Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

R.I.P. Mars Volta

Frontman Cedric Bixler-Zavala has left The Mars Volta, effectively putting an end to the band. Bixler-Zavala announced his departure in a lengthy statement posted on Twitter, writing, “I can’t sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta.”

Bixler-Zavala specifically expressed frustration toward bandmate Omar Rodríguez-López for not wanting to tour behind their latest album, Noctourniquet, adding, “What am I suppose to do be some progressive house wife that’s cool with watching their partner go fuck other bands?” He also mentioned a desire to reunite with former bandmates Jon Theodore and Ikey Owens, but concluded, “sadly it’s over.”

Formed from the ashes of At the Drive-In in 2001, The Mars Volta released six albums, starting with their renowned 2003 debut, De-Loused in the Comatorium. Their revolving door lineup led to collaborations with Flea and John Frusciante, among others, and in 2009 the band won the Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance.

Here’s Bixler-Zavala’s full statement:

Thank u 2 all VOLTA fans u deserved more especially after the way u rooted for us on this album. I tried my hardest to keep it going… But Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead. I can’t sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta… I honestly thank all of you for buying our records and coming to our shows. You guys were a blast to play in front of. We could never had done it with out you. My dream was to get us to the point were Jon Theodore and Ikey Owens came back but sadly it’s over. Thank u a million times over for ever giving a fuck about our band.

For the record I tried my hardest to get a full scale North American tour going for Noctourniquet but Omar did not want to. All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that mars volta ever happened at all. God Damn we had a blast. Thank u again. I just feel really guilty for not even really saying the truth because a hiatus is just an insult to the fans. To all our fans all over the world thank you for giving a fuck. You all ruled! I don’t think ill ever hear a fist full of dollars the same. My record will see the light of day soon and I’m excited because it sounds nothing like my previous endeavors. And no I’m not joking about any of this, I owe it 2 u guys to all fans to be serious about this.

Thank u to all past members who helped Volta along as well. we blasted through like a comet and left our mark! If u ever see me in person and want to know why I’ll tell u my story. Please just be happy that it happened at all remember all the opposition we were met with for just starting a new band back in 2001.

And for the record I’m still in love with [At the Drive-In]. Proof was in MY performance. I would never get on stage if my heart was else where. I have cancelled shows before for knowing full well that my heart was not in it at that moment. Why? Because its an insult to the audience.

2 be clear I’m not angry I just wanted to be honest with the people who have allowed me to make a living playing music. What am I suppose to do be some progressive house wife that’s cool with watching their partner go fuck other bands? We owe it 2 fans to tour.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...he-mars-volta/

:flame :
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Blame Omar
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM
...the dead are among us!

I could see what me meant about ATDI. When I saw them last year Omar looked like he couldn't give less of a shit. I know his mom had recently died, but his younger brothers in Zechs Marquis tore up the opening slot that night and were full of energy. I suppose it was just a matter of time before Cedric and Omar imploded.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Now John Alderete can reform The Scream

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
I could see what me meant about ATDI. When I saw them last year Omar looked like he couldn't give less of a shit. I know his mom had recently died, but his younger brothers in Zechs Marquis tore up the opening slot that night and were full of energy. I suppose it was just a matter of time before Cedric and Omar imploded.
There's a band out there called Zechs Marquise that isn't made up of weaboos and/or crazy Japanese people? That's actually pretty awesome.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
There's a band out there called Zechs Marquise that isn't made up of weaboos and/or crazy Japanese people? That's actually pretty awesome.
They're pretty good but they sound just like this band from the 80's called Char Aznable.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
N00B

Good riddance. Fucking terrible band.
9/20 Centro-matic
9/21 Valient Thorr
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Sucks they broke up. Even though their last 2 records sucked imo, They were a great fucking band. I can't say I'm surprised at this news though, Cedric and Omar both seem like giant douches.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I really enjoyed their first album but they lost me on the second one. Too much psychodelic wankery. I don't really like music from the 60's/70's that's like that, so I definetely don't like music from the 2000's that like that. I never heard anything after that. I usually don't care too much about the personalities in bands but reading interviews with Cedric and Omar, they both come across as douches.

That said, still enjoy the first album but won't miss the band.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Finally.