Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

See I like Volbeat but I can agree with Zach about Black Veil Brides. They make wanna be AFI music and are some of the biggest assholes I've seen just based on their performance on Golden God Awards last year.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Somewhere in the ballpark of 1,000,000 albums are released a year and most of you probably hear somewhere around 20 of them so please don't pretend you have anything resembling a valid opinion about your least favorite bands. You haven't heard your least favorite band, because they're opening the bill at a four-band local metalcore show in Hamilton, Ontario.
Good to know Maiden33 has been replaced as the resident downer of the board!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Interesting fact: they both have maiden in their nickname...
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahaha

And yes, they (and grunge in general) absolutely killed hair metal. Very thoroughly. And the world was better for it.
Of course you don't believe me,since you hate hair metal.Anyway,if Nirvana killed hair metal so badly,then why was it that the following year that Nevermind was released Def Leppard released Adrenalize that had four top 40 hits?why did FireHouse have a top 40 hit in 1995?why are there many hair bands still around today,some of the them still playing arenas?why are there many new hair bands having great success in the underground?some new hair bands are actually scoring top 40 hits in other countries outside of America.I'm sure you have tons of smart alec answers to this,but no matter what you or anybody says I'll always believe hair metal is still alive.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM

other artist I forgot about that aren't metal/rock are Lady Gaga,Adele,Maroon 5,Katy Perry,and Taylor Swift.Lady Gaga is just weird,that's all I got to say about her,Adele might have a lot of talent,but her songs have been played to the dirt so much that I just cannot stand her,not much I need to say about Maroon 5 except they are rockstar-wannabes,and Taylor Swift was guilty pleasure for me when she released her first country pop album,but now she is just a pure pop artist and just keeps writing about the same stuff for every song she has,and its annoying.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Of course you don't believe me,since you hate hair metal.Anyway,if Nirvana killed hair metal so badly,then why was it that the following year that Nevermind was released Def Leppard released Adrenalize that had four top 40 hits?why did FireHouse have a top 40 hit in 1995?why are there many hair bands still around today,some of the them still playing arenas?why are there many new hair bands having great success in the underground?some new hair bands are actually scoring top 40 hits in other countries outside of America.I'm sure you have tons of smart alec answers to this,but no matter what you or anybody says I'll always believe hair metal is still alive.
When people say that Nirvana killed hair metal they mean it in the context that hair metal was the 'big thing' in rock at the time. Grunge introduced the average listener to a heavier sound than had ever been popular in the mainstream. The more heavily distorted guitar and less intelligible vocal delivery were new things to 'mainstream' or 'radio rock'. Sure, it's not like everyone who was into hair and glam metal stopped listening to it or attending concerts, but the total dominance of it as the primary form of modern rock music on MTV and radio of that era was coming to a close. So it's not so much that grunge killed off hair metal, it just began to signal a change in the style of popular rock music.

My only question would be: what new hair metal bands are finding success in the underground?
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
When people say that Nirvana killed hair metal they mean it in the context that hair metal was the 'big thing' in rock at the time. Grunge introduced the average listener to a heavier sound than had ever been popular in the mainstream. The more heavily distorted guitar and less intelligible vocal delivery were new things to 'mainstream' or 'radio rock'. Sure, it's not like everyone who was into hair and glam metal stopped listening to it or attending concerts, but the total dominance of it as the primary form of modern rock music on MTV and radio of that era was coming to a close. So it's not so much that grunge killed off hair metal, it just began to signal a change in the style of popular rock music.

My only question would be: what new hair metal bands are finding success in the underground?
Crashdiet,Hardcore Superstar,Crazy Lixx,etc.,they're big in Sweden,but have a huge fan base,even in America.Of course there is Steel Panther,but they aren't really underground.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I never got why people say they hate a band just because they play their songs on the radio a lot.

That's saying like oh I hate pizza because I eat it twice a week.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Seriously. If you hate hearing a song on the radio, turn the fucking radio off.