Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
This whole split is hilarious because both parties suck.
At least Todd still has a voice worth listening to.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM
N00B

I actually saw Geoff solo back in Oct(he played a bar near me) and his voice sounded great, and that was with a setlist around 26 songs
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Geoff has a pretty great voice, even if he is a terrible and egotistic person who is bad at making good music on his own.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

After all the BS tatertot put the band through, the official REAL QR wins for me. He didn't allow the main band members to hardly write songs on the last 3 albums and brought in outside writers. He spit on his band members and threatened them with a knife in Brazil. He's been very unprofessional in how he's handled the situation since QR fired him. Look at this for example: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=183681 Also, look at this: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=176587 Also, go here and have a look around: http://www.anybodylistening.net/brea...php?board=13.0 How anyone can support tatertot after reading all that is beyond me. Also, I love that Glen Drover said FU to tatertot and is playing with QR!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
I actually saw Geoff solo back in Oct(he played a bar near me) and his voice sounded great, and that was with a setlist around 26 songs
If his voice is so great, let's hear him sing Queen Of The Reich and actually hit the notes like Todd is doing now. Much of his setlist consists of songs where he doesn't need to hit a lot of high notes which makes him sound good.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
One who onions things

Uh fonz, Geoff never pulled a knife on anyone. He spat on Scott, and he decked and shoved Michael. The documents posted in the Breakdown Room support that. And careful about that forum dude, it's an amazing source of QR info and their mods are very fair and cool, but there is an overwhelming majority of folks there that talk about Geoff like he's the bubonic plague and worship Todd like he's the messiah. Things are never that black and white.

Geoff comes off as a narcissistic ass that is desperately trying to look brutal and tough for the metal kids, but dude actually can sing okay these days for the most part in my opinion. And he's been very nice to the folks I know that have met him. I know he was very gracious to Andrew Metalhead a while back, and he was nothing but cool to Craig Locicero from what he has said on Facebook. If you've ever had a roommate that wasn't family, you know your relationship with them was different than than it would be with others. Now imagine that with four dudes splitting a tour bus for thirty years straight. I honestly expect the Tate-ryche album to be pretty good, Craig said the songs were great and dude knows his heavy rock. And if you know Craig, you know he isn't one to just say random crap, he's a very earnest guy. Yes the album cover is lame and childish, but I really am looking forward to it.

As for the real QR album (and yes, I consider the Todd version the real one), what I heard really doesn't sound like what QR would sound in 2013 had they continued in a similar direction from Empire or Mindcrime. Todd is destroying live, but I'm not super sure he can write vocal melodies as strong as the ones Geoff came up back in the '80s. I think the new record will be enjoyable power metal, but I really don't think it'll sound like classic QR at all. I would love to have my socks knocked off though, this would be the comeback to end all comebacks if this album's a great one.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Well, I still stand by my opinions on how I feel about Todd vs. tatertot and agree with what the majority of the members say at that forum.

That's good to hear that tatertot was actually nice to the people he met. He must have been feeling good on his wine or something.

I'm hearing plenty of classic QR sound in the new songs so far as well as a different, heavier sound. For me, it's sounding like their best stuff since Empire and could possibly end up being their best stuff since Mindcrime. As far as tatertot's fakeryche, based on Dedicated To Chaos and Kings and Thieves, I'm not expecting anything too special from FU. Only time will tell I guess.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM
N00B

The only thing I can say about Geoff is that last year he took a paycut so a venue here wouldn't cancel the show, and put on a great(and lengthy) set

That's really all I care about, go out and give the people a good time
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM

It's such a great time hearing Kelly Grey trying to play the solo in Jet City Woman.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
It's such a great time hearing Kelly Grey trying to play the solo in Jet City Woman.
Actually they had another guitarist play it, and very well
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn