Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007

Old 05-04-2013, 06:56 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Beck Ė Loser (1994)

Even though this is a single for Beckís massive hit Loser itís still one of the best things he ever released. Singles are usually reserved for remixes, b-sides that werenít good enough for the album or live tracks. This, however, features four entirely new songs (albeit one is a reworked version of Soul Suckiní Jerk off Mellow Gold) and all four are fucking awesome. Two (Corvette Bummer and Soul Suckiní Jerk (Reject)) are classic Beck lo-fi rap epics. Just a basic beat with some of the most out-there lyrics Iíve ever heard in my life. ďROCKIN THE TOWN LIKE A MOULDY CRUTONĒ. Alcohol is probably the weakest song, just a basic Beck folk anthem sandwiched in the middle. The vocals are more layered than usual and the ending is totally fucked. Fume is one of the all-time Beck classics. It starts out a typical Beck song (if there is such a thing) but halfway through falls apart and turns into this hardcore, ripping, screaming grunge song. I first heard this before Mellow Gold was even out. I saw the video for Loser and went out the next day to the CD store and they had just received one copy of this an hour earlier. I listened to the whole thing on repeat all weekend (itís only about twenty five minutes long) and played Secret of Mana on SNES. That was an awesome weekend.
Favorite Song: Fume
Note: thereís another version of this single that omits Alcohol, Soul Suckiní Jerk (Reject) and Fume and include the songs Totally Confused and MTV Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack. The latter has become one of Becks more famous b-sides based on itís title. But aside from the first thirty seconds (the part with just Beck and guitar) itís not really a very good song at all. Totally Confused is really good too but is also available on the Beercan single. If you ever want this go for the version with five songs because if you miss out on Fume you are really missing out.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Elevator to Hell– Parts 1-3 (1996)

I doubt anyone here has heard of this band. First off, they aren’t metal at all. More lo-fi, pop/rock with a lot of psychadelia later on. Secondly, they were from Moncton, New Brunswick. I doubt most people here have even heard of that place. See the cover, that's pretty much Moncton right there. From September to May. Third, they never got any press despite releasing a lot of music on Sub Pop Records (a fairly large indie label). It wasn’t so much a band at this point as one guy with a four track named Rick White. This was a collection of his/their earliest three EPs on one CD and has some great, catchy, worry-free music. The first eight songs make up Part 1; it’s more lo-fi, dreamy acoustic pop/rock. The next nine songs are Part 2 and it’s a bit more experimental, with a lot of drum machine and casio keyboard. The last ten songs are Part 3 and it’s more rock with a bit better production. All good, all retain this dreamy atmosphere, but Part 2 is a little weak. The problem I have with a lot of the songs is they all follow the same formula of verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-end in total chaos. They could never end a song. And it gets to sound pretty similar after twenty seven songs and over an hour. Hearing the three EPs separate and at a different time would probably be better.
Favorite Song (Part 1): Rather Be
Favorite Song (Part 2): Elevator to Hell
Favorite Song (Part 3): Analysis 1313
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Kyuss
Blues For the Red Sun (1992)

Welcome to Sky Valley (1994)

Kyuss put out three of the best stoner rock albums you will ever hear. The. End.
Favorite Song (Blues For the Red Sun): 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up)
Favorite Song (Welcome to Sky Valley): Whitewater

If you’re looking for the third it’s …and the Circus Leaves Town and it was number twelve in my top twenty.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 PM

Dawn of Ashes – Genocide Chapters (2010)

Despite the ridiculous getup I really enjoyed this band. I saw them curtain jerking on that tour with Dimmu Borgir in late-2010, saw the people laughing at the make-up, and I felt a little bad for them. I actually found their make-up and costumes pretty cool and the movements of the band (especially the keyboard player) pretty cool. And I thought their music was really awesome. I ended up buying the album a few months later and was really impressed. There’s not much substance and they’re not really trying to impress anyone too much but they wrote a really catchy black metal (lite) album. The music was put together really well and I found the vocals to be really good. And as I keep alluding to: tr00 kvlt black metal is cool but sometimes I want something really catchy. That's where an album like this comes in. If it weren’t for the make-up I think this band could’ve made more of a mark. Unfortunately they gave up after one album and went back to being an EBM band, something I just can’t get into.
Favorite Song: Conjuration of the Maskim's Black Blood
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-14-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim OST (2012)

An awesome game (albeit flawed if you’re a PS3 owner like myself) deserved an awesome soundtrack. The music in this game took you to the world of Skyrim and turned you into that character. I hear Under an Ancient Sun and I feel myself in a cold, icy, frozen over lake. And it’s dark. When I hear Dawn I’m waking up in a forest, it’s blurry and I have no idea where I am. Imperial Throne; we've lost, it's over, just give up. Or when I hear Kyne's Peace it’s just me and my son, everyone’s gone, he’s asleep, we’re alone, and I have no idea how I can get him through another day. Great music does that to you.
Favorite Song: Under an Ancient Sun
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-14-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:20 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Dawn of Ashes – Genocide Chapters (2010)

Despite the ridiculous getup I really enjoyed this band. I saw them curtain jerking on that tour with Dimmu Borgir in late-2010, saw the people laughing at the make-up, and I felt a little bad for them. I actually found their make-up and costumes pretty cool and the movements of the band (especially the keyboard player) pretty cool. And I thought their music was really awesome. I ended up buying the album a few months later and was really impressed. There’s not much substance and they’re not really trying to impress anyone too much but they wrote a really catchy black metal (lite) album. The music was put together really well and I found the vocals to be really good. And as I keep alluding to: tr00 kvlt black metal is cool but sometimes I want something really catchy. That's where an album like this comes in. If it weren’t for the make-up I think this band could’ve made more of a mark. Unfortunately they gave up after one album and went back to being an EBM band, something I just can’t get into.
I never really got into this album (aside from the track you posted), but the album they put out before this, The Crypt Injection, is one of my favorite albums of all time. I fucking love their old aggrotech shit. Their new album was pretty okay as well. I always saw their music as being club music + horror movie soundtrack + black metal vocals.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim OST (2012)

An awesome game (albeit flawed if youíre a PS3 owner like myself) deserved an awesome soundtrack. The music in this game took you to the world of Skyrim and turned you into that character. I hear Under an Ancient Sun and I feel myself in a cold, icy, frozen over lake. And itís dark. When I hear Dawn Iím waking up in a forest, itís blurry and I have no idea where I am. Imperial Throne; we've lost, it's over, just give up. Or when I hear Kyne's Peace itís just me and my son, everyoneís gone, heís asleep, weíre alone, and I have no idea how I can get him through another day. Great music does that to you.
Favorite Song: Under an Ancient Sun
This is an incredible game soundtrack and definitely one of the best (along with The Hobbit game soundtrack).Skyrim is my favorite game of all-time, and I am PS3 owner also
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM

Alice in Chains Ė Dirt (1992)

An album like this is a lot like my Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Primus albums. It reminds me of high school, the early 1990ís and not giving a fuck. Those were good days and this album was part of the soundtrack. But I donít just enjoy it because it brings back good memories. The fact is itís a fucking awesome album. Any Alice in Chains is really, but this is the quintessential Alice in Chains album. Itís got the heavy, riff-tastic songs like Them Bones, Junkhead, Angry Chair (and so many others) and those beautiful melodic slower songs like Rooster and Down in Hole. Those are the best songs on any Alice in Chains songs, where Jerry Cantrell really steps up. Fuck, Iíve been listening to Rooster for twenty years and the first verse still sends shivers down my spine. Click on the link below and go to school kids.
Favorite Song: Rooster
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 PM

Special Post: adamclark52's LEAST Favorite Albums

Old Lady Drivers (1988)

I first heard Old Lady Drivers in early 1999 when I got that Earache Black Sabbath tribute album I went into a few pages ago. I had zero money and there wasnít much streaming available on the internet those days so all I could get about the band was a little bit on a few Geocities fan pages. I got their later albums but couldnít find this one, not even samples. All I found was one fanpage that had the cover and the lyrics. So I read them with my college buddies and we thought it was fucking hilarious. But I couldnít hear the music. Over the years I scoured every record store I went into hoping to find a copy of this album but never anything. And for years there was still very little information on the internet about it. I even contacted Earache records once asking if there were any plans to rerelease it but I never got an answer. Once eBay got big in the early part of the millennium I was able to find copies of it but only on vinyl. Thatís when I realized that it was never pressed on CD. So I had to just keep hoping. Finally, in the last year someone posted most of the songs on youTube and it became available on iTunes. So I could finally hear this album Iíd been looking for for almost fifteen yearsÖand it was fucking garbage. Maybe, if Iíd heard it in 1999 when I was just coming into being a metalhead I wouldíve found it entertaining. But now itís just noise. And not good noise, itís just fucking crap. I listened to the first few songs and by time I got to the third song Supermarket Monstrosity and itís cartoon pitch-shifted vocals I knew that Iíd been wasting all my time. The rest made Napalm Deaths Scum sound like something recorded by angels (I like Scum, but the quality is crap). I canít believe I spent fifteen years wanting to hear this crap.
Worst Song: Supermarket Monstrosity
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Dawn of Ashes Ė Genocide Chapters (2010)

Despite the ridiculous getup I really enjoyed this band. I saw them curtain jerking on that tour with Dimmu Borgir in late-2010, saw the people laughing at the make-up, and I felt a little bad for them. I actually found their make-up and costumes pretty cool and the movements of the band (especially the keyboard player) pretty cool. And I thought their music was really awesome. I ended up buying the album a few months later and was really impressed. Thereís not much substance and theyíre not really trying to impress anyone too much but they wrote a really catchy black metal (lite) album. The music was put together really well and I found the vocals to be really good. And as I keep alluding to: tr00 kvlt black metal is cool but sometimes I want something really catchy. That's where an album like this comes in. If it werenít for the make-up I think this band couldíve made more of a mark. Unfortunately they gave up after one album and went back to being an EBM band, something I just canít get into.
That logo looks familiar

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com