KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

D.I. -- Fullerton, CA -- December 16th, 2012

Source: Me
Venue: Slidebar

Yes, after all these months, I finally made my triumphant return to the Slidebar. I heard about this show a month ago, but wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I had planned on seeing The Hobbit tonight, so I figured I'd miss the show. Well my shitty week got even shittier today, so no Hobbit for me. Around 8, I found out my night was non existent anymore, so I figured I would either be at home doing nothing or I could see D.I. for free. I hit up one of my friends, who I had talked to about the show, earlier in the day and never heard from him. I then hit up a few friends and it seemed liked no one was down to go with me. One of my friends got back to me, so I went and bought 5 cans of food for the food drive and got the the Slidebar around 9:30.

Love Canal went on right when I got the the Slidebar. I had been meaning to check them out for about 2 years now, but kept forgetting to look into them. I'm now a fan after tonight. Anyone who likes the OC punk scene should check these guys out!! I must see them again! Naked Aggression was on next. I'm not a big fan of them, so I don't know what they played either. Some of their riffs were really awesome, but I can't get into them for some reason, oh well. D.I. went on around 11:20 and played for 50 minutes. It was seriously the best D.I. set I have seen so far. I could hear the band perfectly and everyone was going apeshit inside the bar. The pit was like a slip n slide after all the beer that was spilled on the ground.
I was extremely happy when they played Colors and Blood!! That song got me into them and I have been waiting over 8 years to see it live. I never expected to ever hear it, but it was played!! My life is seriously complete! Out of every band I've seen live and all the songs I've wanted to hear live, Colors and Blood was number one on my list of songs I wanted to sing along to, and I finally got it. I'm never going to forget tonight here's the setlist for D.I.

On the Western Front
Imminent War
Hang Ten in East Berlin
Falling Out
Prison
Amoeba(Adolescents cover)
Hypochristian
Johnny's Got a Problem
Voices
Stick to Your Guns
Colors and Blood
Reagan Der Fuhrer
Richard Hung Himself
Guns
Youth of Asia
Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 AM
N00B

No "Pervert Nurse"? Saw them 20 years ago in Austin and had no idea they were still around.
10/28 Priest
11/22 Slayer
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
N00B

I was supposed to see these guys once over 20 years ago in a Chicago suburb. My ride blew me off. To be honest, I was more interested in the opening band which was the Bhopal Stiffs (Who I am sure no one here knows - ha!)

Aside from a very select few bands, I was never a big fan of most California punk bands. I was always more of a fan of stuff from the Midwest (IE - Screeching Weasel, Naked Raygun, Toxic Reasons, Zero Boys, etc, etc) or DC (Government Issue, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, etc).
Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Aside from a very select few bands, I was never a big fan of most California punk bands. I was always more of a fan of stuff from the Midwest (IE - Screeching Weasel, Naked Raygun, Toxic Reasons, Zero Boys, etc, etc) or DC (Government Issue, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, etc).
Agreed. Aside from DI, I can't think of a West Coast punk (not hardcore) band that I like(d). Toxic Reasons were great. I saw them a bunch of times. I'll add early Die Kreuzen to that list as well.
10/28 Priest
11/22 Slayer
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zla Vydra View Post
Agreed. Aside from DI, I can't think of a West Coast punk (not hardcore) band that I like(d). Toxic Reasons were great. I saw them a bunch of times. I'll add early Die Kreuzen to that list as well.
To me, I usually put the old punk and hardcore bands from this area into the same category. Bad Religion, Circle One, TSOL, Adolescents, D.I., Dickies, Dr Know, Black Flag, Red Cross, Circle Jerks, Decry, The Grim, Fear, Battalion of Saints, Agent Orange and so many more awesome bands from the area. It's difficult not to be a fan of a few of those bands and listen to punk.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
To me, I usually put the old punk and hardcore bands from this area into the same category. Bad Religion, Circle One, TSOL, Adolescents, D.I., Dickies, Dr Know, Black Flag, Red Cross, Circle Jerks, Decry, The Grim, Fear, Battalion of Saints, Agent Orange and so many more awesome bands from the area. It's difficult not to be a fan of a few of those bands and listen to punk.
This. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact we live here and we can see em all the time.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
This. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact we live here and we can see em all the time.
Even though all these bands should be loved, we do have an advantage on loving them since we can see them all the time.

Tags
d.i.