Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014

  #291  
Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
LOL
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
23.Look What The Cat Dragged In - Poison


Year Of Release: 1986

Tracklist:
1.Cry Tough
2.I Want Action
3.I Won't Forget You
4.Play Dirty
5.Look What The Cat Dragged In
6.Talk Dirty To Me
7.Want Some, Need Some
8.Blame It On You
9.#1 Bad Boy
10.Let Me Go To The Show

Genre: Glam Metal

"Don't judge a book by its cover".Never has the saying had as much meaning as it does on this album.Honestly, why did they have to go THAT much glam? I can never really look at the album it's so horrid.They managed to clean up and actually look like guys on the next few records fortunately, and as I said before, "Don't judge a book by its cover".If you look passed the ugly cover art, and actually listen to the music (I know that's a lot to ask), you will be surprised that most of the music can be considered Heavy Metal with 50's rock 'n' roll influences, and is also very melodic and fun.How can you listen to the title-track and say this is not metal? C.C. DeVille is one of the best glam metal guitarist around, and Rikki Rocket's bass is also very good and is a really underrated bass player.Bobby Dall is one great drummer as well, and Bret Michaels (though most people would think otherwise) IMO is one of glam metal's greatest singers.Standouts include underrated ballad "I Won't Forget You", and 50's rock n' roll influenced "Let Me Go To The Show", and the heavy metal classic title-track.Most people will probably just shout out insults at me, but what's that going to gain?

Standout Track:
"Look What The Cat Dragged In" http://grooveshark.com/s/Look+What+T...n/4EkEZi?src=5
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
22.Live...In The Raw - W.A.S.P.


Year Of Release: 1987

Tracklist:
1.Inside The Electric Circus
2.I Don't Need No Doctor
3.L.O.V.E. Machine
4.Wild Child
5.9.5.-N.A.S.T.Y.
6.Sleeping (In The Fire)
7.The Manimal
8.I Wanna Be Somebody
9.Harder Faster
10.Blind In Texas
11.Scream Until You Like It

Genre: Heavy Metal/Shock Rock

Even though KISS's Alive is an extremely great live album, Live...In The Raw has to take the top spot for me.The shear energy on this album is just unbelievable, and the musicians (Chris and Blackie especially) are all at the top of their game.10 outstanding live tracks, and to top it all off they throw in the previously unrecorded "Scream Until You Like It", which is easily one of the best W.A.S.P. songs IMO.There's really nothing much more to say about it, just seriously check it out if you haven't already.Highlights include the excellent cover of "I Don't Need No Doctor", the album exclusive "Harder Faster", and the great metal anthem "Wild Child".

Standout Track:
"Wild Child" http://grooveshark.com/s/04+Wild+Child/2upA1O?src=5
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
21.Gutter Ballet - Savatage


Year Of Release: 1989

Tracklist:
1.Of Rage And War
2.Gutter Ballet
3.Temptation Revelation
4.When The Crowds Are Gone
5.Silk And Steel
6.She's In Love
7.Hounds
8.The Unholy
9.Mentally Yours
10.Summer's Rain
11.Thorazine Shuffle

Genre: Symphonic Metal/Progressive Metal

Savatage are one of my all time favorite heavy metal bands, and second favorite progressive metal band.Picking a favorite Savatage record is by no means easy, considering all their releases are extremely good (save for "Fight For The Rock").I know some people will get mad because Streets isn't on this list, but to me Gutter Ballet is the best Savatage album and Streets was a continuation of sorts to this.Jon Oliva (lead vocals, piano), Criss Oliva (guitars), Steve Wacholz(drums), Johnny Middleton (bass), and Chris Caffery (guitars, keyboards) are all at their absolute best on this album.The standouts are the highly underrated "She's In Love", epic title-track, and my all time favorite Savatage song, the ballad "When The Crowds Are Gone" (awesome guitar solo here).A true musical masterpiece.

Standout Track:
"When The Crowds Are Gone" http://grooveshark.com/s/When+The+Cr...e/2GfLB7?src=5
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
theclansman1114's Avatar
theclansman1114 theclansman1114 is offline
I'M BACK
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beer
Posts: 455
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
21.Gutter Ballet - Savatage


Year Of Release: 1989

Tracklist:
1.Of Rage And War
2.Gutter Ballet
3.Temptation Revelation
4.When The Crowds Are Gone
5.Silk And Steel
6.She's In Love
7.Hounds
8.The Unholy
9.Mentally Yours
10.Summer's Rain
11.Thorazine Shuffle

Genre: Symphonic Metal/Progressive Metal

Savatage are one of my all time favorite heavy metal bands, and second favorite progressive metal band.Picking a favorite Savatage record is by no means easy, considering all their releases are extremely good (save for "Fight For The Rock").I know some people will get mad because Streets isn't on this list, but to me Gutter Ballet is the best Savatage album and Streets was a continuation of sorts to this.Jon Oliva (lead vocals, piano), Criss Oliva (guitars), Steve Wacholz(drums), Johnny Middleton (bass), and Chris Caffery (guitars, keyboards) are all at their absolute best on this album.The standouts are the highly underrated "She's In Love", epic title-track, and my all time favorite Savatage song, the ballad "When The Crowds Are Gone" (awesome guitar solo here).A true musical masterpiece.

Standout Track:
"When The Crowds Are Gone" http://grooveshark.com/s/When+The+Cr...e/2GfLB7?src=5
So many awesome guitar solos and amazing guitar work all around. Summers Rain is vastly underrated as well. Great album! I hope you have Streets in here yet....
__________________
Hey, you scratched my anchor!
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclansman1114 View Post
So many awesome guitar solos and amazing guitar work all around. Summers Rain is vastly underrated as well. Great album! I hope you have Streets in here yet....
I actually meant to add something about Summers Rain, because I to think it's underrated.And, I might as well go ahead and tell you, unless things change, Streets won't make the list.I will definitely give it one more listen though before I make my mind, so don't give up hope just yet.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
theclansman1114's Avatar
theclansman1114 theclansman1114 is offline
I'M BACK
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beer
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I actually meant to add something about Summers Rain, because I to think it's underrated.And, I might as well go ahead and tell you, unless things change, Streets won't make the list.I will definitely give it one more listen though before I make my mind, so don't give up hope just yet.
Spoiler alert: Streets is in my top 100...
__________________
Hey, you scratched my anchor!
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclansman1114 View Post
Spoiler alert: Streets is in my top 100...
I figured as much, will you post you top 100 eventually?
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,329
I've never liked Savatage but that's a great song.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
21.Gutter Ballet - Savatage
YES!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
http://nucleus.bandcamp.com/album/the-colony
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008