Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Fuck you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
What did the first set end with before the intermission? What songs were in the encore?
Far Cry was the last song before intermission.

Tom Sawyer & The Spirit of Radio were the 2 encores.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
somebody somewhere

I like the 80's material, but they could have thrown in another 70's song or two. Not all of their 70's material has high vocals. Too much new shit, but we knew that going in. With that said they are still my favorite band and I can't wait to see them again. You will always get your money's worth.
The set is still solid, but talking about not wanting to hear people bitch, whether it's Rush or whoever, is ridiculous. Not everybody is going to like the set, and that's the way it is.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Have you heard the reaction that song gets when they play it live? Everyone always goes nuts for it. It will work out fine as an opener.
I saw Rush back in 2007 when they played Subdivisions, I'm well aware of the crowd reaction. I just meant musically it doesn't feel like a show opener, but since Rush is doing it, it must be great.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Kind of a shame, I'd really like to hear some of the Clockwork Angels songs but I'm definitely not going because of the first set.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 PM
In Search of Truth

I think this set is a great example of taking a good idea and going way too far with it. Great to pull out some rare songs, great to play a lot of new stuff together... but I just don't think it works that well the way they did it. If you took out maybe 2 of those songs in the first set (not gonna mention specifics) and replaced them with 2 random 70's tracks, and swapped out 1 or 2 of those new tracks (in the middle, so it was more like 3 new songs, 2 old songs, 3 or 4 new songs), you'd have a really great set that everyone could be agreed on.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM
N00B

After listening to the setlist in order at home, I do wish for a couple song switches in the first set. And the second set, either split up the new songs or play less off them. I remember in 2008, the crowd was so dead after the 5th straight S&A song, I can only imagine what its going to be like after 8 straight. For me if they would've taken out 2-3 songs and instead done the Fear trilogy (which fits their 80s theme that they are going for, plus each song seems to be a fan favorite) I think that would defer some complaints about their deeper song selections.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Concert Veteran

There's a strong rumor there's supposed to be a "B" setlist with a couple songs in each set they'll rotate between on a nightly basis. We'll see after tonight's show if that's true or not.

I think it's great that they're playing every other night on this tour and have no back to back shows. It should be really good for Geddy's voice and help him to sound his best with every performance. Picking a setlist like this one that's easy on his voice is also a big help.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:58 AM
N00B

To the person saying he's not going because of the first set : YOU' RE NOT A REAL RUSH FAN OBVIOUSLY.

To the person who said they should leave Caravan out : ARE YOU NUTS??!! FAR CRY, CARAVAN and HEADLONG FLIGHT are THE BEST 3 songs they've written in this century!!!

I think the set is great!!! I'm glad about the mid 80's stuff!! The Big Money, The Body Electric, The Analog Kid, Manhattan Project, wow!! Just amazing!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:26 AM
N00B

Rumored setlist change A+B setlists

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Those trades are pretty even except for Body Electric for Middletown Dreams. I think TBE is much better. Middletown is a good song, just not that big of a deal.

They shouldn't swap Carnies out either. Drop WTW and put Seven Cities in it's place for every show. WTW isn't a song that's worthy of being played every night, but Carnies and Seven Cities are.

Tags
rush