AC/DC -- Prague, Czech Republic -- May 22nd, 2016
Mitochondrion -- Brooklyn, NY -- May 21st, 2016
Alice Cooper -- Rama, Ontario -- May 21st, 2016
Lamb of God -- Toronto, Ontario -- May 19th, 2016

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 AM
N00B

mastodon421's Fuckboy-Approved 2015 Year-End List Extravaganza

It's the moment that 2 or 3 have you been waiting for....... My annual orgy of lists full of my favorite albums, performances and songs by non-cool kid metal acts and other artists that no one on here gives two shits about!!!!! I'm going to post my best live performances list in a few minutes and I plan on starting my top 20 album countdown tomorrow. GET STOKED MOTHERFUCKERS.
8/25 Black Sabbath

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-05-2016, 08:26 AM
N00B

10 Best live performances

10.Archspire (10/3, Great Scott, Allston, MA):
In a genre full of acts that can't match the inhuman speeds of their studio material in a live setting, Archspire is the gold standard. These beautiful Vancouver-bred cyborgs play their spastic brand of progressive/technical death metal with awe-inspiring precision and unrivaled intensity, making their live shows a slice of extreme metal bliss.

9.Action Bronson (4/27, House of Blues, Boston, MA):
While his goofy, abstract persona may lead people to believe otherwise, Action Bronson is one of the most gifted rappers in the game right now and his damn near perfect performance at the House of Blues in April further confirmed that notion. With his relentless energy, joyous stage presence and flawless line delivery, Bronson has cemented himself as an elite live hip-hop act.

8.Behemoth (2/27, House of Blues, Boston, MA):
There was a time not too long ago where I thought I'd never get the opportunity to see Behemoth perform again. Vocalist/guitarist Adam "Nergal" Darski's brush with death (he was diagnosed with stage 3 leukemia in August 2010 and received a life-saving bone marrow transplant in December 2010) has revitalized the band and made them even more of a sinister powerhouse than they were prior to his bout with cancer. Armed with a setlist driven by material from their spectacular 2014 comeback record The Satanist, Behemoth put on a gloomy, triumphant performance that served as a firm reminder to the audience as to why they are one of the greatest extreme metal acts of all-time.

7.The Weeknd (11/12, DCU Center, Worcester, MA):
The talent and appeal of the breakout pop star of 2015 becomes even more evident when you see him perform in person. The Weeknd's clever experimentation with the musical arrangements of his material paired with the sheer power of his vocals makes his live show a true wonder to behold.

6.Slipknot (8/4, Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA):
Slipknot has never been one of my favorite bands, but they are by far one of the most consistent and impressive live bands I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Their live show is a raucous, circus-like spectacle that demands to be see by anyone who has even a passing interest in heavy music.

5.Incubus (8/7, Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA):
I went to this show exclusively to see Deftones and stuck around for Incubus just for nostalgia's stake. This proved to be a fantastic decision as Incubus put on one hell of a live show. Brandon Boyd's fantastic vocals made even the most forgettable songs in their catalog ("Love Hurts", "Here in My Room") breathtaking and the setlist had far more pre-Light Grenades material than I expected. Kudos to Incubus for putting on arguably the most surprisingly outstanding live performance I've ever witnessed.

4.Lana Del Rey (6/9, Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA):
Between her infamous Saturday Night Live meltdown in 2012 and the overwhelmingly negative reviews I had read from people that had seen her over the past few years, I was incredibly nervous to see Lana Del Rey live. Those fears vanished the minute her vocals came in on set opener "Cruel World". Del Rey's voice is distinctly beautiful live and her low-key stage presence made the 20,000 capacity venue she was performing in feel like an intimate setting.

3.Revocation (4/5, Middle East Upstairs, Cambridge, MA):
I saw Revocation three times in 2015 and while they were excellent on all three occasions, this headlining show at the Middle East Upstairs on Easter Sunday was the clear standout. The combination of seeing them perform in a under 200 capacity venue and an absolutely sensational setlist featuring a handful of songs I'd never seen them perform before made Revocation's technically-dazzling, intense live show even more satisfying than usual.

2.Fallujah (2/21, Brighton Music Hall, Allston, MA):
Fallujah has been one of my favorite bands for about three years now, but this marked the first time I saw them where their live show was in line with the quality of their albums. Their comfort level with performing has finally caught up with their immense talent and made their live show as epic, nuanced and crushingly beautiful as their masterful studio material.

1.The Dillinger Escape Plan (6/18, Royale, Boston, MA):
I've seen hundreds of bands over the years and no one has even come close to matching the tornado of unadulterated chaos The Dillinger Escape Plan produces every time they take the stage. While The Dillinger Escape Plan never fails to create havoc when they take the stage, this show was particularly special because they dedicated an extensive part of the set to playing rare material from their 2004 breakout record Miss Machine. It was surreal to see them play so many songs that I never dreamed I'd see live in the same set and the presence of these rarities paired with Dillinger's trademark off-the-walls energy made this is the most memorable performance of 2015.

Honorable Mentions: Machine Head (1/31, Brighton Music Hall, Allston, MA), Parkway Drive (11/15, House of Blues, Boston, MA), August Burns Red (7/14, Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA), Lamb of God (8/4, Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA), Danny Brown (9/19, Tsongas Center at Umass Lowell, Lowell, MA), Converge (4/10, Royale, Boston, MA), At the Gates (4/10, Royale, Boston, MA), Every Time I Die (11/28, The Palladium, Worcester, MA), A$AP Rocky (9/19, Tsongas Center at Umass Lowell, Lowell, MA), Mutoid Man (6/18, Royale, Boston, MA)
8/25 Black Sabbath

Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM
N00B

The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey, Incubus,ASAP Rocky, Action Bronson, Danny Brown.

Go to Coechella!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:31 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey, Incubus,ASAP Rocky, Action Bronson, Danny Brown.

Go to Coechella!
Thanks asshole
8/25 Black Sabbath

Old 01-06-2016, 11:11 AM
N00B

Great list!

Also, I looked up dat Dillinger set you got in Boston. Niiice. Super jealous that you got to see so many Miss Machine tunes. My first two D.E.P. experiences were when they were touring that album and both got ruined. Gigantour '05 in West Virginia, their bus broke down and they couldn't make it. AND A.F.I. in Portsmouth VA in '06 and we hit mad traffic and missed them .
Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinPeace1113 View Post
we hit mad traffic and missed them .
dat musta been a wicked pissah
12/30 Clutch
Old 01-06-2016, 03:31 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
dat musta been a wicked pissah
I have a mildly sad confession to make: Despite the fact that my hometown is 20 minutes north of Boston, I have no fucking clue how to properly use "wicked pissah".
8/25 Black Sabbath

Old 01-06-2016, 05:35 PM
N00B

Before I start my countdown, here are the 5 albums that just missed the top 20:
Alustrium-A Tunnel to Eden
Clutch-Psyhic Warfare
Cult Leader-Lightless Walk
Lamb of God: VII: Sturm und Drang
Sylosis-Dormant Heart
8/25 Black Sabbath

Old 01-06-2016, 05:53 PM
N00B

20.Counterparts-Tragedy Will Find Us
With genre torchbearers Rotting Out disbanding in March and fellow heavy hitters Terror, Turnstile and Defeater all releasing their worst albums to-date, 2015 seemed poised to be the year where hardcore officially died. Thankfully, Canada's Counterparts came along and gave hardcore the rejuvenation it desperately needed with their triumphant fourth LP Tragedy Will Find Us. Tragedy Will Find Us mixes the passion and energy that made me fall in love with the genre nearly a decade ago with the type of poignant lyrical content and emotional vocals you seldom see in the faux-macho-driven modern hardcore scene. Tragedy Will Find Us deserves to be mentioned alongside Defeater's Travels and Modern Life is War's Witness in the greatest melodic hardcore albums of all-time conversation.
Standout Tracks
1.Burn
2.Resonate
3.Choke
8/25 Black Sabbath

Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Turnstile - Worst album ever.

Nigga please.