Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Haemorrhage were so much fun at MDF. I've had Grume for awhile and told myself I'd get some more albums from them after I saw them but I've yet to do so. What would you recommend?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

9. Abigail Williams

Sometime in September
McCoy's Tavern (Olympia, WA)

Here is the long awaited NUMBER NINE. Abigail Williams

Now many of you may be asking "WUHDUHFUG!?", well to be honest, they were higher on my list, until I re-read it and thought it back over. Now, what the hell made this such an awesome show? And honestly, I do not know! Just something about the atmosphere that A.W. brought with them during this performance was amazing. Plus, my band got to play it!

The venue, McCoy's Tavern, is a the dive of all dive bars. The bathroom doesn't have any locks on the doors, and the shitter is out in the open, while the urinal is tucked back. You go in there to take the Brown's to the Super Bowl, you better hope that no one opens the door, or else you will be giving a free peep show. While we were setting up our gear, we noticed a hole in the floor of the stage!! And this place knew how to earn Pantera points, because on the wall to the side of the stage was a HUGE AMERICAN FLAG .

Now I got a bit side tracked, sorry, but as I said, I really am not sure what made their performance so memorible. I know they got a ton of shit for genre hopping, but I really hope they stick to this style, because they definitely bring it live, even as a 3-piece, and do not need to be a a big 5-6 piece with a keyboardist. And as an added bonus, Ken is a super nice dude and totally chill.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma323 View Post
Haemorrhage were so much fun at MDF. I've had Grume for awhile and told myself I'd get some more albums from them after I saw them but I've yet to do so. What would you recommend?
I have yet to listen to "Grume" in its entirety, but I know thats a good one. Check out "Apology For Pathology" and "Hospital Carnage", those are great albums! Just listened to both of them today actually

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM

8. Saint Vitus

May 27
The Sonar (Baltimore, MD)
Maryland Deathfest X

Number 8 on the list... THE MIGHTY SAINT VITUS! This was my second time seeing Saint Vitus, and there is no other way that I would prefer to see them.... than in a "rain storm" (also known as 'light showers' in Seattle ).

Saint Vitus played on the final night of Maryland Deathfest, and during their set it started to rain. While everyone ran for cover I stood there, in amazement. I had seen Saint Vitus last year on the Metalliance Tour, and honestly, I wasn't too familiar with their music, but it was still a great show. So going into MDF, I knew I was expecting a great performance... but it was far beyond what I expected.

Doom + Shitty Weather =

If you were at MDF this year, you know how (dare I say?) magical the performance was. It was hard to put them so low, especially since I feel their show outshined the next band I will be reviewing by quite a bit (whom was also at MDF). If you miss these guys anytime they tour then you are missing out.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Fuck you.

Saw Saint Vitus in September with Weedeater and Sourvein. Albeit no rain, a most religious experience it was.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Hell, let's do two tonight

11. Haemorrhage

May 26
The Sonar
Maryland Death Fest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ITw6_YeqI

Well, this was probably one of the biggest surprises of the year. Going into MDF I had no idea who Haemorrhage was. I had a couple friends who would throw their name around, but I never got the chance to look them up.

My friend headed back to the Hotel to clean up and drop off his merch before they took the stage... oh he regretted it. As they started I texted him "DUDE!! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! THESE GUYS KICK ASS!" Luckily he still caught them.

Their show was so fun, and I'm not even a huge fan of their style of music, but their set made me an instant fan. The blood, the grind, the nurse , all of those sure make for a great show. Out of all the bands that played, they were one of the ones who stood out the most. Not only because of their live performance, but it was something I had never heard of and was unaware of how fun it would be.

I think the day I got home I ordered their two latest albums, still two albums that I can listen to as many times through and not get tired of

(seriously, me and my g/f went to Iron Maiden and listened to Hospital Carnage about three times through, I asked if she wanted me to change it and she said "NO! This is good!)

I really hope they do a full on US tour, I would love to see them again.
I'm surprised he made it back in time for a grindcore band to finish their set

Anyways, check out General Surgery, I think you'll like them as well!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM

7. Absu

May 24
Maryland Death Fest X

*cue Proscriptor scream* At number 7, ABSU. Absu is without a doubt my favorite band, and when they got added to MDF I HAD to go (srsly guyz, they got added, I bought tickets).

Now you may be asking, or may not be, "WHY DID YOU PUT YOUR FAVORITE BAND SO LOW!?" Well, even thought it was absulutely amazing to see them again, it was a bit of a rough set. Ezezu seemed a bit exhausted and ran out of breath a lot, and some dude punched me in the nuts during the second or third song . Yes, those two things made it not as enjoyable. I was pretty much right up front, and some drunk assclown standing next to me was swinging his arms and WHAM, right in the baby maker.

Aside from those negative things, it was still a great show. Proscriptor seemed on top of it, and their set was solid (but no "Highland Tyrant Attack"??? COME ON!). I really wanted to meet Proscriptor and Ezezu since they both commented on one of my Absu covers a couple years ago, but missed my one chance WHEN THEY WERE RIGHT NEXT TO ME

Anyways, great set, great performance, great pain. I cannot wait for them to do another US tour. A member of Weapon hinted at something in the works, but I haven't heard anything since then.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
7. Absu

May 24
Maryland Death Fest X

*cue Proscriptor scream* At number 7, ABSU. Absu is without a doubt my favorite band, and when they got added to MDF I HAD to go (srsly guyz, they got added, I bought tickets).

Now you may be asking, or may not be, "WHY DID YOU PUT YOUR FAVORITE BAND SO LOW!?" Well, even thought it was absulutely amazing to see them again, it was a bit of a rough set. Ezezu seemed a bit exhausted and ran out of breath a lot, and some dude punched me in the nuts during the second or third song . Yes, those two things made it not as enjoyable. I was pretty much right up front, and some drunk assclown standing next to me was swinging his arms and WHAM, right in the baby maker.

Aside from those negative things, it was still a great show. Proscriptor seemed on top of it, and their set was solid (but no "Highland Tyrant Attack"??? COME ON!). I really wanted to meet Proscriptor and Ezezu since they both commented on one of my Absu covers a couple years ago, but missed my one chance WHEN THEY WERE RIGHT NEXT TO ME

Anyways, great set, great performance, great pain. I cannot wait for them to do another US tour. A member of Weapon hinted at something in the works, but I haven't heard anything since then.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Been meaning to type up more, but I have been having wrist issues and cannot spend much time on the computer

I'll attempt to post one via Xbox Live app

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Been meaning to type up more, but I have been having wrist issues and cannot spend much time on the computer

I'll attempt to post one via Xbox Live app
Ever think about switching hands when you're alone every once in a while?

In all seriousness though, hope your wrist gets better man (especially since you're a goddamn drummer). Great list so far!
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter