Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM
not the mama

Agalloch -- New London, CT -- October 13th, 2012

This was part of a 3-Day festival at the El N Gee in New London CT called Winter Is Coming. Agalloch was the headliner of the second day. I don't have any other sets from the festival, feel free to add some if you find them. I watched Obsidian Tongue, i think Autolatry, and Fen. None of which even impressed me. I thought Fen was a pretty poor live act. I liked the first couple of songs but then every song started to sound the same imo and it just got worse and worse as their set went on. The crowd was better than I expected for a black metal fest. I expected lots of inverted crosses and corpse paint and I didn't even see one person with that. The venue was pretty empty even though it was such a small venue. Agalloch was the biggest band to play so obviously they had the biggest crowd (of the 2nd day at least) and the room still could've packed way more people in. The sound was surprisingly very good for a small club like that, I was impressed, no sound issues at all with the bands I watched.

The Agalloch setlist was really nothing special at all since it was their first time playing CT. Very similar to the Summer tour.

Agalloch set:
Limbs
Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires
Faustian Echoes
Dead Winter Days
Hallways of Enchanted Ebony
As Embers Dress the Sky
You Were But a Ghost in My Arms
Our Fortress is Burning... I
Our Fortress is Burning... II: Bloodbirds
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM

I thought Fen were pretty awesome.

Agalloch was Agalloch. Like you stated above it was essentially the same set as the summer tour minus a few songs, but I still loved it. I'm more familiar with Faustian Echoes this time around and You Were But a Ghost... is still awesome live. Ending with Bloodbirds is amazing.

I agree with the sound being as good as it was. This was my first time at the En n Gee since summer of 2002, so it's always nice to go to a local venue.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

I wish I could have gone to this, there were a lot of bands I want to see playing. I heard it was a good time, but yeah I also heard the turnout wasn't too great.
2/7 Napalm Death

Tags
agalloch