Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 AM
One who onions things

Death Angel -- Hollywood, CA -- October 19th, 2012

Fantastic performance from Death Angel. I interviewed Ted before the show which was fun, and DA even hooked me up with 2 tickets so I was able to get both me and my friend in for free, fuck yeah! The first bands we saw were pretty mediocre thrashbaby bands, standard fare for the Whisky. The first touring act, Potential Threat were pretty good groove thrash and Threat Signal were really really bad. DA were phenomenal, maybe not as amazing as the SF show in 2011, but still just beyond awesome. They were onstage for close to two hours, and goofed around a lot during the encore set. They threw
in some short 80s covers like Beliver by Ozzy, and Dynamite by Scorpions which ruled so hard. Mark was bashed by the end but his performance was still awesome as hell. Will was also bleeding from the mouth for some reason. This was such an awesome set though, and probably one of my favorite of 2012 so far. Also playing all of the Ultra Violence turned out to be fucking amazing, the title track was spectacular and I finally got to hear Kill as One and Voracious Souls.

Thrashers
Evil Priest
Voracious Souls
Kill as One
The Ultra-Violence
Mistress of Pain
Final Death
I.P.F.S.
Encore:
Relentless Revolution
Claws In So Deep
Truce
3rd Floor
Seemingly Endless Time
Bored / Heaven And Hell
Thrown to the Wolves
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 10-25-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Altars of Radness

That's awesome they gave you free tickets, but it sucks you had to sit through all of those opening bands. Also, they played Seemingly Endless Time before Bored. Here is my review:

Death Angel is one of those bands that I had yet to see, despite the fact that they have played here numerous times over the past few years. In fact, I can't think of many bands that have played here more than they have in that time frame. Once this tour was announced I knew that no matter what I was going to this show. There was no way I was going to miss them playing The Ultra-Violence, one of my favorite albums, in its entirety.

This show was booked at the Whisky a Go Go, a fitting place for a special setlist and this was the first time the band had played there. The support bands for this tour were weak so I opted to show up late. I got in the venue only a few minutes before Death Angel started. It was perfect timing for me, but I did not intend to cut it that close. They came on stage and burst into "Thrashers" and then bulldozed onward with "Evil Priest" and then my favorite, "Voracious Souls." The adrenaline in the room was tremendous, as the crowd was going insane and screaming the lyrics. Mark took a moment to thank the crowd and said something along the lines of, "You guys just get it. Other cities could learn from you." I can only imagine how much more chaotic it would have been if the Whisky allowed stage diving. The band was feeding off the intensity as they continued with "Kill as One," which incited more singing along. All of the members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they gave all the energy back to the crowd. They all worked the stage, going back and forth and headbanging the entire time. Rob was nailing the shredding solos and even with all the energy they put out they still managed to sound incredibly tight.

Next Mark vacated the stage as the rest of the band proceeded with the ten and a half minute instrumental riff attack, "The Ultra-Violence." Then they finished off the rest of the album and after a short break they returned for more. They played a few songs from Relentless Retribution and then they went into "3rd Floor," followed by "Seemingly Endless Time." Mark thanked everybody again and said that in the nearly three years that they've been touring, this was one of the best shows they've played. Then a guy came on stage and gave them all Jäger shots. They started playing a bunch of parts from cover songs and then they were brought a second round. After some more partial covers they played "Bored." Near the end of the song they transitioned into "Heaven and Hell," which the crowd sang along to. They finished the rest of "Bored" and then closed the set with "Thrown to the Wolves," near the end of which Ted went into the center of the pit while playing. It was an amazing show and before leaving the stage Mark said to the crowd, "Thank you for the most memorable night we've ever had in Southern California."
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
One who onions things

Edited the setlist accordingly, thank you sir! I'm really jealous of my bay area friends though, I'm sure Death Angel are gonna royally fuck up Oakland tonight.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Altars of Radness

The Whisky has uploaded some videos of Death Angel.

Thrashers
Evil Priest
Voracious Souls
Old 10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
N00B

Thanks for the reviews guys! The setlist looks amazing.

I'm seeing them tonight in Sacramento. Can't wait!

Tags
death angel, potential threat, threat signal