Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 07-20-2013, 08:23 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Skrew Ė Angel Seed XXIII (1997)

Skrew should have been bigger than they ended up. They released some really solid industrial metal in the early 1990ís that any fan of Ministry would enjoy. Then they released what I felt was their best album (this album) just at a bad time. 1997 was not a good time for metal (unless you sounded like KoRn or the Deftones). It was a dark time and a lower-tiered band like Skrew suffered greatly. It didnít help that the only magazine that promoted the album was Metal Edge, which was laughable at the time. But this is an excellent ďforgotten gemĒ. They do tend to rip off a few other bands: the main riff in King Of The Hole is pretty damn close to A New Level by Pantera (for you, John the Drummer) and the drums in Kosmo's Seed sound an awful a lot like the Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson. I can't find an audio sample of that song but trust me. But thereís a lot of really good stuff going on here. Their earlier stuff was pretty straight-forward but they experimented a lot with their sound on this album. I loved this album from the second I heard it and still listen to it today. It's pretty much impossible to find and that's really to bad because it's really good. This album performed so poorly the band broke up less than a year after it was released but they're back together now and are prepping a new album for 2013. I hope they release Angel Seed XXIV. It's that good.
Best Song: Porcelain
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Pulp Fiction Soundtrack (1994)

I donít have too much to say about this soundtrack. There is a lot on it that I donít like but then there are a few standout songs that are just incredible, most notably the surf music. Surf music is something I have no insight on but anything that Iíve heard has been so cool. And friggin' dark too. The dialogue clips on this album are fantastic too. As is the movie.
Favorite Song: Surf Rider by the Lively Ones
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 07-21-2013, 04:32 PM

Special Bonus: adamclark52's LEAST Favorite Albums

We Reach: the Music of the Melvins (2005)

Tribute albums can go either way. I posted those two Black Sabbath ones a few months ago and went on about how fantastic they were. But then you get tribute albums that just don’t work. The Melvins are one of my favorite bands. And you look at the line-up on this album (the Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, Pig Destroyer, High on Fire, Isis, Eyehategod) and it’s a bunch of bands that I really enjoy. So you’d think that this was a surefire hit. And boy is it not. Nothing works on this album save the cover of Raise a Paw by Disengage, and it's only a minute and fifteen seconds long. With the Masters of Misery Black Sabbath tribute album I was listening with bated breathe for every next to see how much cooler the next band was. Total opposite here. I struggled to listen to a song and couldn’t believe how much worse the next one was. Sometimes the stars just don’t align and this is an example. I guess this proves that there is only one Melvins and no one should ever try to be them. Avoid this at all costs, whether you’re a fan of the Melvins or any of the bands involved.
Worst Song: Echohead/Don’t Piece Me by Pincer 2
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Pulp Fiction Soundtrack (1994)

I donít have too much to say about this soundtrack. There is a lot on it that I donít like but then there are a few standout songs that are just incredible, most notably the surf music. Surf music is something I have no insight on but anything that Iíve heard has been so cool. And friggin' dark too. The dialogue clips on this album are fantastic too. As is the movie.
Favorite Song: Surf Rider by the Lively Ones
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

I love this fucking soundtrack. I have a boatload of great memories with this soundtrack, and film of course..
11/14 - Slayer
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM

Faith No More Ė We Care A Lot (1985)

Iíd forgotten how awesome this album was until I was cycling through all the songs to list them from best to worst on another thread. I listened to them all and realized there isnít really a bad song on this album and it may be Faith No Moreís second best album (after Angel Dust, of course). They really were a different beast in these days. The biggest difference is obviously the fact that Mike Patton wasnít singing on this album. Chuck Mosley had a very unique delivery. Completely out of tune, out of time even on a lot of parts. Really, heís a terrible singer. But thereís a certain charm to his vocals. Itís a perfect case of so bad itís good. The keyboards were a lot more simplistic on this album too. They really only have one sound to them on this album; that cheesy 1980ís synth sound. But it all sounds so youthful and carefree. And there are some damn fine songs on this album, including a version of the title track thatís a million times better than the one of their second album. Iíve never had a CD copy of this album. My guitar teacher had a copy of it on cassette that he let me borrow shortly before his passed away. I donít have a tape player anymore but I still hear this album and I remember him. Itís almost impossible to find (itís rarely on eBay, never on Amazon and not even on iTunes) but if you ever find a copy buy it and send it to me.
Best Song: Mark Bowen
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 07-23-2013, 07:55 AM

Paradise Lost - One Second (1997)

Paradise Lost has morphed their sound a lot over the years; from death/doom metal to straight-up metal to gothic hard rock, back to doomy metal. This was probably the biggest stylistic change for the band and it brought my favorite album they ever released. Itís probably one of the least representative of Paradise Lost as a whole but damn there are just some fine songs on this album. I think the reason I just loved this album so much was they sounded a lot like a more gothic Faith No More. It was pretty catchy stuff and thereís really no a bad song on this album. And if you ever see them live and they donít play the title track you have my permission to sack Nick Holmes.
Favorite Song: The Sufferer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

I love this fucking soundtrack. I have a boatload of great memories with this soundtrack, and film of course..
That's a sound-byte if there ever was one.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

The Darkness – Permission to Land (2003)

Sometimes is can get overwhelming listening to all this br00tal, deep and thought provoking music. Sometimes you just need to relax and have () fun. Listen to some fun music that’s light and catchy, has zero sustenance to it and is not trying to prove anything. The Darkness’ first album fits right into that category. It’s just fun to listen to. Poppy, CATCHY and enjoyable. Hey, you can only listen to so much Blut Aus Nord before you start turning into Gollum. I hated the Darkness at first because I Believe in a Thing Called Love was so damn overplayed on the radio. But instead of growing to hate that song each time it got played I actually started to really enjoy it. I think the awesome video helped out. So I got the album after being barraged with that song for six months and couldn’t believe how much I liked it. The rock songs were all great but what surprised me even more was the ballads. I HATE ballads. Like, hate. But the ballads on this album were some of the better songs on an already great album (Love Is Only A Feeling). Bravo, the Darkness. I just loved too that the band did not take themselves seriously at all. It’s too bad their second album was such a disappointment and the band fell of the face of the earth for close to ten years. They were poised to take over the world for a while there.
Favorite Song: Givin’ Up
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
My friend was playing the 13th Floor Elevators for me earlier and I thought of this thread... alas, wrong band But this is really cool; I added the full album to spotify. thanks man.

also, I've listened to Sonic Youth's entire discography, basically, and now I consider them one of my favorite bands You're right, goo, evol, sister, and daydream nation are clearly the best. But I also really dig the early noise stuff like Confusion is sex and Bad moon rising. Their later stuff is hit or miss... sonic nurse and a thousand leaves are pretty good. I also love washing machine.
I just got A Thousand Leaves the other day and its incredible. I'll probably go out and buy Sonic Nurse and Murray Street this week. They remind me of she I got into the Melvin's, every album impresses me a little more than the last. And there have been no real missteps yet.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I just got A Thousand Leaves the other day and its incredible. I'll probably go out and buy Sonic Nurse and Murray Street this week. They remind me of she I got into the Melvin's, every album impresses me a little more than the last. And there have been no real missteps yet.
I like most of A Thousand Leaves. Sonic Nurse is even better - and I only have to skip two songs! That's really good for them.

I haven't commented in here lately, but I like a lot of the things you've been posting. I should really check out more Aphex Twin. Oh, and seeing as how much you love Nails, check out All Pigs Must Die. Very similar sound, and I favor the latter much more highly.