Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No. You think the be all end all is always recent album sales, but if that's true then why isn't Whitechapel on the main stage at Mayhem?

Morbid Angel definitely have pull.
And when did I say anything about album sales with WC & MA? They had enough pull to not play after virtually unknown at that time Nothingface on the Pantera tour in 2001. Trey's best friend sings for that band. MA is coming off a critically acclaimed horrible release and what appears to be the loss of their drummer. Quit playing favorites/metal elitist and accept reality lol
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
That Guy

In Minnesota, Morbid Angel headlines the same venues as Whitechapel. So I would say they are quite equal in the overall Metal Scheme if nothing else.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
And when did I say anything about album sales with WC & MA? They had enough pull to not play after virtually unknown at that time Nothingface on the Pantera tour in 2001. Trey's best friend sings for that band. MA is coming off a critically acclaimed horrible release and what appears to be the loss of their drummer. Quit playing favorites/metal elitist and accept reality lol
I am accepting reality and you're high if you think Whitechapel would ever play above Morbid Angel. That's like saying Whitechapel would headline above Carcass.

Yes, their last album sucked dick, but what does that matter? Their last tour they played three songs off it, and they were the three best songs on the album. Morbid Angel's legendary status trumps any other thing you might think would stop them from headlining literally anything they do. The only reason they co-headlined with Kreator in Europe is because MA played Europe all the time at the time of that tour.

Morbid Angel toured the US last year. When was their last tour before that? 2003? 2004? There's way more of a want for Morbid Angel than Whitechapel for the simple fact that Whitechapel tours 10 times a year and Morbid Angel could possibly be doing their 2nd US run in almost 10 years.

And I don't really know what you mean bringing up that Pantera tour. Pantera had reached godlike status at that point in their career and any band, no matter how big they are in the underground, would jump at the chance to open for that tour. Huge exposure.
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
I am accepting reality and you're high if you think Whitechapel would ever play above Morbid Angel. That's like saying Whitechapel would headline above Carcass.

Yes, their last album sucked dick, but what does that matter? Their last tour they played three songs off it, and they were the three best songs on the album. Morbid Angel's legendary status trumps any other thing you might think would stop them from headlining literally anything they do. The only reason they co-headlined with Kreator in Europe is because MA played Europe all the time at the time of that tour.

Morbid Angel toured the US last year. When was their last tour before that? 2003? 2004? There's way more of a want for Morbid Angel than Whitechapel for the simple fact that Whitechapel tours 10 times a year and Morbid Angel could possibly be doing their 2nd US run in almost 10 years.

And I don't really know what you mean bringing up that Pantera tour. Pantera had reached godlike status at that point in their career and any band, no matter how big they are in the underground, would jump at the chance to open for that tour. Huge exposure.
Pantera tour. You said MA had pull. Trey is best friends with and lived in Anselmo's house yet played several shows opening for the then unknown at the time Nothingface on that tour. I thought that 'pull' would have been a bit more, such as Nothingface opening for MA on that tour instead of rotating or whatever it was they were doing.

While I agree that MA should without any doubt headline over WC I am stating that they won't in the US. MA has had a legendary career that deserves the right to do so but unfortunately promoters/tour organizers are the ones who don't care about that shit any more. Its all about the $ and my point is that Summer Slaughter and Mayhem Fest vets like WC would unfortunately headline over MA on US tour.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Pantera tour. You said MA had pull. Trey is best friends with and lived in Anselmo's house yet played several shows opening for the then unknown at the time Nothingface on that tour. I thought that 'pull' would have been a bit more, such as Nothingface opening for MA on that tour instead of rotating or whatever it was they were doing.

While I agree that MA should without any doubt headline over WC I am stating that they won't in the US. MA has had a legendary career that deserves the right to do so but unfortunately promoters/tour organizers are the ones who don't care about that shit any more. Its all about the $ and my point is that Summer Slaughter and Mayhem Fest vets like WC would unfortunately headline over MA on US tour.
First of all, the tour with Nothingface you're talking about was in 2001. There was no widespread internet metal scene where kids could find out about Morbid Angel by going on YouTube. I'll venture a guess that since Nothingface did the "alternative metal" bullshit that they were more popular than Morbid Angel in 2001. Morbid Angel obviously wins out in the end and wins out with the underground metal fans who know their shit, but Pantera fans probably weren't the most fleshed out heavy metal fans in 2001. That's all that means. Again - MA would've been insane not to jump at any chance to open for anyone on that tour.

And Morbid Angel = $$$ for any promoter. Are you crazy? Again, just like Carcass = $$$ for every promoter a few years back. It's the same situation, just Morbid Angel's time now.
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
That Guy

Whitechapel would be under Morbid Angel, plain and simple. Yes, The Promoters would want to make bank on this tour, so why would they have a band headline after everyone leaves after Morbid Angel?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Whitechapel would be under Morbid Angel, plain and simple. Yes, The Promoters would want to make bank on this tour, so why would they have a band headline after everyone leaves after Morbid Angel?
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Yall better put that crack pipe down I hear police sirens!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Whitchapel over Morbid Angel? no

Whitechapel just toured and here in Cali they played smaller venues, maybe some of the same size(HOB) than when Morbid Angel toured. Cali is deathcore central so there ya go. Wolverine ya be acting like Whitechapel plays arenas.
Basement-8/12
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Yall better put that crack pipe down I hear police sirens!!!
I am Dorner
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest