Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Ever think about switching hands when you're alone every once in a while?

In all seriousness though, hope your wrist gets better man (especially since you're a goddamn drummer). Great list so far!
TOO BAD ITS THE OPPOSITE WRIST THAT HURTS!!!
But thanks a lot dude, as do I, I'll be resting it more than I have been over the next three days.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 AM

6. Iron Maiden

July 30
White River Amphitheater

Do I really even need to post a review? If you have never seen Iron Maiden, then you are missing out. How old are all of these guys? WHO CARES! They still play like they are in their 20's. Running around on stage, jumping off of monitors, their live performance cannot be duplicated.

This was my second time seeing Iron Maiden, and by far the best. I saw them on their previous US tour with Dream Theater, and I really didn't enjoy it much because at the time I was THAT GUY who only knew their singles, which they didn't play much of. This time however, I went in with a smile on my face and a stomach full of Fireball Whiskey . Every song was amazing, the sound was incredible, it was just an overall fun time. Plus I had better seats!

I really don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said about Iron Maiden. They are simply incredible.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM

i am posting this from my xbox, capitalization will likely be absent

5. Napalm Death

maryland death fest
the sonar {baltimore, md}

napalm death? outdoors? super long set? count me in! much like absu, morbid angel, macabre and tsjuder, napalm death was one of the main reasons i was stoked for MDF... especially after missing them every time they have came to seattle! was a bit sceptical at first. grindcore playing outdoors? it sounds rad.. but how will it actually SOUND? well ...amazing. napalm death put on one of the most furocious concerts that i had ever witnessed, and the crowd was absolutely nuts.

not only were they one of my top bands over the weekend, but shane embury was involved in one hell of a facepalm moment. my friend and i were walking to get food and who passes us on the street? none other than shane and 3 asian girls

seeing them at mdf was an absolute honor, and i am very glad i saw them there for the first time, and not here in seattle last month. that show sucked. their sound was panterrible, you could tell they couldnt hear each other on stage, it sucked. but anyways.... napalm death, mdf, fuck yeah.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM

As always, i lost interest in this
I'll finish it as soon as i can, final reviews may not be as long as these ones

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 AM

4. Possessed

My band got the opportunity to open for the legendary POSSESSED back in February of this year. Personally, I am not a huge fan of Possessed. Seven Churches is a great Death Metal album, yes, but it's also very sloppy at times. Lately I have grown insanely anal about my music, and when it's sloppy, or as some would say "kvlt", I tend to stay away, but Possessed was far from sloppy when I saw them.

Let me give you all a brief back story: It was Saturday September 3rd of the year 2005. There was a very awesome line up at a venue here in Seattle called the Showbox. My friends bands Drown Mary, Only Human, and others were opening for Dino Cazares' Death Metal band, Asesino. I had never heard of Asesino, so I was mainly going for the locals. When Asesino took the stage... I was amazed. THAT DRUMMER IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST! In one night El Sadistico/Emilio Marquez became one of my favorite drummers, and biggest influences to this day.

Fast forward to February of 2012, about 6 years later: I find myself sharing the stage with Possessed, and who is their drummer these days? The man himself, EMILIO MARQUEZ.

To finally share the stage with one of my biggest influences was not only an absolute honor, but man oh man was I in school girl mode that night . My friend, who became friends with Emilio back in 2005, introduced me to him, and wow, I was speechless.

So you could say I only rated this so high because I got to share the stage with my idol, and pretty much... YEAH! But honestly, their set was amazing. Sure Jeff's vocals aren't what they used to be, but the music is as intense as ever. And I swear they played for a good 90ish minutes. Emilio took off pretty abruptly after their set, but I shot the shit with one of their guitarists, who was also in AngelCorpse for their last tour.

It was such an amazing night. Here is a picture of me drumming... AND EMILIO SETTING UP HIS SHIT RIGHT BEHIND ME (its hard, but you can kind of make out the top of his head )

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
As always, i lost interest in this
This always tends to happen to me from time to time with my Hip hop thread. Same thing with my recent concert thread....Glad to know I'm not alone.
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 PM

3. Wintersun

Slowly continuing on, number 3, WINTERSUN.

Now, obviously everyone on here will agree, Wintersun was amazing live, no question about it. They looked like they were so happy and excited to finally be touring the states after all of these years, and of course a majority of the crowd was mainly there for them.

But much like Possessed.... I've got a bit of a back story to share

Wintersun isn't a band that I necessarily like. I mean, they're great, no question about it, but I never understood why everyone thought they were so amazing. So like I do in these situations, I went into this show having very low expectations. I heard their first album from time to time, and it never really stuck with me. There were great songs, but overall, just another album. Then Time I came out . My first reaction "HAH! This is really what everyone has been waiting for? Under an hour of over done synth metal!?" Yes... I was a douche with that thought, but I thought it was hilarious. So like I said, my expectations were very low going into this show...

...until they took the stage...

I was blown away. It was one of the most powerful, most energetic, most uplifting shows that I had ever seen! They were so happy, so enthusiastic to be in America and showing everyone what they could do. They were nearly perfect. I was absolutely "awe struck" when all three string players did vocals at the same time, that is something you don't see very much... and even better... THE SYNTH'S WEREN'T OVERPOWERING THEIR SOUND!!! This show had happened during a time where I was feeling overly stressed and pissed over things, and it was such a great release from those thoughts!

After the show I went out and purchased "Time I", just so I could have a fair view of it. It didn't end up as bad as I had predicted it to be, sure the synth's were a bit overbearing, but it wasn't terrible. I cannot wait for them to come back again!

...oh, and this night was also the worst because I woke up the next morning and I had slept very awkwardly on my wrist, causing my tendons to get stressed and now my wrist is in pain all the time

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 AM

2. Between The Buried and Me

I never was much of a BTBAM fan at first. Their first albums were a bit too deathcore, and couldn't get into them very much (looking back, I realize how wrong I was). When "Colors" came out I was blown away. This was something that I had never heard before, absolutely amazing. I made it my mission to see them.... and never got the chance. As they released more albums, I grew further away from them, just bummed that every chance I've had, I've missed... until (now) last year.

When I heard that BTBAM was added to Summer's Laughter I HAD to go. I really didn't care for Cannibal Corpse being on it. I've never been a huge fan of theirs, so BTBAM was the only reason I paid that $30+, and it was well worth it.

Was I let down? Was I disappointed? FAR FROM THAT! BTBAM did something that not many bands can do live. What is that you ask? They played flawlessly. They had me engaged throughout the entire set. It was as if they were playing along to the CD. Also, the venue which Summer's Laughter was held at is known for having terrible sound, but not during BTBAM (Cannibal Corpse was a different story ). Their sound had to be the most clearest sound that I have ever heard live, it was phenomenal.

I want to type more, but I just woke up . But anyway, BTBAM, NUMBAH 2 BAND VIETNAM!!! I cannot wait for them to do a headlining set. I will once again pay as much as needed JUST to see them.

FINAL BAND COMING SOON.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM

1. Melechesh

LETS WRAP THIS UP WHILE I AM ON A COMPUTER AND HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME ON MY HANDS

Honestly, those of you who really know me, who didn't see this coming? Along side Absu, Melechesh is one of my favorite bands, everything about them is just amazing. The fact they can take Middle Eastern chords/sounds and work them into Black Metal just blows my mind, so of course I shat myself when I heard they were coming.

When I am at shows, I normally just stay off in the back, or off to the side. No, it isn't as fun, but I can't risk hurting myself near the mosh pit (cuz I'm a little bitch!). However, the two times I've seen Melechesh, I have made an exception. FRONT AND CENTER. I was worried though, I mean.... WHO WAS THAT SECOND GUITARIST!? That was not Moloch! Well, he pulled off their songs flawlessly, and looked to be having a blast.

Ok, I feel I'm getting side tracked, the show was just amazing. Their set was so powerful, and although it was the same set as when they played here last time, it didn't matter, it was still amazing. I think one of the best moments of this show took place AFTERWORDS, when Ashmedi was extremely drunk and massively hitting on my friend, who's band opened the show, saying that he wanted her to be his drummer .

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 AM

SO THERE YA GO! My top 12 bands of 2012. Sorry if the Melechesh and BTBAM reviews were a bit sporadic and not well written, I am still sleepy and my mind isn't working properly due to events that have taken place over the last month ... BUT I GOT IT DONE.

I will do another list here of other bands I really enjoyed, but were not on the list. Those will be very short reviews.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com