Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
brotuhl

Meshuggah -- New York, NY -- February 15th, 2013

It's always a good time seeing Meshuggah, even if I didn't sleep the night before and Jens was still sick and half of the songs were cut from the set. I'm glad we got these first 11 songs with Kidman on vocals. It would have gotten very old very quickly without him.

Swarm
Do Not Look Down
Behind The Sun
The Hurt That Finds You First
I Am Colossus
Mind's Mirror
In Life - Is Life
In Life - Is Death
Shed
Bleed
Break Those Bones

New Millennium Cyanide Christ - Sacha of Intronaut on Vox
Dancers To A Discordant System - Instrumental

Intronaut were cool. This was only my second time seeing them. I picked up Prehistoricisms and Valley of Smoke. That was actually the only merch I got this whole show. Meshuggah was selling mostly the same things they had on the last tour, aside from the vinyl pressing of the Scion A/V track they did. And I've already got an Animals as Leaders shirt, didn't need another.

Both opening acts played the same sets as the other dates.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 AM

Solid show. Intronaut were great although Animals as Leaders got a little repetitive imo.

Meshuggah were Meshuggah. I was hoping for Jens to sing as they posted nothing on Facebook during the day and we got him for most of the set. NMCC and Dancers I had seen before so it was no big deal to not hear him sing them. NMCC has to be one of the heaviest songs live.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM
N00B

Cant complain about the performances of the bands, but I was up front at the right of the stage and seemed to be surrounded by some of the most obnoxious and inconsiderate people I've ever had the misfortune to be around at a show.

I typed out descriptions of particular behaviors and incidents, but decided to delete. Not important. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this type of show. I shall retreat to the safe haven of black metal bands playing smaller venues

Caught a stick from Tomas, bought a hoodie ($50,) which was different from the one they were selling last April. It has KOLOSS across the front, MESHUGGAH down the sleeve, blank back, and art on the hood.

They also had a tour shirt, a couple glow in the dark shirts, a girly shirt, and a few other plainish designs, all $25. Wristband $10, Koloss vinyl $25, poster $10, athletic shorts $20... that's all i can remember right now.

All in all it was a subpar night from my point of view just due to my placement in the crowd, but the bands sounded great and it was awesome to see the return of Jens, post-flu. Also, I am not one to get star struck in the presence of celebrities and the like, but I definitely had that feeling when Tosin Abasi came out before his set to tune and fiddle with his rig. Very amusing listening to the comments about his choice of attire... he seems to be a very fashionable guy haha
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
but I was up front at the right of the stage and seemed to be surrounded by some of the most obnoxious and inconsiderate people I've ever had the misfortune to be around at a show.

I typed out descriptions of particular behaviors and incidents, but decided to delete. Not important. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this type of show. I shall retreat to the safe haven of black metal bands playing smaller venues
Funny that you should say this. Waiting in line to the show I was next to two obnoxious younger people (maybe 19 or 20?) that were annoying the fuck out of me and then later on I was one back on the rail for Intronaut and was next to another obnoxious group of 19 year olds. Definitely not the same crowd at the Worcester Meshuggah show last May.

Tags
animals as leaders, intronaut, meshuggah