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden
Old 07-18-2005, 08:58 AM
tattoogirl

Great picture !!!

Soooooooooooo, lucky to have met Steve.

Glad both you and TP had a great time.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:48 PM
N00B

I'm too tired/lazy to write a full review.

The band was awesome as usual.

The crowd was way better than most American ones.

I'm thrilled we got the full set list.

I missed the lights, some backdrops, pryo.

Quebec City is very cool place.

Great weekend.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden
There you go guys, after 22 years of Maiden addiction, I finally get to meet the man

I'm the small one , the big guy is my best friend Mark, who's been addicted as long as me:

http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008372az.jpg

I can now die in peace...

Glad you enjoyed the gig TP, I have to go now, I'll do a review latter when I have time,

best gig ever !!!!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden
HOLY FUCKING DOG SHIT!!! OUTSTANDING!!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:57 PM

Well, well, well….

Where do I start !! I feel like Nicko and his diary…

A bit late but here it is…

Ok, last Saturday was a very special day for me, it was my very expected 15 th Iron Maiden concert in career. I was going with my friend Marc (who saw most of the Maiden shows with me) and our 2 wives. So we left Montreal at 9h15 in the morning and we arrived at the Dauphin Hotel in Québec city a little before noon, there was already of bunch of IMBB Québecers partying in the parking lot, drinking beer and blasting Maiden !!! So I tought WOW, this is going to be a very cool day !! So we checked in and had our first beer of the day. The Québecers thread boys were going to eat at a chinnesse buffet nearby so as me and my friends didn’t feel like chinesse we headed to the famous ‘’Grande Allée’’ street in the old Québec and believe me guys, I had never regretted that decision.

Time was around 1 :30 pm. As we wanted to be at the meet up at the Colisée a 6 pm. We thought, let’s have a little bite before going for a bigger meal around 4 pm. So we sat down at this little terrasse and ordered a light meal and beer number 2 & 3 . As we were wearing our special ‘’Where Beavers Dare’’ custum made t shirts (there was only 30 of them) a guy came to our table and told us ‘’ The bassit from Iron Maiden is comming on the other side of the street’’. I go ‘’Get out dude’’, he said ‘’ No man, it’s true !!’’. So i turned around and BANG !!!! I saw Steve walking with a young girl (some people have told me it was one of his daughter but I can’t confirm this) and another guy ( the black shirt on the pic). So I jumped of my seat pretty damn fast and I runned to him. I told him I was a big fan, I showed him my NOTB tattoo, and I asked him for a picture. He gently came up to near my table and we took 4 pictures. I told him thank you very much , and he went ‘’ No Problem Mate !!!’’ and I shook his hand telling him ‘’We’re Gonna Make You Proud Tonight !!’’’ ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I told him that. Maybe I have said other things to him, but I was so fucking nervous , I don’t remember. I was litterally shaking when I was with him. Damn I was cool !!

So after, he continued his walk, I learned after that he went a few pubs furter away for an ice cream. So no need to say I was in shock. I sat down with my friend and our wives and the guy who had come to warned us came and said ‘’ You’ve just missed Bruce by 20 minutes’’. I thanked him and offered him a beer. And I told my gang ‘’Keep you’re eyes open’’ cause the hotel where they stay is just a few feet away. Not even 10 minutes after, my wife said ‘’Hey !! It’s Adrian !!’’ he was just 5 feet way from my table on the street walking pretty fast. I went ‘’Adrian, can I please take a picture’’ and H said ‘’I’ll be back latter’’ . So I didn’t wanted to bother him too much , also I was still on a high after me meeting Arry. I said Ok… And he left. The whole thing with Adrian maybe lasted 20 seconds. I wasn’t mad but a bit dissapointed.

So we finnished our beers and decided to go for a walk. We did that and after an hour, it was now near 4 o’clock so we went to another restaurant for beer number 4 and 5 , and we had dinner and lots of fun talking about the 2 Maiden boys we saw and the upcomming night of music, We left the restaurant at around quarter to six to the colisée, there was a big IMBB Québécers thread meet up that I didn’t wanted to miss. So between 6 and 8 pm we chatted with the whole IMBB Québec gang, had beer number 6,7,8,9 and 10 if I can remember the exact count , but I wasn’t that drunk cause it was 10 beers but since noon and I had eated. We had a blast, talking to everybody in the Québecers thread. We all had our t shirts and everybody asked us ‘’Where can I buy one of these’’ we could have sold hundreds of them. We took full of cool pics : http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread...ht=powermaiden

and wished everybody a great gig.

I entered the Colisée during Mastodon set. And after pissville, and the merchandissing counter (I bought a girlie ‘’Killers’’ shirt for my wife, a ‘’Killers’’ baseball cap for my son and the tour program for me. Luckily for me ( I really was my day !!) the guy didn’t charge me the 30 $ bucks for the program, he forgot it hehehe. So after piss and t-shirts it was a last stop at the beer counter. I bought number 11, 12, 13 and 14 , 4 beers for and hour and a half of Maiden should do me OK. We went to our seats and Mastodon were already on stage since a while, and to be honest I didn’t pay that much attention to them. They sounded OK, their drummer definately delivered but that’s it. I saw another of my old buddy who came to my seat and we saluted each other. And soon after Mastodon were off.

We were waiting for Maiden…

Lights went down and ‘’The Ides Of March’’ was spreaded throught the P.A….the crowd went immediately nuts and nobody sat down for the next hour and fourty minutes…

From where I was, the sound was fucking loud, as it’s pretty much always the case at the colisée since it’s so small, but Bruce’s voice was a bit low in the mix for the first half of the show…

So, Murders, Another Life, Prowler went very fast, all great and the crowd was really into them, I really enjoyed ‘’Another Life’’, what a song !!! but it’s when ‘’The Trooper’’ came that the fucking place went upside down. Even my friend Marc at 300 pounds was jumping like I never saw him before. Then ‘’Remember Tomorrow’’ one of my girlfriend’s best, was finnaly played at a Maiden concert I was to…Really great song and the band played it really well. And then my most expected song of the concert, even of the past 15 years !!! ‘’Where Eagles Dare’’ !!! AMAZING !!!, as perfect as on the album, I admit it, I banged my head too much, I missed them with my eyes but had too much fun !!! It was the very first time I heard WED live in front of me, and it’s always been my second favourite song after Hallowed. Then ‘’Run To The Hills’’, always a knockout live if you’re asking me. The Beautifull ‘’Revelations’’ with 22 thousands fists between the riffs, even ‘’Wrathchild’’ was really enjoyable, the band was really really tight and they played really aggressivelly the whole set. After ‘’Die With Your Boots On’’ if I remember correctly, we gave them a 2-3 minutes standing O, only in Québec city & Montreal you will experience things like that, Bruce sat on a monitor and enjoyed the big amount of love we gave them. Then ‘’ Phantom’’ a first in concert for my wife (it’s her all time favourite Maiden song) was really amazing, the ‘’Keep Your Distance… part was freaking mindblowing . NOTB (with the big devilish figure at the right of Nicko and ‘’Hallowed Be Thy Name’’ always fucking great, I never get bored of hearing Hallowed, hope they’ll never dropped this one from their sets. During ‘’Iron Maiden’’ it was the big Eddie The Head , it was the first album one, with the wall of the first album as a backdrops, but they’ve missed air to blow it properlly, it was funny, he was all crooked hhehe. And at the end Davey was in a maniacal fury, he smashed and left his guitar on stage. It’s Bruce that came back to get it.

The encore were great , Running Free was it’s highlight, the crowd loved it and sang loudly and then the show was over.

My top 5 songs of the night :

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. Phantom Of The Opera
4. Running Free
5. Revelations

After waiting more than an hour for a cab, we went back to grande Allée, and as soon as we got out of the cab, we arrived face to face with Adrian !! Again !!! But my camera was broken and my friend’s one was out of battery, and to be quite honest , Adrian was again in a hurry it seems, but I talked to him for about 30 seconds again, I thanked him for the great gig and shook his hand. And a few blocks further my girlfriend said ‘’It’s Jannick !!!’’ So we went to talk to him and shit, but no pics again for the same reasons, but we stayed with Jan for a good 2-3 minutes, even my wife talked to him a bit this time. He seemed like a great guy !! When we told him that both our camera’s were out he seem to have found it funny !!! I didn’t even thought of an autograph in my tour program. Anyway really cool to finnally meet these guys, too bad I didn’t see Bruce !!

After that, we went to have nachos and cola , enought beers for us at that point ! And then back to the Hotel…

What a day !!!

So EDDIE, See you in Toronto for the next Rip Up !!!!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden

Tags
iron maiden