Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

  #11  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
>TDEP
>VOM
>KSE
>Unearth
>BOO
>The Faceless (what are you doing on this)
>Obey the Brave

Still not worth it
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
happened. Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria will sell more tickets than Exodus and Suffocation.
But Carcass nearly sold out the show by themselves...
__________________
4/26-Wicklow Atwater
4/27-Trampled by Turtles
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
But Carcass nearly sold out the show by themselves...
Minus Carcass and I'm sure the Grove would've been empty. I saw Suffocation headline at the Glasshouse and that place was sooo empty. Hell even Slaughter with Corpse headlining didn't come close to packing the Grove, more peeps were there for BTBAM.
__________________
Danny Brown?-5/4
Scion Fest-5/17
Seahaven-5/31
Basement-8/12
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is online now
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,417
The only person of interest on that bill to me is Mick Foley.
__________________
May 10 - Alice in Chains
May 17 - Swans
Jul. 3 - Boston & Night Ranger
Jul. 16 - Aerosmith & Slash
Jul. 19 - Extreme
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Minus Carcass and I'm sure the Grove would've been empty. I saw Suffocation headline at the Glasshouse and that place was sooo empty. Hell even Slaughter with Corpse headlining didn't come close to packing the Grove, more peeps were there for BTBAM.
Exactly. Carcass was the biggest draw for everyone and everything else was just an added bonus, but Carcass alone is still better than anything on this years lineup. I did see the Summer Slaughter with Necrophagist and the Grove was packed during Suffocation. Hell there was a giant pit on each level of the Grove! The place got empty when Suffo ended, so barely anyone stuck around for Necro.
__________________
4/26-Wicklow Atwater
4/27-Trampled by Turtles
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Exactly. Carcass was the biggest draw for everyone and everything else was just an added bonus, but Carcass alone is still better than anything on this years lineup. I did see the Summer Slaughter with Necrophagist and the Grove was packed during Suffocation. Hell there was a giant pit on each level of the Grove! The place got empty when Suffo ended, so barely anyone stuck around for Necro.
That sounds siiick! I went to that Slaughter at Soma in SD and holy fuck during Suffocation's set that was the biggest pit I've ever witnessed. Def agree Carcass would easily draw a huge crowd. This is just all the touring machine -core bands coming together for a core orgy.
__________________
Danny Brown?-5/4
Scion Fest-5/17
Seahaven-5/31
Basement-8/12
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,837
This is seriously one of the most repulsive line-ups for a metal event I've seen. Some bands shouldn't even be considered metal.
__________________
4/20 Thou/Cloud Rat
4/26 Circle Takes The Square/Loma Prieta/leer.
5/01 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
it's kinda funny how absolutely shitty this fest has gotten over the past few years
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
That sounds siiick! I went to that Slaughter at Soma in SD and holy fuck during Suffocation's set that was the biggest pit I've ever witnessed. Def agree Carcass would easily draw a huge crowd. This is just all the touring machine -core bands coming together for a core orgy.
It just makes me sick that a festival used to be fucking amazing and was able to draw in a few thousand people for amazing death metal bands. Now its just going along with the core trend and getting a bunch of shitty bands together so they can make more money. I heard this show is like $50 or something. I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. To be fair, TDEP, Shadows Fall, old Bleeding Through and old KSE are the only things that are good on this bill in my opinion.
__________________
4/26-Wicklow Atwater
4/27-Trampled by Turtles
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
It just makes me sick that a festival used to be fucking amazing and was able to draw in a few thousand people for amazing death metal bands. Now its just going along with the core trend and getting a bunch of shitty bands together so they can make more money. I heard this show is like $50 or something. I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. To be fair, TDEP, Shadows Fall, old Bleeding Through and old KSE are the only things that are good on this bill in my opinion.
I agree. When I think of festivals, I think a good variety of bands. KSE, AILD,Unearth,Shadows Fall would be a great tour package. I also dig TDEP, fucking phenomenal live act. Oh well I guess this makes sense. A lot of these bands are from Cali and deathcore has it's roots in SoCal.
__________________
Danny Brown?-5/4
Scion Fest-5/17
Seahaven-5/31
Basement-8/12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008