Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Harper Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Jesu Ė Silver (2006)

Iím really not a huge Godflesh fan and Iíve really never listened to any other Jesu. From what I gather this is a little more polished, upbeat, electronic and less-sludgy than most of Justinís Jesu material. Itís another album I got around that fabled Christmas of 2006 but I got it at a more tumultuous time, a few months earlier when I was struggling (big-time) through Intermediate Trade School. So an album that was depressing yet had a glimmer of hope surrounding it was a welcome listen at the time. The title track starts things off with a more typical sludgy dirge. Itís more shoegaze than doom. It was the song that first brought the album to my attention. Star is a lot poppier and upbeat, with some nice jangly guitar and some wicked droning keyboards in the last few minutes. Wolves is another slow song that is more doom-metal with a lot of electronics. Call it ďelectronic-doom-metalĒ if you like. It starts off rather slow and plodding but once it hits the halfway point watch out. Dead Eyes is an instrumental that finishes everything off and itís really good with some great electronics. Too bad this is not an album but an EP. It ends way too early (even though itís twenty seven minutes long). Like I said, I havenít heard any other Jesu but what I have heard is no where near as good as this. If this had of been a full-length album itíd have been top twenty material.
Favorite Song: Wolves
My favorite Jesu record. Four perfect songs. Conqueror and self-titled are also wonderful. Sorta lost track of them though. Haven't listened to their newest music yet.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Life of Agony - River Runs Red (1994)

I LOVE Roadrunner Records releases from the 1990ís. That was a time when pretty much EVERYTHING they were releasing was something I liked and itís still one of my favorite eras of music. At first I didnít like this album because it was a little lighter than the other Roadrunner stuff I liked (Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Machine Head) and a bit more "hardcore" than I liked. But after a few listens it hit me how beautiful, tourtured and mournful this album was. What really makes this album is Keith (Mina) Caputo's vocals. They're like an instrument in their own. Twenty years later I can still hear the title track and get chills when he sings ďI got the razor at my wrist because I canít resistĒ. Musically it's great too. I don't mosh. but ther verses inThrough and Through get me there. ďRAISE YOUR HANDS IF YOU UNDERSTANDĒ. Everything else Life of Agony released was crap but this was one thatís still worth checking out. Such a great album. Picking a favorite song was tough. There are about eight songs on here that are my favorite when I'm listening to it. Then another comes on and I'm like, "shit no this one is my favorite". But you gotta go with the title track.
Favorite Song: River Runs Red
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 06-26-2014, 10:22 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

A band I always wanted to get into but never did
Good job keeping up with this! I kinda gave up on my "Favorite Albums" thread because it felt like a waste of time

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Couldn't really ever stand them vocally. Just irritated me to no end. But River Runs Red was played on The Office one time in Dwight's car made me almost like it.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
A band I always wanted to get into but never did
Good job keeping up with this! I kinda gave up on my "Favorite Albums" thread because it felt like a waste of time
I'm getting close to the end of this one. I was going to kill it in one shot a few months ago and then do an official "top one hundred" but that's been tough.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation