Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Shame about the Anthrax show. That was the start of so many problems for that tour. When I saw them in Baltimore Charlie and Frank were missing.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 01-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

TOP 10 PERFORMANCES OF 2012

Sabaton

Kansas City, MO on April 19th

I had heard maybe like one and a half songs of Sabaton's before I went to this show, but they put on such a phenomenal performance that they had me singing along with them by the end of the set! Seriously, I can only imagine how crazy it would've been if I was more familiar with them! The crowd wasn't the largest crowd, but it might've been the most passionate crowd I've ever been a part of. In between every song (EVERY song) we were chanting "SA-BA-TON!" and it kept making the band laugh and very appreciative. I know I'll probably not get another chance to see them for a very long time, so the memories from this awesome concert will just have to suffice until then.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 AM

Radiohead

Kansas City, MO on March 11th

I pretty much have no qualms in saying that Radiohead is in my top 5 bands of all time and might even be my second favorite band ever. Super stoked that they finally decided to hit Kansas City again after a long absence, but next time I'll definitely spring for closer seats. I literally might have had the seat furthest away from the stage, but the show was still awesome. Pyramid Song is one of my favorite songs ever so hearing it live was a dream come true. Wish it would've been a bit lighter on In Rainbows stuff and apparently we were supposed to be the first date to get Street Spirit (Thom changed it at the last second and played Myxomatosis and the NEXT date got Street Spirit), but it was still amazing. Legendary band!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:48 AM

Speedwolf

Lawrence, KS on April 8th

Not only was this band amazing, but it was in a basement of a house with a handful of people there including some good buddies of mine...and it was on EASTER! Perfect way to end the holiest holiday, right? I'm way more familiar with The Wolf now so I'm jonesing for them to be back ASAP. It was like seeing a young Motorhead up close and personal! SPEED WITH THE WOLF!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 AM

High On Fire

Kansas City, MO on December 10th

I've waited so long to see High On Fire headline again and it was pretty much worth the wait. Wish they would've played for longer (who doesn't?) but I was right up against the stage and MATT FUCKING PIKE was shredding all night long a foot away from my face. It was a dream come true. I couldn't believe how excited I got when they played Devilution, but every single song sounded amazing. Oh, and it was LOUD! Just how it should be.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 AM

Church Of Misery

Austin, TX on June 1st

Seriously one of the most energetic and entertaining live bands I've ever seen. Was so stoked I got to see them on their first US tour and it was absolutely bonkers. Their vocalist dresses the part of hippie-stoner Japanese dude, but when he's doing his thing on stage, he's an absolute madman. The bassist was going redonkulous too. It was a whirlwind of groove and it was amazing. "Born To Raise Hell" gave me chills when everyone was singing along. Best band of that night.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 AM

Alice Cooper

Kansas City, MO on June 15th

Gosh dang was this a great show. Rob Zombie's Godfather absolutely showed everyone in the crowd that night why he's still the king of catchy vaudeville rock and roll. Not only did Coop sound great, but Orianthi was on guitar and she KILLED it! One of the best guitarists ever, for sure! Hearing "I'm Eighteen" will always be awesome because it's one of rock and roll's quintessential youth anthems. A total national treasure that can still hang with the best of them.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM

Converge

Lawrence, KS on October 20th

I finally did it. I finally got to see Converge live. The show was just as insane as everyone described it to be, and then some. People were just constantly losing their shit the entire time and the pit and the crowd up front was so violent and awesome the entire set. I got to sing into the mic for "Concubine", so that pretty much is something I can cross off my bucket list. "Dark Horse", "The Broken Vow", "My Unsaid Everything", and the mammoth closer "Last Light"...I can't even explain it. So fucking great.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 AM

Nasum

Austin, TX on May 31st

Nasum on their final tour ever, playing their final North American concert ever...on my birthday. Does it get any better than that? I know so many people that hate me because I witnessed this insane spectacle. The celebration of Nasum's career was interspersed with some guest performances and too many stage divers to count. They definitely left a lasting mark on North America that not too many bands will be able to scribble over.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 AM

Katatonia

Lawrence, KS on September 13th

OOF. Ow. Who just dropped a 300 lb. weight on my head? Oh...it's just Katatonia. My mind couldn't wrap around how heavy they were (and playing right after Paradise Lost was like the cherry on top of the sundae) and it left a lasting mark on me. "July" is like engraved in my mind from this show and I watch a YouTube video someone took of it at this show like twice a day to relive it. Totally crazy. I will see them every time they return to these parts.