Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014

Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 AM
N00B

Anthrax -- Portland, ME -- October 3rd, 2012

I was planning on going anyways but last week my buddy hit me up telling me he won a couple tickets so there was no planning...just going. I got out of work at 8 picked him up and quickly shuffled up to Portland. Got in just as Testament was finishing the solo to True American Hate. They were loud. Guitars sounded a bit muddied in the mix and vocals seemed low at points but otherwise they were fantastic. On a side note holy shit I didn't know there were so many Anthrax/Testament fans here in maine. It was pretty packed in the state which is a shock to me. Ok Back to the show. Wonderful stuff. My friend had never listened to Testament but he said they kicked ass and loved Chuck's air guitaring He was all over the place. Down near the crowd singing with them and everything. Great stuff. Not one person went over the wall during Over The Wall. I don't remember everything they played but here is what I know they did. On one more note I don't know if Testament has ever played Maine before last night. Hope they don't wait so long if they have to do it again

True American Hate
More Then Meets The Eye
Dark Roots of the Earth
Into the Pit
Over The Wall
D.N.R.

Right after they finished I went and picked up an Anthrax shirt and a signed copy of Worship music then went down onto the floor for them. Lights go out and boom here comes Hymm #1. Crowd went wild. Pits wern't that intense but they were fun enough. Saddly Maine doesn't know how to fucking Wardance properly so Ian gave a nice speech on how to correctly do that shit. I helped in the cadance of it myself because some of these people just don't know. Anthrax sounded wonderful. Vocals were clear and Joey was in top form. Hearing Deathrider and In My world was awesome. They looked like they were having a ton of fun. Ended up getting a Frank Bello pick after the show ended because some dude with a face tattoo let me have it. He could have kicked me square in the face if he wanted to but he didn't and I appreciate it. I SWEAR they did not play Madhouse. I might be wrong in that but I don't think it happened. My buddy loved them though and getting him to participate in the Wardance was fun because he is just a Chuck Billy size indian.

for the most part in order.

Worship(Intro)
Fight Em Til You Can't
Caught In A Mosh
Antisocial
Indians
Hymm #1(intro)
In The End
DeathRider
In My World
Be All, End All
The Devil You Know
efilnikcufecin(N.F.L.)
Got The Time
I Am The Law

It was a blast honestly. I'm glad I was able to make it to this show and go for free. I would have paid no doubt.

Last edited by Nater; 10-04-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Banned Asshole

got free tix as well, so i ended up going even despite not being the biggest fan of any of them. (only super familiar with testament's latest, bush-era anthrax is all that ever really existed to me) death angel was a lot heavier than i was expecting. i think you only missed 4 testament songs, i would assume the same 4 from other set lists posted, definitely rise up and native blood. true american hate lost so much power during the blast parts, so that was a little disappointing. overall was quite impressed with them, definitely gonna have to explore more. i really do hope ian stopping the song wasnt just part of the act, was quite amusing. crowd in general was awfully tame.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 AM
N00B

It is part of the act but usually he doesn't say what he said last night. He actually seemed disapointed by the pit. The crowd was just a normal portland crowd to me.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

The opening instrumental was Worship, Hymn #1 is before In the End
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
N00B

Gracias I will edit that now.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 AM
N00B

Pictures

I drove down from New Brunswick, Canada with a buddy. It was a great show. I posted some pictures online here: http://iframe.ca/wordpress/anthrax-t...n-portland-me/

Cheers,
J
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 AM
N00B

THose are some great pics! THat must have been a beautiful ride down especially with most of the leaves up that way peaking right now.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
N00B

Yeah...the drive down was nice and scenic, the drive back was dark and tired! haha I was ready to sleep by the end.

Jason
Singer/Guitarist for the Muted Pitch
Download some free metal here: http://themutedpitch.com

Tags
anthrax, testament