Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I can forsee this turning into a bitch session before too long arguing what is Tr00 metal or what is not Tr00 metal.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I can forsee this turning into a bitch session before too long arguing what is Tr00 metal or what is not Tr00 metal.
I was considering arguing my case for Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse of Reason (I mean, if Moving Pictures counts... ), but this is JRA's idea and he's submitting the list somewhere else so I guess ultimately it's fair he decides even if we don't all agree.

Many objections have been noted though.

I'm more interested in who the proverbial "big guns" are. By my count we have 17 lists submitted so far. That's hardly a desirable sample size if we want this list to represent MSL as accurately as possible.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
If you're going to count Rush's Moving Pictures, it really should. But whatever, I don't post here enough to argue or care. Also, there's other albums on my list that aren't really any more heavy/metal than that Journey record, you just either don't know or care.
That is certainly true, namely the Whitesnake, Europe and Def Leppard.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
That is certainly true, namely the Whitesnake, Europe and Def Leppard.
You've still missed what I honestly would consider the least heavy record on that list. Also, that Europe album is most definitely metal. If you've only heard Europe songs from The Final Countdown album, you have no idea what they sounded like before that.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Oh yeah, Tesla. Fuck that shit.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Oh yeah, Tesla. Fuck that shit.
Still haven't found it.

Honestly, if you're this fucking butthurt over me choosing some respectable hard rock records (when you have NO problem including Rush's Moving Pictures and shit like it), just disqualify my list, end of story. I won't lose any sleep over it.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Still haven't found it.

Honestly, if you're this fucking butthurt over me choosing some respectable hard rock records (when you have NO problem including Rush's Moving Pictures and shit like it), just disqualify my list, end of story. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I'm not butthurt, I just can't figure out for the life of me what the hell it is. Blue Murder? Thin Lizzy? If it's that then they count. They have enough metal cred.

Whatever it is, I don't think it'll get a second vote, but the reason I bring it up is you're essentially wasting votes on things that don't count.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I'm not butthurt, I just can't figure out for the life of me what the hell it is. Blue Murder? Thin Lizzy? If it's that then they count. They have enough metal cred.

Whatever it is, I don't think it'll get a second vote, but the reason I bring it up is you're essentially wasting votes on things that don't count.
Whatever I'd be replacing those albums with would probably be more obscure things that aren't likely to get any other votes anyway, so I don't think it really matters much. I don't really have a stake in this personally or emotionally, so I don't really think I care all that much about that.

Just out of curiosity thought: What makes Blue Murder OK but Whitesnake not? The music on both albums was chiefly written by the same guy, and the two albums basically sound exactly the same. If you're going to say it's because of the "reputation" Whitesnake has, you're basically admitting that a band's image and reputation are more important than what they sound like.

And either way, you still haven't found it.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I didn't say Blue Murder was ok. The only other one's I can guess are Y&T, Fifth Angel and Magnum. And I'd never even heard of the final two.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I didn't say Blue Murder was ok. The only other one's I can guess are Y&T, Fifth Angel and Magnum. And I'd never even heard of the final two.
Guess I misunderstood the way you meant that then. It was Magnum I was referring to all this time, but I realized in backpedaling through this thread which I hadn't even read before, that I have probably an equally un-metal album on my own list which has been on multiple other ones, but you haven't called anyone out on it yet. This is just STUPID. The fact that you're letting people include synth-pop 80's Rush records (which I DO like, mind you) but not a number of these bands in question that are 5x heavier and more aggressive proves that you're really only furthering your own agenda or playing up to your own tastes.