Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Elton John -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 13th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Something tells me if this was a band that 95% of the people on here didn't hate, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. The same stupid comments end up happening anytime SS or any other band like them is brought up, rather it be in death or whatever. This isn't surprising. I saw this breaking down (no pun intended) sooner or later. Never fails.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Not related to this one incident in particular but I find the comments of just "R.I.P." (like what you see frequently on Blabbermouth) to be more offensive than what Manks said (besides the joke). It's like, you really couldn't put more effort into it than a 6 keystroke acronym. It just always seems completely insincere to me.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Something tells me if this was a band that 95% of the people on here didn't hate, this wouldn't be that big of a deal.
That's my point. This is a band most of us hate, so why does everyone feel the need to comment? Yes, when Dio died a bunch of us had something to say, because Dio was important to us. This guy isn't, so I don't get why everyone feels like they should say something. I'm not saying badmouth the guy like you did when he was alive, that's just cold. I'm saying just say nothing. It's not disrespectful to say nothing. It's more disrespectful to, as Trout said, just throw up an insincere "R.I.P." because the reality is it's some you don't actually care about.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
Not gonna get into all the other stuff in this thread, but it sucks when anyone dies this young and leaves kids behind. R.I.P. and I hope for the best for his family.
/\/\/\ Thats it. I understand if you are not a fan, I don't own one song from SS. But if you post in here at all and its insincere or disrespectful it just shows a lack of character imo. Either post your respects or let it go and do something else positive with your time. While this guy wasn't like Dime or Dio was to me, he may have been revered like that by others. I certainly wouldn't want anyone disrespecting the legacy of Dime or Dio so I personally try to be respectful of most everyone unless I have a valid reason not to be.

Regardless of any one persons opinion on his music, he was a son, father, brother, band mate... even a music hero to some.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 11-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Altars of Radness

I guess I'll share a little tidbit.

Four years ago today was the first time I saw Suicide Silence. It was the last date of their headlining tour for The Cleansing, at the House of Blues in Hollywood. At the time I was really into deathcore and the band played a big role in my developing interest in metal, as well as my high school years in general. They were one of the first bands I really got into, and it helped expose me to a new world of music. I had never heard anybody that sounded like Mitch. I loved his vocals and seeing him live was really an experience. Personally I only got to meet him once, but he lived just down the street from my high school, so my friends would often see him around. One of my friends would babysit his daughter while the band was on tour. I can't comment much on him as a person, but he seemed like a nice guy. When I met him he took the time to take pictures with everybody and chat a little, even though his ride was waiting on him. It's crazy how things like this happen, and it goes without saying that this is a tragic ending. I feel terrible for his family, especially his daughter, who is very young. Anyway... I guess I'm rambling, but I wanted to share my feelings on this. Rest in peace, Mitch.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I guess I'll share a little tidbit.

Four years ago today was the first time I saw Suicide Silence. It was the last date of their headlining tour for The Cleansing, at the House of Blues in Hollywood. At the time I was really into deathcore and the band played a big role in my developing interest in metal, as well as my high school years in general. They were one of the first bands I really got into, and it helped expose me to a new world of music. I had never heard anybody that sounded like Mitch. I loved his vocals and seeing him live was really an experience. Personally I only got to meet him once, but he lived just down the street from my high school, so my friends would often see him around. One of my friends would babysit his daughter while the band was on tour. I can't comment much on him as a person, but he seemed like a nice guy. When I met him he took the time to take pictures with everybody and chat a little, even though his ride was waiting on him. It's crazy how things like this happen, and it goes without saying that this is a tragic ending. I feel terrible for his family, especially his daughter, who is very young. Anyway... I guess I'm rambling, but I wanted to share my feelings on this. Rest in peace, Mitch.
That sounds like it hit a bit closer to home for you than the rest of us. I used to help Pantera out with a few things. Met/Hung with Dime numerous times. When he was murdered his abscence left a void that no one has been able to fill. One of the parts of life that sucks.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 AM
N00B

Fuck, I still can't believe this actually happened.
Sure I got over their music a while ago, but Suicide Silence got me into extreme music and honestly their music brings back some amazing memories. One of the main parts of their music that always stood out to me was Mitchs vocals. I was lucky to have seen them 3 times and have met them once. It's truly a shame, RIP.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

http://www.metalinjection.net/editor...h-been-avoided

...Well fuck.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I heard about how he and his wife got in a fight and he stormed out of the house drunk and got in an accident. It sucks that it could've been avoided but at least he didn't harm anyone in the process.