Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

Tremonti -- West Chester, PA -- September 26th, 2012

Took a ride out to West Chester to see Mark Tremonti's new solo band live. My wife actually won a meet and greet and the tickets from WMMR, so we had to be there pretty early for the meet and greet. We were all herded in and the band came out, including Wolfgang Van Halen, and lined up and we all took turns walking up and taking pics and getting CDs signed. Really cool to meet all the guys. Mark is a really nice and humble guy. Wolfie was very nice and joking a lot. He was wearing an "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" t-shirt. Nice!

After the meet and greet they opened the doors and let everyone else in. By the way, if you bought anything from the merch booth you got to meet Mark and the guys after the show. They had 10 different shirts for sale at $25 a piece and the CD for $10.

The opening bands were not really my thing. The first band, Willpowerless, sounded a lot like Linkin Park to me. The second band, Man The Mighty, was not too bad. The guitarist was really good but the singer was pretty weak. They did an instrumental version of "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden, with added solos. Really good!

The place was pretty packed. Probably about 200 hundred or so in attendance. This is a pretty small venue. The only other national band I've seen here before was Fu Manchu. I mostly have seen local bands play this joint. It used to be co-owned by Bam Margera but I think he sold his share to the other owners.

Tremonti took the stage at 9:30pm. The band sounded great. Really tight. The band was: Mark Tremonti on guitar and lead vocals, Eric Friedman on guitar and backing vocals, Wolfgang Van Halen on bass and backing vocals, Garrett Whitlock on drums. I should say at this point that I am not a fan of either of Mark's other bands (Creed and Alter Bridge) but I love this band! The CD is great and very heavy. And live the songs sound even heavier. They played the entire CD and one unreleased track called Gone. Some people were shouting out Alter Bridge and Creed song titles but Mark just laughed it off. A few pits broke out, which was surprising to me. And Mark was shredding his ass off all night. They played until 10:30pm. Great show! If they come near you, and you like heavy guitar-oriented melodic metal, you should check them out. Here's the set list:

1. Wish You Well
2. All I Was
3. You Waste Your Time
4. Giving Up
5. Leave It Alone
6. Proof
7. So You're Afraid
8. The Things I've Seen
9. Doesn't Matter
10. New Way Out
11. Decay
encore
12. Gone (unreleased track)
13. Brains
The Dream Syndicate - 11/15
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 AM
N00B

I won tickets to their show tomorrow, but idk if I'm going to be able to make it there.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
things are more than just what you see

I'm very jealous, I wish I could see them!

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

I caught the opening night of the tour in Rhode Island a couple weeks ago. It was an excellent show. Wolfie, Mark & everyone were super nice.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

I caught the opening night of the tour in Rhode Island a couple weeks ago. It was an excellent show. Wolfie, Mark & everyone were super nice.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
N00B

I can't go to my show tomorrow, i don't have a way there, a complete waste of free tickets.

Tags
tremonti