Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Dying Fetus -- Burlington, VT -- February 18th, 2013

Dying Fetus
Feb 18, 2013
@ Nectar's (Metal Monday #90)
Burlington, VT

What a great show. As someone already mentioned, Vektor was great. Not a huge fan of their vocals, but they absolutely shred. I couldn't believe how much the crowd loved them. They were going absolutely fucking nuts. Burlington has started "Metal Monday", and it appears to be going well. Apparently even when it's just locals, turnouts are good. The place was packed for Dying Fetus, probably close to sold out. I'd say the place holds around 200. Couldn't believe how many people from the pretentious hippie capital on America came out to see a brutal death metal band on a Monday night. And wow, the crowd was nuts! Nonstop pit action, it absolutely put the Montreal and Albany Dying Fetus crowds to shame. Do you hear that Montreal area and the Capital District? That's right, Vermonter's were more crazy than you. You should be ashamed. I had full permission to film, but the bass drum made my tripod shake like hell, so I had to go handheld. Even though I had my own little roped-off area, moshers kept blasting into me. Dropped my camera once and almost shit my pants. Thought for sure the thing broke, but it fired right back up. Unfortunately it was during 'In The Trenches' and 'Judgment Day', which sucked, as it was the first time I had seen either of those songs live. The band's performance was tight as hell. This was my 6th time seeing those old dudes, and they've yet to perform anything under awesome. They simply don't make mistakes on their instruments or on the mics. Was a little disappointed their set was only about 45 minutes, but it was an extra show at the end of their tour w/ Hatebreed, so I'll take it. Vids are attached, I may upload another 1 or 2 later. Great first show of the year!!

1) Your Treachery Will Die With You
2) Homicidal Retribution
3) From Womb To Waste
4) Praise The Lord (Opium of the Masses)
5) In the Trenches
6) Judgment Day
7) Schematics
8) Procreate The Malformed
9) Justifiable Homicide
10)Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

I am truely ashamed.

I agree with you, that's WAY too short for a headline, but Dying Fetus shows are really straining. They're probably my favourite band to lose my shit to. They get adrenaline flowing like few other bands.

Also, "Judgement Day" and "Procreate the Malformed" are pretty surprising (and fucking awesome!) cuts, and I'm glad that they're playing "In the Trenches". It's my second favourite track off the new record. Can't wait for them to headline here someday...

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 03-01-2013, 09:38 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidFlame View Post
Also, "Judgement Day" and "Procreate the Malformed" are pretty surprising (and fucking awesome!) cuts, and I'm glad that they're playing "In the Trenches". It's my second favourite track off the new record. Can't wait for them to headline here someday...
Haha, good!!

Yeah, I was pleased ot see both of them. They're certainly due for a Montreal headline. Been since 2010.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

The starting of the Metal Mondays happened 92 weeks ago. Due to the fact that they start the show at 9-10pm on Monday nights I am frequently unable to go.

I will sum it up like this; When you have such few metal shows in your area and you get a great show everyone comes out and loses their minds!! People here are rabid for metal!! That is also why I frequent Montreal.

The large local club, Higher Ground, doesn't support much metal. I am hoping that Nectar's/Club Metronome will pick up the slack!

Next month we get 3IOB and Goatwhore! That is going to be awesome!!

Tags
dying fetus