Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
"I Love Lamp"

Thumbs up Killswitch Engage -- Northampton, MA -- December 19th, 2012

As the last, and quite possibly best show of the year(for me) I figured I must do a review, especially considering how special a show this was for myself, given my long history as a huge fan of the band. I drove roughly 3 hours to be at the Pearl Street Nightclub for this show, and it was worth every mile of it. I went with my girlfriend, and my best bud, and we stopped to pick up another friend of ours, who attends collage about 15min from the venue. We hung out in his dorm for a short time, then headed off to the show.

We arrived a couple of songs into Acaro's set(who sounded awesome btw) and as soon as we got up the stairs, we hit a wall of people. The place was so uncomfortably packed it was almost unbearable. I was sweating bullets just trying to navigate through the crowd, it frustrating actually I mean iv been to plenty of over packed shows but this was ridiculous. Anyways first thing I did was pick up a couple of shirts, one from KSE, and one from SF. I really wanted an art of balances shirt but they only had up to large, so my fatass settled for a "the war within" one. Then began our frustrating journey to a decent spot. My girlfriend and I were able to find sanctuary in a corner by an exit, and awaited shadows fall to start.

My girlfriend as awesome as she is, kindly held on to my crap as I made my way towards the pit, and began the hunt for my friends, who I found as Shadows fall took the stage. They sounded fantastic, but the crowd energy was kinda disappointing. There was a pit and whatnot but it was very tame, and drunk. People were into it but I just expected more from a MA crowd given the fact that the band is from MA. For some reason Shadows Fall seem to have declined big time in terms of popularity, and I for one don't understand it at all, as they have consistently put out great albums. Their set was great though, and it was nice to see them play destroyer of senses, and the idiot box, witch I honestly cant recall the last time I heard those live. It was also their Jason bitner's first show back behind the kit since getting sick(I cant recal what he had off the top of my head) and that was a sweet surprise as well.

Shadows Fall 9/10:
1.The Light That Blinds
2.The Idiot Box
3.Weight of The World
4.King of Nothing
5.Still I Rise
6.Destroyer of Senses
7.Divide and Conquer
8.War

Finally I waited with my girlfriend for KSE to start then I made my way back into the crowd(witch was not easy). When the lights went out all the energy that seemed absent during shadows fall suddenly came bursting out from the crowd. Everyone was chanting Killswitch, as the band stepped on stage, and the first thing you hear is the intro to a bid farewell. From that point on the crowd slams forward, in attempts to get closer. For the first 5 songs or so I couldn't hear anything besides the crowd singing. This has always been one of my favorite things about seeing this band live, their sing alongs are defining. I collided heads with someone in the pit during numbered days(or self revolution i forget witch) and ended up seeing double for a while, but I stuck it out till they played the element of one, when I decided to go watch the rest of the show with my girlfriend. It was funny when the first thing outta Adams moth was, "HOLY SHIT....GUESS WE SHOULDA GOT A BIGGER VENUE" witch was met with lots of chearing, as everyone was clearly thinking the same thing. Now from the setlists iv seen they were supposed to stop playing after the end of heartache but due to either people refusing to leave, or just because they were home(or both) they came out and played 3 more songs 2 of witch id never heard live before. It was so awesome seeing them play that album start to finish, its something I used to wish for but I never thought would actually happen. I defiantly got chills during many of their songs, especially the ones they haven't played in years. Adam was hilarious as usual, saying things like "HEY WAIT A SECOND....YOUR NOT BLACK" (referring to jesse replacing howard) This is a band I will see again and again, because it never gets old for me.

Killswitch Engage 10/10:
1.A Bid Farewell
2.Rose of Sharyn

ALIVE OR JUST BREATHING

3.Numbered Days
4.Self Revolution
5.Fixation On The Darkness
6.My Last Serenade
7.Life To Lifeless
8.Just Barely Breathing
9.To The Sons of Man
10.Temple From The Within
11.Vide Infra
12.The Element of One
13.Without a Name
14.Rise Inside

15.My Curse
16.The End of Heartache

Encore:
17.Take This Oath
18.Prelude
19.In The Unblind

After the show while we were waiting around I was able to talk to the singer from Acaro, and Brian Fair from Shadows Fall who signed a copy of The Art of Balances for me(one of my favorite/first metal albums) Iv talked to them both before, and are super chill dudes. I was really hoping to talk to Jesse but I had the privilege of talking to him for about an hour, at a seemless show years back, so I decided fuck waiting, and headed out to start our 3 hour car ride back home. Everyone I was with really enjoyed the show, only complaint witch seems to be unanimous, was this show should of been in worcester, at the palladium. Was not a huge fan of this venue, although it didn't take anything away from the bands themselves it was it was just too much of a cluster fuck, and alot of the people who were there were kinda assholes, witch isnt something id ever complain about at a KSE show, they always seem to attract chill people. It wasn't too bad but defiantly noticeable. Just seems to be the trend with that particular venue. My friend told me he actually had to stop some dude from beating up his girlfriend(talk about a buzz kill eh) witch thankfully I didnt hear about until after the show. Also I would love to know whos bright idea it was to allow glass bear bottles instead of plastic like most venues. All I could hear was the sound of glass breaking all night long, it sounded like death, I was just waiting to get hit with one. Anyways killer show, and I cant wait to see them again when they release their new album next year.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

That encore!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought KSE put on one of the greatest shows they've ever seen.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:35 PM
N00B

Holy shit,

In the Unblind! Jelly.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM
N00B

The wife and I were also there last night. You could have talked to Jesse if you went to the bar across the street before the show and had a few beers with him and the other guys lol. Even tho Palladium is bigger, Pearl St. venue is home to Shadows Fall/All That Remains/Killswitch Engage and others started out there as well as other small venues in and around Springfield area. I too drove a little more 2hrs to go there, again well worth it and cheap tickets. And hell yeah the wall of people trying to get inside the floor was horrible! Promoter/venue were deff trying to get every last dollar haha.

Also I filmed the complete show of both SF/KSE... here's some videos

SF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP7cVz00bo
SF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FWtes8nok
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOh3vH9ei0
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDNkEGOwBI
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqkCMaNiI8
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOYSYQ5uw0
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz42kHlVFUg

Enjoy, Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM
N00B

i went to this show in Brooklyn on Sunday. they destroyed just like you said. The singalongs were the defining part of the show for me as well. SO loud and clear on almost EVERY lyric. what a night. glad these dudes are back with Jesse, glad i got to hear their first record, and cant wait for new material.

BURN...
THE...
SYSTEM...
KILL...
THE...
SYSTEM
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 12-21-2012, 04:34 AM
N00B

you sound PUMPED. This is def getting me hyped for next week's show. Cool review, man
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1115 View Post
Encore:
17.Take This Oath
18.Prelude
19.In The Unblind
What?!??!

Not fair. Not fucking fair.

Last edited by AnthG; 12-21-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
That encore!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought KSE put on one of the greatest shows they've ever seen.
Yeah man...KSE are always a blast live. Haven't been let down yet. Im torn between this show, or Jesse's return show at metal fest back in April as my favorite.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 PM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripKore View Post
The wife and I were also there last night. You could have talked to Jesse if you went to the bar across the street before the show and had a few beers with him and the other guys lol. Even tho Palladium is bigger, Pearl St. venue is home to Shadows Fall/All That Remains/Killswitch Engage and others started out there as well as other small venues in and around Springfield area. I too drove a little more 2hrs to go there, again well worth it and cheap tickets. And hell yeah the wall of people trying to get inside the floor was horrible! Promoter/venue were deff trying to get every last dollar haha.

Also I filmed the complete show of both SF/KSE... here's some videos

SF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP7cVz00bo
SF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FWtes8nok
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOh3vH9ei0
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDNkEGOwBI
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqkCMaNiI8
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOYSYQ5uw0
KSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz42kHlVFUg

Enjoy, Happy Holidays!
Oh im well aware of the back history of the mass metal scene(at least as far as bands from late 90s eairly 2000s go) I just feel like the palladium is the definitive venue to see metal shows in mass, and to me its just as much a home to those bands as pearl street.(probably more) So its not just the size of the venue, but also the fact that this show belonged at the palladium.(at least in my mind) But I saw those vids on youtube already, came out really good, but of course most internet vids never do justice to the show, but good stuff regardless. Couldn't find any vids of their intro, or numbered days tho, do you have any?

p.s. happy holidays/merry xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
i went to this show in Brooklyn on Sunday. they destroyed just like you said. The singalongs were the defining part of the show for me as well. SO loud and clear on almost EVERY lyric. what a night. glad these dudes are back with Jesse, glad i got to hear their first record, and cant wait for new material.

BURN...
THE...
SYSTEM...
KILL...
THE...
SYSTEM
Yeah its always like that with them. Very few bands that can match. and you do know theres a record before alive or just breathing right? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
you sound PUMPED. This is def getting me hyped for next week's show. Cool review, man
Thanks man, much appreciated. I defiantly was pumped about this show, let me know what you think about em.

[quote=AnthG;503463]
Quote:
Encore:
17.Take This Oath
18.Prelude
19.In The Unblind
QUOTE]

What?!??!

Not fair. Not fucking fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkz View Post
Holy shit,

In the Unblind! Jelly.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM
N00B

Quote:
Oh im well aware of the back history of the mass metal scene(at least as far as bands from late 90s eairly 2000s go) I just feel like the palladium is the definitive venue to see metal shows in mass, and to me its just as much a home to those bands as pearl street.(probably more) So its not just the size of the venue, but also the fact that this show belonged at the palladium.(at least in my mind) But I saw those vids on youtube already, came out really good, but of course most internet vids never do justice to the show, but good stuff regardless. Couldn't find any vids of their intro, or numbered days tho, do you have any?
Palladium booking is good which brings in alot of shows for the past 20yrs there, most of the smaller tours do end up there, The venue is ok. Its awesome to film a DVD at but the people that work there are awful, rude, ignorant. I try to avoid that venue when possible. Just my opinion.

Yes videos don't usually capture the intensity of the show, band, crowd. But when i run at least 2 cams, I tend to capture as much as i can, but there was no way i was going up front in that venue, shaky cams don't look appealing.

I did fill the complete show as described, I only upload select few from each show i film, which i uploaded more than i usually do as this was a hometown event. I've filmed kse just about everytime they've been in the area, here's a clip from Tresspass tour @ House of Blues in Boston which is an awesome venue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAxd7aq6cFc.

Tags
killswitch engage, shadows fall