Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014
Norma Jean -- Lansing, MI -- August 11th, 2014

Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Buahahahahaha

Arthur von Nagel exits Cormorant

Quote:
It is with great deference and gratitude to our fans and supporters that I announce my departure from Cormorant. After the overwhelming reception for Dwellings and national tours with longtime personal heroes, I feel fortunate to end this chapter of my life on a high note. Nick, Brennan, and Matt will continue to write and perform as Cormorant with my full support. The albums we created together were very personal to all of us, and I know the music they are composing now is of the same passion and honesty. I cherish our time working together, and I wish them the best.

I am taking a break from music to pursue my career in video games—another lifelong passion. Since May of this year, I have been at Telltale Games, hard at work on The Walking Dead episodic adventure series. Contributing to the game’s development has afforded me artistic fulfillment I never thought possible professionally. Thanks to the many colleagues I count as friends and projects I care deeply about, I look forward to going to work every morning for the first time in my life.

I have nothing but the most sincere thanks to our fans. You are incredible. From the Lebanese diehard metalhead who smuggled his contraband Metazoa CD in from Saudi Arabia, to the gentleman of indigenous Australian descent who wrote to tell us how profoundly “The First Man” had affected him, knowing that we’ve forged a connection with people through our music is the most gratifying. I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to perform for our fans across the US this year. Meeting you all in person was a true pleasure. I only regret that a worldwide tour wasn’t possible!

I’d like to thank the sound engineers and producers who made us sound our best, the publicists and journalists who wrote so beautifully about us, the visual artists who brought our music to life, the promoters who included us on such wonderful bills, and the bands with whom we shared the stage. While I have always taken great pride in Cormorant’s independence, so much of the band’s success is owed to your support. I look forward to attending future Cormorant shows from the other side of the stage.
http://valleyofsteel.net/2012/11/13/...el-exits-band/

I'm seriously distraught. I wish him the best on his future endeavors, but seriously this fucking sucks man.
8/30 Whirr
9/3 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Punch (?)
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Buahahahahaha

From the band

Quote:
We would like to collectively thank Arthur for his contributions to Cormorant over the years and wish him well in his future endeavors. He was an important part of the band and worked very hard to help get us where we are today, and we’re grateful for all his efforts, both musically and professionally.

As for the future of Cormorant, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve been diligently working on new material and currently have 5 songs in various stages of completion. These new tunes are a further progression from the music on Dwellings, with more pronounced doom and black metal influences. We’re looking forward to recording new material sometime in 2013. As for replacing Arthur, our focus is entirely on writing new music right now. Obviously a replacement will be announced in the coming months, but for now, we feel strong and confident as a trio and are enjoying writing some of the best music we’ve ever written. Cormorant has always been (and will always be) a collective effort between the musicians involved. The band started as a 3-piece, then evolved to a 4-piece, and now it’s time for the third incarnation. Will Cormorant sound different now that our former vocalist/bassist/lyricist is no longer involved? Unquestionably. But our music has always been based on consistent progression, and the future will be no different. Dwellings sounds vastly different than Metazoa, which in turn sounds entirely different than The Last Tree. Our forthcoming work will reflect this progression, and we’re very excited about the prospect of experimenting with new vocal approaches, bass stylings and lyrical content.

As we move forward, we want to reiterate our gratitude for our amazing fans. We know how fortunate we are, and we plan to continue earning your support. Cormorant will continue to write, record and perform music until the fucking wheels come off, because that’s more important to us than just about anything else in life. We will bring you new music before 2013 is over, and we will add a new musician (or musicians!) to the band who will take our sound to the next level. Horns up!

–Brennan, Matt and Nick
8/30 Whirr
9/3 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Punch (?)
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM
...the dead are among us!

That's too bad, but it's cool that he's working at Telltale. Their The Walking Dead game is awesome and canonical with the graphic novels, not the boring TV show.

Hopefully Cormorant can snag a good replacement and continue to put out stellar material. Time will tell...
10/3 - Prosanctus Inferi / Horrendous
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
One who onions things

I'm happy I got to see them and talk to them/interview them all before Arthur left. I have total confidence in Nick, Matt and Brennan though, the next album is still going to be a killer- I'm especially psyched to hear them go in a doomier direction.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Man, that really sucks. Arthur was so cool when I met him and actually came up to me and initiated a conversation because I had a Cormorant shirt on. Coincidentally, I was listening to The Last Tree when I saw this.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

:'(
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
not the boring TV show.
Get the fuck outta here.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Get the fuck outta here.
I should have said comparatively. I find the graphic novels to be more compelling. I still watch the show too.
10/3 - Prosanctus Inferi / Horrendous
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Fuck.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfrNmiRjc8

But seriously, I wish him the best.

Last edited by AnataFan4Life; 11-14-2012 at 05:53 AM.