Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Deceased -- Chicago, IL -- February 16th, 2013

I meant to just point out the awesome things that happened at this show, but it kinda just ended up turning into a full review, so I just figured I'd post it here instead of General Chat. I don't have full set lists for any bands, but I figured I had enough to say about this show.

First off, there was free food (Mac and cheese and chicken wings) and free beer (something called Zombie Dust) until it ran out. The first band, Dia Morte, was horrible, but absolutely hilarious. They had a guy come out and do like some magic tricks, like making a sphere float around this piece of cloth and it was just fuckin' cheesy as all hell. Next, they had their keyboardist like playing with some scimitars and dancing with them and balancing them on her head. All this was going on while the band played some shitty, gothic Type O Negative ripoff.

Next band, The Everscathed, was pretty unspectacular except for their cover of Kreator's Bringer of Torture. The next band, Hell Awaits, a Slayer cover band, really got the crowd moving. Their set was pretty much entirely off of Show No Mercy, Haunting the Chapel and Hell Awaits and it was fucking awesome. I went nuts when they played The Antichrist.

Set list: (Partial and out of order)

Hell Awaits
The Antichrist
Die by the Sword
Kill Again
Necrophiliac
Captor of Sin
Metal Storm/Face the Slayer
At Dawn They Sleep
Chemical Warfare

Disinter played next and it was their guitarist's birthday (the show was essentially a birthday party for him). I think it may also have been a reunion show for them, but I'm not sure. Disinter were pretty good, but didn't get much of a crowd reaction. They did a pretty sweet cover of Blinded by Fear by At the Gates though.

Deceased came on and they were absolutely amazing. King Fowley is an awesome frontman. His banter was pretty hilarious. In reference to '90s Slayer, "Yeah, they wrote Dittohead and then became friends with Alice in Chains or some shit." There was also a huge cake there by the food and during Deceased someone was just standing by the pit with a huge plate of cake. I look up at the stage and then back at the pit to see that basically a cake explosion happened in the pit. My friend, who I'm pretty sure was the one that spilled the cake, just started picking up the pieces of frosting and cake and rubbing them all over his face and continued moshing. Everyone was slipping on frosting the rest of the night. Anyway, Deceased is fucking awesome. Go see them live if you ever get the chance.

Set list (partial and out of order):

Fading Survival
A Witness to Suspiria
A Familiar Stranger
The Triangle
The Premonition
The Silent Creature
Tormentor (Kreator cover)
Black Metal (Venom cover) - Kind of, they played the song, but the mic ended up in the crowd during most of it and they didn't play the entire thing.

Sorry for the long winded review and incomplete set lists. And thanks, Dan (GarageMetal) for the beer, dude!
12/13 Acheron ?
12/17 Cannabis Corpse ?
12/19 Wretched ?
12/26 Macabre ?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Žķestru

Great review! Deceased is one of my favorite bands, and King is a super cool dude. Glad to hear he didn't skimp on his trademark opinionated rants. One small complaint about the setlist though: I wish they'd ditch at least one of the covers and play more original songs. I know Deceased always plays covers at shows, but two are a bit unnecessary. Still holding out hope that they'll one day break out 'The Kept', but word from King is that it won't happen. That complaint aside, all Deceased is good Deceased!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
...the dead are among us!

Deceased puts on a fun show. The cake-splosion sounds oddly fitting for a Deceased pit.

I wish I could've seen 'em when King still played drums live. But maybe it's better that he's out in front.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Found some pictures of that magic band :

And some of Deceased:

And one right after the cake-splosion :

12/13 Acheron ?
12/17 Cannabis Corpse ?
12/19 Wretched ?
12/26 Macabre ?

Tags
deceased, hell awaits