Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

  #1  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:27 AM
snowdog2112's Avatar
snowdog2112 snowdog2112 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 225
RUSH to tour in 2015

http://t.co/5lQWEM5HCERush wrapped up their worldwide Clockwork Angels tour just seven months ago, but they're already planning a lengthy "41st anniversary" tour for 2015, according to guitarist Alex Lifeson. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."
The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things." ...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:30 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,321
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
http://t.co/5lQWEM5HCERush wrapped up their worldwide Clockwork Angels tour just seven months ago, but they're already planning a lengthy "41st anniversary" tour for 2015, according to guitarist Alex Lifeson. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."
The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things." ...
41st anniversary... gotta love Rush.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:36 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,694
Yes.




Greatest hits type tour I assume, which is fine with me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Wrecking Crew Wrecking Crew is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Greatest hits type tour I assume, which is fine with me.
Therein lies the problem, Rush fans are notoriously fragmented about what their favorite period of the band is. I mean some people even like Hold Your Fire which I find inexplicable.

Plus they already did 2 greatest hits type tours in the last 10 years (30th anniversary and Time Machine tour) so they need to do something different with this. I hope they do something off the wall like this last tour where they pull out a lot of old songs that hadn't been played in 15-20 years. I have seen them 10 times and will not go for another greatest hits setlist that I have probably already seen multiple times.
__________________
5/9 - Slayer/Suicidal Tendencies/Exodus
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,694
I'm just saying I'd rather have a greatest hits tour than a Clockwork Angles tour.





I've only seen them during the S&A 2008 tour.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,054
Neat! I am a very causal fan of Rush but if they hit Denver on this which I'm sure they will, I'll go just to see one music's icons
__________________
04/23 Ghost
05/05 Mastodon/Gojira (maybe)
05/10 Slayer
05/23 Tribute band night: One(Metallica)/Hallowed Screams(Slayer)
06/07 Havok
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM
sfhui sfhui is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 168
something big for me to look forward to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-2014, 12:49 PM
marker's Avatar
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 477
I wish they would do at least one song from every album, that's a good way to balance it out somewhat. We all know it's impossible to please everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:11 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Would like to see them, but tix will probably be insane
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Would like to see them, but tix will probably be insane
I've only seen them from "the lawn" and paid 25-30 bucks. Probably gonna drop more for decent seats when it comes around. I'm always for more 70's material so I'm hoping it swings back that way after the Clockwork tour.
It might get a little more expensive but there is only so big of a Rush fanbase.
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008