Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Hank III to release two new albums soon.

Quote:
:: May 03, 2013 :::
The master tapes for the two upcoming releases have been sent to the distribution company, Megaforce Records.

A "Country" release, will be entitled, "Brothers Of The 4x4". The second, is what Hank describes as a Hellbilly/Punk styled release will be named, "A Fiendish Threat". As it stands now, "Brothers Of The 4X4" will contain 16 tracks, and "A Fiendish Threat" will hold 13 tracks. No release date, or tour dates supporting the two releases have been set.
I'm so stoked that we FINALLY get a Hellbilly album!!! I can't wait to hear it and see him again. It will be good to get some more Hellbilly set on his tour.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Neither of these can be worse than the total crock of shit that made up the two of the discs the other year when he released four albums on one day...

And as fucking shit as they all were, neither of them were as bad as the one official Assjack album.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest

Last edited by ravenheart; 05-05-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

yeah, that last set of albums could have been WAY better if he got rid of that damn sound effect machine. As for the Assjack album, I don't listen to it too much mainly cause of the effects. I really like those songs from Bootleg 3, but not the official album.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
N00B

I love III's country albums. All of them are great IMO, even the first two that he tries to distance himself from.

I respect how hard he works and the effort he puts into the metal/other stuff, but I gotta be honest, his non-country stuff fucking blows. To each their own, I guess, but I've tried and tried to get into Assjack and can't do it. The Hellbilly stuff I could take or leave and I have no idea what the hell was going on with Cattle Callin'. The doom record had one decent song.

I usually bring fans of mainstream country music to III's shows to give them a taste of something that isn't generic and pre-packaged. They always come away impressed. When III's country set wraps up, I say "Ok, let's head out." Usually my friends will want to stay and check out the Assjack set because they want to see "why I'm so into heavy metal."

I tell them I am very into heavy metal, and if they want to see why, they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is. Assjack comes out, it's terrible, and my friends laugh at me even more "liking that crap."

Yeah, my friends are stupid and annoying. But so is III's non-country stuff.

Much respect to III for doing it his way and ignoring what people like me have to say, but goddam, the truth is the truth.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Face Chicken Wing View Post
I love III's country albums. All of them are great IMO, even the first two that he tries to distance himself from.

I respect how hard he works and the effort he puts into the metal/other stuff, but I gotta be honest, his non-country stuff fucking blows. To each their own, I guess, but I've tried and tried to get into Assjack and can't do it. The Hellbilly stuff I could take or leave and I have no idea what the hell was going on with Cattle Callin'. The doom record had one decent song.

I usually bring fans of mainstream country music to III's shows to give them a taste of something that isn't generic and pre-packaged. They always come away impressed. When III's country set wraps up, I say "Ok, let's head out." Usually my friends will want to stay and check out the Assjack set because they want to see "why I'm so into heavy metal."

I tell them I am very into heavy metal, and if they want to see why, they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is. Assjack comes out, it's terrible, and my friends laugh at me even more "liking that crap."

Yeah, my friends are stupid and annoying. But so is III's non-country stuff.

Much respect to III for doing it his way and ignoring what people like me have to say, but goddam, the truth is the truth.
Ben there, done that and agree 100%!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Face Chicken Wing View Post
they should accompany me to a Cannibal Corpse or Gojira show, not whatever the hell Assjack is.
Agree Assjack is not the right thing to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, but neither are CC or Gojira. The reaction of your friends will be identical.

If you want to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, you take them to something like Maiden, Dio when he was around, or anything else which is heavy, but where no one can deny the singing is good, because in the vast majority of cases it's extreme singing people don't like, not heavy guitars, and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".
And if it's not death metal, it is the consistently misused term screamo. The other day I was wearing a Destruction shirt and I was asked if they were "one of those screamo bands".
Old 05-06-2013, 04:37 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Agree Assjack is not the right thing to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, but neither are CC or Gojira. The reaction of your friends will be identical.

If you want to demonstrate heavy metal to a non-fan, you take them to something like Maiden, Dio when he was around, or anything else which is heavy, but where no one can deny the singing is good, because in the vast majority of cases it's extreme singing people don't like, not heavy guitars, and most people think all metal is death metal "screaming and shouting".
Yeah, CC and Gojira were just the first two bands that popped in my head. Both would still get a much better reaction from non-metal fans than Assjack, though.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
And if it's not death metal, it is the consistently misused term screamo. The other day I was wearing a Destruction shirt and I was asked if they were "one of those screamo bands".
I can't stand that!!
11/11 Wolvhammer
11/18 Forward
12/7 Bastard Noise
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Yarp.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16