Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Anaal Nathrakh -- Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec -- November 17th, 2012

Venue: Le Trash
Opening bands: Vaginal Scars, Obscurcis Romancia

Again, I'm late in my school work, so I'll go through the review quickly. I had seen Anaal Nathrakh in Montreal last week, but I wasn't fully satisfied, so I decided to go see them for a second time. I managed to find some people that were going to Saint-Hyacinthe (a small city southeast of Montreal), and we drove there in order to get a second dose of one of our favourite bands. I had heard a lot about it, but it was my first time at Le Trash; it's a nice, pleasant, small bar/venue. It doesn't give you much space, because the bar is very close to the stage and because there are two supporting beams in the middle of the place, but there still were pits for all the bands. The opening band was Vaginal Scars, a brutal/old-school death metal band with whom my band has played twice. Their songs have nothing exceptional, but they were efficient (they played a cover of "Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog" as always, it was cool), but the sound sucked and their drummer still has to improve. It was my first time seeing them with their new singer and he did a good job. Next were the band that the promoter put on tour with AN; Obscurcis Romancia. They had bored me at the Foufounes Électriques last wednesday, so I decided to hang out with some friends in their car instead of watching them. I catched the last song and I have to say their were tighter and more comfortable than the last time, but they're still not my thing. The last opener was Montreal's technical death metal rising stars Beyond Creation. They played a surprisingly long set, but it was fun. The new songs were excellent. Their new drummer (Phil from First Fragment) had the difficult task of replacing Guyot Bégin-Benoit, pretty much a virtuoso, but he did very well. In fact, every musician of the band is extremely skilled and they were all fun to watch shred/jazz the fuck out of their instruments. For "Le Détenteur", Youri of Unhuman went on stage and did his alien/insect vocals. However, the muddy sound of the venue made their complex arrangements difficult to understand, especially in the new tunes. After their set, I finally got to chat with Mick Kenney and Dave Hunt. Usually, I'm no fanboy, but this time I was speaking to two of my musical heroes, so it was different. Both of them were really nice and interesting, and they signed my booklet of The Codex Necro. I also talked with the touring members after the show, and they were all nice people too. If you want to know how their performance was, you should read my review of the Montreal show, because this time it was similar, only better. The sound was more brutal (except for "The Final Absolution", where they lost the kick drums), you could hear both guitars really well and the intimate small bar ambiance made it even more fun. Also, this time I cared less about the set and just fully enjoyed the sheer apocalyptic brutality of their performance. The pits were small, but violent - I have many bruises that prove it, and there were some stage dive (almost all done by Youri). I had a wonderful time once again and the band also seems be having one on their canadian tour. I still can't believe I have seen this band not only once, but twice. It might sound cheesy, but it was like a dream coming true.

Beyond Creation

No Request for the Corrupted
(new song)
Chromatic Horizon
Omnipresent Perception
Earthborn Evolution (new song)
The Aura
Neurotical Transmission (new song)
Coexistence
Le Détenteur
Injustice Revealed

Anaal Nathrakh

In the Constellation of the Black Widow
The Blood-Dimmed Tide
Between Shit and Piss We Are Born
Volenti Non Fit Iniuria
The Final Absolution
Submission Is for the Weak
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes
Forging Towards the Sunset
The Lucifer Effect
When Fire Rains Down from the Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown
Of Fire, and Fucking Pigs
More of Fire than Blood

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 AM
...the dead are among us!

You lucky canuck bastard. Sounded like a great time.
1/22 - Vattnet Viskar
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?

Tags
anaal nathrakh, beyond creation