Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Napalm Death -- Montreal, Quebec -- October 31st, 2012

Venue: Foufounes Électriques

After getting some concert tickets, I went to Foufs and talked to a few people there. The main subject was obliviously the cancellation of Exhumed's performance, whom had been stuck for hours at the canadian border, just to learn they had been denied entry. I heard that some of the members had DUI's, but still, those customs officers are getting on my nerves lately (the same thing happened to Morbid Angel not so long ago). Anyway, the show's start time was moved from 7:30 to 8:00, which gave me time to put on my garbage collector costume (for the Waste!) and chat a little bit longer with my friends who were there. Vektor then started playing and they totally blew my expectations. Their complex song arrangements were played masterfully, without any noticable mistake, the sound was crystal clear, but still hard-hitting, and David DiSanto's voice was impeccable. Also, they still retained their wierd sci-fi horror atmosphere live; the frontman's speech about how they destroyed planets or something like that before "Asteroid" was ridiculous. These alien thrashers surely made themselves a bunch of new fans on their first ever trek into Canada. I wanted to buy both of their CDs, but I had left my wallet at the coat-check and when I came back at the end of the show, they had sold them out.

Since there was no Exhumed, it was time for the mighty Municipal Waste. The venue was extremely packed for them (including the balcony upstairs - the show was sold out). They set up their gear and then went off stage and only came back about 15-20 minutes later. After many intro tracks, including the Ghostbusters' theme song, they went on stage fully desguised. Dave was dressed as the Pillsbury guy, Phil as Superman, Ryan as some kind of redneck rocker, and Tony as a french man with a huge hammer. Speaking of the hammer, he used it throughout the set to smash many fruits and vegetables: apples, tomatos, oranges, watermelons, pumpkins (of course), and even a Hellyeah CD! That's what I call Halloween spirit! The band was extremely funny, making jokes throughout their performance, and they were highly energetic. The crowd seemed to absorb that energy and multiply it. This was probably the most violent show I've ever been to: the pits were enormous, wild and filled with an abnormous quantity of people, which made it difficult to move and not to fall down, while making them strongly enjoyable. You just had to throw yourself mindlessly into the meelee without worrying about what would happen next. You also had to watch your head, because there was nearly a stage dive each second. I've been hit many times myself, and my right ear is still (litterally) bleeding. During "Born to Party", I stage dived, and then two other people dived right on me and we all hit the floor. It hurted as hell and I had trouble walking for a while after that. Nevertheless, the Waste's performance was one of the most crazy and fun I've witnessed.

Following such an outstanding show is a difficult task, and if someone could do it, it was definitelty the grindcore legends Napalm Death. The crowd was apparently tired: many people had moved from the floor to the balcony, the pits were less full and the stage dives were less frequent. However, the pits were still active (and this time you had more space to move) and people still went fucking crazy for songs like "Unchallenged Hate", "Suffer the Children", "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" and "Scum". Unlike Municipal Waste, Napalm Death focused more on the musical aspect than on the visual/entertaining part of the show. For example, the had no costumes; as Barney said: "We're Europeans... more reserved". Although the pure party atmosphere was gone, I have to say that Mr. Greenway is one of the most sympathetic frontmen out there. Thus, his voice is brutal live. The Brummies' performance was crushing and it closed the night almost perfectly. My only complaints would be that the guitar wasn't loud enough, and that the set could have been a bit longer, but after such an exhausting evening, a break was welcome. In conclusion, Napalm Death fucking destroyed everything, but their MDF performance was better, due to the better crowd, the better sound and the outdoor factor.

Anyhow, this was a memorable concert and it probaly will have its place in my top 10 of the best ones I've seen so far.

Vektor

Destroying the Cosmos
Fast Paced Society
Dark Creations, Dead Creators
Forests of Legend
Asteroid

Municipal Waste

Headbanger Face Rip
Mind Eraser
Terror Shark
You're Cut Off
Beer Pressure
Idiot Check
Thrashing's My Business... And Business Is Good
Wolves of Chernobyl
The Fatal Feast
Black Ice / The Monster With 21 Faces / The Inebriator
Sadistic Magician
Wrong Answer
United Forces (S.O.D. cover)
Unleash the Bastards
Born to Party

Napalm Death

Circumspect
Errors in the Signals
Everyday Pox
Can't Play, Won't Pay
Protection Racket
Silence Is Deafening
The Wolf I Feed
Fatalist
Practice What You Preach
Quarantined
Dead
Deceiver
When All Is Said and Done
Unchallenged Hate
Nom de Guerre
Suffer the Children
Breed to Breathe
Nazi Punks Fuck Off (Dead Kennedys cover)
Scum
Human Garbage
You Suffer
Instinct of Survival

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 AM
N00B

Nice review, sounds like an awesome time.

I had hoped that all bands would have added another 2 songs to their set to make up for Exhumed but it doesn't look like that is the case.
04/24 - Nile
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0unds View Post
Nice review, sounds like an awesome time.

I had hoped that all bands would have added another 2 songs to their set to make up for Exhumed but it doesn't look like that is the case.
Yeah, Vektor added one, but that's it. Municipal Waste and Napalm Death both took very long to set up, which is probably why they didn't play longer.

Also, MW may have played "Deathripper", I can't remember.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM
N00B

Fuck, my whole body hurts today, but best Halloween ever!

Best quotes of the night:

"I really like this band, but I like Smashing Pumpkins more" BOOOOOM

"Hellyeah? How about Hell no!" BOOOOOM

I really want a hammer like that now.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Altars of Radness

Great review, sounds like an awesome way to spend Halloween!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

I keep getting more and more excited for my date. Sorry about Exhumed tho :/. Hopefully you catch em soon. The Hellyeah thing must of been something.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Exhumed should have stayed in VT and played another night!

I'm glad I bought the Vektor Cd's while they had them!! They were awesome the other night.

Sounds like Tony dressed like the comedian Gallagher. Check out his act on Youtube. Funny stuff. I have said that Gwar and Gallagher should tour together.

When Fouf is packed it is fun!!

I'm glad you had a good time!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
Sounds like Tony dressed like the comedian Gallagher. Check out his act on Youtube. Funny stuff. I have said that Gwar and Gallagher should tour together.
Aaah, that's it! Thanks!

Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Vektor played Black Future and Telestructural Minds for us.

United Forces must have been cool!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
All Go, No Slow!

ryan was dog the bounty hunter.
11/08 - Backslider
17/08 - The Sword.

Tags
exhumed, municipal waste, napalm death, vektor