Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
They're playing one, single venue like this. So fucking what?
One? He just gave you two examples. (And there are more.)

This clarification just further illustrates his last point, which I would say applies broadly to other places out there as well...
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Two. Minimum. Haven't looked at their full itinerary. You defending them is so, so funny to me though that I can't stop trolling. I wish I felt bad.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

This is the way things are. Yes, it's sad that it's come to this, but there's nothing we can do about it. Here is something of interest. QR's record label Century Media said that the new album is getting more than double of the amount of pre-orders that they expected to see. So, let's see how things go with that and what happens when they tour to support the album.

Something else that I find a bit interesting. At a concert with tatertot's QR, an audience member was filming with their cellphone. here is how he handled it. Watch it at about 10:20 And here is how he reacted to the incident.

Now, here is how Todd of the real QR reacts to a fan filming with a cellphone.

Also, check this out!!! Now that is what I call true fan dedication! Unlike tatertot, the real QR actually has very good respect for their fans!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Can you please explain to me the point of his post and the point of bringing up those particular venues that QR is playing?
Only to illustrate how blinkered you are, but if you need it explaining, it really explains itself.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "real" Queensryche in a venue less than half the size of the ones they used to regularly fill. That's if I don't decide to go see Onslaught instead.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Only to illustrate how blinkered you are, but if you need it explaining, it really explains itself.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "real" Queensryche in a venue less than half the size of the ones they used to regularly fill. That's if I don't decide to go see Onslaught instead.
Like I said, this is the way things are. Same with Scorpions. They play clubs that hold 4,000 or less when they tour now and look at how popular they were in the 80's. I saw them in 2008 at a club and they were super amazing! Just because QR aren't as popular as they used to be and play clubs, it doesn't mean that people shouldn't see them in concert if they want to. They're still very capable of putting on a great show.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM
One who onions things

Quote:

If you take Queensryche over fucking Onslaught, Exumer and Mpire of Evil you are a moron to end all morons.

QR with Todd are awesome live, but Onslaught played one of the most brutal thrash sets I have ever seen, and Mpire of Evil are outstanding live. Exumer is like crack-laced icing on the cake.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Did Scorpions ever play more than clubs and the odd theatre in the US though? They're not playing smaller venues in Europe than they used to. Nothing's changed beyond the natural erosion of all rock and metal audiences since the '80s when it was basically pop music with distortion.

But actually, what's the use in actually making points? You're only going to miss them. It seems to be your "thing".

I wonder if we're all being too subtle and don't realise it?

Manks! Make a blunt point, see if it sticks.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
If you take Queensryche over fucking Onslaught, Exumer and Mpire of Evil you are a moron to end all morons.

QR with Todd are awesome live, but Onslaught played one of the most brutal thrash sets I have ever seen, and Mpire of Evil are outstanding live. Exumer is like crack-laced icing on the cake.
So you see my point then. My only decision point is that I've already seen Onslaught, and I haven't yet seen 'ryche with Todd. Especially as it remains to be seen whether M:pire of Evil and Exumer are actually playing the show.

Apparently that whole bill, plus Master, are going to get done between doors at 7pm and curfew at 10:30 pm...? I just don't see it. And no official confirmation of the support bands has been issued.

In truth, of all the bands mentioned, I care most about seeing M:pire of Evil.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
So you see my point then. My only decision point is that I've already seen Onslaught, and I haven't yet seen 'ryche with Todd. Especially as it remains to be seen whether M:pire of Evil and Exumer are actually playing the show.

Apparently that whole bill, plus Master, are going to get done between doors at 7pm and curfew at 10:30 pm...? I just don't see it. And no official confirmation of the support bands has been issued.

In truth, of all the bands mentioned, I care most about seeing M:pire of Evil.
Jeez, I totally forgot about Master. That's just a silly level of amazing for one bill to handle. I'm sure the 10:30 thing isn't going to change, the curfew's there to accommodate people reliant on the Metro right? I guess your only hope would be if they opened doors earlier.

I've seen Onslaught and Mpire of Evil as well and I'd still quite easily choose Onslaught over Queensryche when it comes to live acts. Onslaught is on just a whole other level of live heavy metal, as are Mpire of Evil. Seriously, Demolition Man screaming "COUNTESSSS BAAATHORAAAAY" right in my face as Mantas was being a badass two feet away was unforgettable.

Given your set times situation, I can see why QR may seem like the better option. If Onslaught get their full 80-90 minutes, I'd vote for them.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-14-2013, 05:48 PM

Ya, I'm probably missing the point you're actually trying to make. Maybe you are being too subtle. But does it really matter since things are they way they are and probably won't change? I'm not going to change how I think either. Just because QR is playing in smaller venues, it doesn't mean I shouldn't be excited to see them in concert. In a way though, I still am interested in exactly what point you're trying to get across.