Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

King Diamond -- San Francisco, CA -- October 30th, 2014
Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014

  #991  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Not true.

I have zero problem with the song, the problem is every song on the album sounds like this! the only song to have any kind of tempo change or double bass is Planets. the rest is like I said, Mid career era Megadeth.
I agree. I'd even take it a step further and compare it to Metallica's Black Album. Very simplified and homogenized and too radio friendly for me personally.

Not that I hate The Black Album but when I want to listen to Metallica I go for the older stuff. And YoungandWild is right. Total Sad But True rip off...
__________________
11/17 - Static, PM5K & Head Charge
11/19 - Slipknot
11/30 - Hed PE
12/10 - Chevelle
Reply With Quote
  #992  
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,093
Just found out about this cool doom/sludge band from Portland called Wounded Giant. Kinda like Melvins crossed with Weedeater and Sleep. Their album Lightning Medicine is pretty awesome.
__________________
Skeletonwitch/Ghoul - 9/23
Saviours/Hazzard's Cure - 9/28
Raven - 10/20
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Reply With Quote
  #993  
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 AM
imanidiot777 imanidiot777 is offline
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Not true.

I have zero problem with the song, the problem is every song on the album sounds like this! the only song to have any kind of tempo change or double bass is Planets. the rest is like I said, Mid career era Megadeth.
Shepherd of Fire has tempo. And if you think back to Nightmare, there weren't that many fast songs, maybe 3 or 4 of the 11-12 songs.
__________________
5/13 BLS / Down
Reply With Quote
  #994  
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 AM
imanidiot777 imanidiot777 is offline
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I don't care what anybody says, this new A7X album totally rocks! Is it just me or does "This Means War" sound like Sad But True but with cooler riffs?
It sounds too close to Sad But Ture IMO, but I do like the song anyways.
__________________
5/13 BLS / Down
Reply With Quote
  #995  
Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,746
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
http://www.pathologymusic.com/audio-player


New Pathology song. Matti sounds fucking brutal. I'm stoked.
Not a bad tune, nice to hear Matti actually sayign words instead of the "ooo skooo skooo skooo reee" that was so prevalent on the Abomonibal Putridity album. Still was a solid album, though.

I liked Pathology's last album w/ Huber, and I think I'll dig this one, too.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #996  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Nater Nater is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sanford, Maine
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Not a bad tune, nice to hear Matti actually sayign words instead of the "ooo skooo skooo skooo reee" that was so prevalent on the Abomonibal Putridity album. Still was a solid album, though.

I liked Pathology's last album w/ Huber, and I think I'll dig this one, too.


hahahaha that might be the best description of his vocals from that album. I enjoyed it though in a weird, unhuman, kinda way.


Huber nailed the last album. I think he was starting to hit his grove with them but He will find some other brutal/slam band to front. Prolly another Victory signed band to fill the void Pathology left.
Reply With Quote
  #997  
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,746
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
hahahaha that might be the best description of his vocals from that album. I enjoyed it though in a weird, unhuman, kinda way.


Huber nailed the last album. I think he was starting to hit his grove with them but He will find some other brutal/slam band to front. Prolly another Victory signed band to fill the void Pathology left.
My favorite slam album of 2012 it was. AP, I mean.

I thought Huber had announced he's done with music, at least Encylopedia Metallum has that in his info.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #998  
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,614
New Ulver is dam good. That and the new Explosions In The Sky with David Wingo will be in my top ten for the year, methinks.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.

Last edited by Dextrimental; 08-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #999  
Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Nater Nater is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sanford, Maine
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
My favorite slam album of 2012 it was. AP, I mean.

I thought Huber had announced he's done with music, at least Encylopedia Metallum has that in his info.


I just saw that today when I went to see what he was doing. Shame. He will prolly pop up in a couple years.
Reply With Quote
  #1000  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,746
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
I just saw that today when I went to see what he was doing. Shame. He will prolly pop up in a couple years.
Probably. Most metal musicians end up doing that, after they find out working in a less than glamorous job making shite $ is less fun than being in a band and making shite $.

Just listened to the new Pathology song again, and it's pretty good.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008