Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Feb. 26th @ The Key Club in Hollywood, CA.

I'm there!
YEAH BUDDY! Key Club is the perfect place on the strip for SOD, having no barrier will great.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM
One who onions things

Just got this email from this new lineup's PR company. Should be on blabbermouth soon.

Subsequent to the demise of reunited NYC hardcore/speed metal legends Stormtroopers Of Death, two of the four members of the brutal faction have set out to forge a new path of punishment in 2013.

UNITED FORCES unites S.O.D.’s bassist Danny Lilker (Brutal Truth, Nuclear Assault, Nunfuckritual, Lock-Up,ex-Anthrax) and notorious frontman Billy Milano (Method Of Destruction), the longtime cohorts taking their mayhem to new turf. Milano and Lilker recruited two additional henchmen to help carry out their forthcoming disorder, with the thunderous Nick Barker (Lock-Up, Ancient, ex-Cradle of Filth, ex-Dimmu Borgir) on percussive duties, and Anton Reisenegger (Criminal, Pentagram Chile, Extreme Noise Terror, Lock Up) handling guitars. With Lilker located in upstate New York, Milano in central Texas, Barker in England and Reisenegger in Spain, details on the outfit’s plans concerning touring or recording remain unknown, but UNITED FORCES is, without question, a pending force with which to be dealt.

Notes vocalist Billy Milano on the eclectic union of metal soldiers: “I’m not out to reinvent myself at my age. I just want to have a lot of fun with this. We called it UNITED FORCES because we’re located all over the place, in different countries, but this is something we’re going to come together for.” Added four-string assaulter Danny Lilker: "It's gonna be really fun to get together with some good friends -- who are also great musicians -- and play some earsplitting, hardcore-tinged thrash metal! And obviously, we know how to do just that."

At this year’s installment of the Fun Fun Fun fest in Austin, Texas, modern thrash heavyweights Municipal Waste were joined by Lilker and Milano onstage to help unleash the S.O.D. staple “United Forces.” Check out the carnage HERE.

Future UNITED FORCES plans will be revealed in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
That Guy

I got this email too. I hope this comes around my neck of the woods. it will be the closest thing I'd get to seeing S.O.D. live.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

If those 2 dudes are coming that far then they should might as well do a United Forces /Lock Up Tour. Plz.
11/02-Forward/Condition?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
If those 2 dudes are coming that far then they should might as well do a United Forces /Lock Up Tour. Plz.
That would be so amazing!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM
N00B

Hey guys, as someone completely unfamiliar with S.O.D. (aside from knowing half of Anthrax was in it), can anyone explain Billy Milano to me? He seems to be a bit of a controversial figure, but I can't seem to get much info about why.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Hey guys, as someone completely unfamiliar with S.O.D. (aside from knowing half of Anthrax was in it), can anyone explain Billy Milano to me? He seems to be a bit of a controversial figure, but I can't seem to get much info about why.
If I recall correctly, a good chunk of it comes from the satirical lyrics from the band (see the lyrics to Speak English or Die, Kill Yourself, and Fuck the Middle East for examples) that some people took at face value.

I could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

EDIT: If you feel like it, go ahead and check out the full album (there's some space between songs, sorry):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcFq2Iz8QBQ
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds

Last edited by RampinUp46; 12-24-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Resident Slamologist.

That's part of it, the main part is that later on Milano started buying into his own shtick and he became the xenophobic, right-wing jingoistic nutjob that he was parodying.

Still, I would totally go see United Forces and do the milano mosh.